7.11 Patch Discussion

So far I'm liking all the patches notes.

I know most people have been talking about nerfing dark elf warriors or mages and this is all nice and everything but what I would like to see is NOT nerf but something different...well...two different things. :)

Let me set the scene; you're gathering mana for a number of reasons, whether for upgrades or new turrets, well you're about to get that last bit of mana and BAM it dissappears!! I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me. It's not a BIG problem it's just a little annoying so here is how we COULD fix it. Make it so mana combines with other mana. To explain this; 5 blue mana will combine to become 1 red mana (5 mana), 2 red mana will combine to become 1 green mana (10 mana), 5 green mana will combine to become 1 purple mana (50 mana). It's pretty much giving mana a new pathing target but of course if a player is around the mana then this mechanic will be overridden. Like I said this is not that BIG of a deal but it would be nice to see some form of it in the game.
The second idea that I would like to see added is an actual chat for multiplayer that I can SCROLL through. Do not let me get started on how many times I have had to say, "I'm sorry I didn't catch what you said." The chat box could come with a transparency setting that the player can adjust and this would also make certain people more inclinded to play multiplayer. I like the random PUG group from time to time and if we had this chat update, not only I but maybe other players would want to play together more. :)

Thank you for reading!!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second idea that I would like to see added is an actual chat for multiplayer that I can SCROLL through.

It's your lucky day. Press F1 and use the scroll wheel.

Now.. what I want is for this to get LOGGED. Be nice to have a record to remember games by.

As for mana.. yeah.. that's annoying. Tends to happen when mana is dropping like crazy so there is usually plenty, but does slow you down.

How about... make the mana furthest away from the player vanish first? Or a minimum time to live. Seems like when it drops fast enough it can vanish even before it finishes bouncing. You have to be on top of something when it dies to collect it.

this might be the most intresting and promising patch since i started playing !

some awesome improvements incoming :D

This patch looks absolutely fantastic, but there are two things I've wanted since the game first came out:

1. A longer chat buffer. It's really annoying to type something, be cut off, finish it, and then have the rate limiter not show what you were trying to say.

2. A speed-up button (for spawn rate and/or walk rate), especially for survival mode. Those waves get huge and when you're just waiting for things to come to your tower, you can end up sitting around for ten minutes doing absolutely nothing.

I don't know if there's a chance of these ever happening due to the potential for abuse, but... here's hoping.

are the new characters coming in this patch?

-Yes.

I hope they sneak in a warrior nerf/fix into the patch notes before it releases.

[QUOTE]PvE: Any Hero XP earned is now also automatically applied as Investment in your equipped Pet, though at a 50% conversion rate[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!

Some ideas for 7.11

- Adjust minimap aura sizes to match real game size
- Implement a "save" function (about 50% of my attempts to reach wave 15 are either trendynet or steam dc's)

[QUOTE]* PvE: Any Hero XP earned is now also automatically applied as Investment in your equipped Pet, though at a 50% conversion rate
[/QUOTE]

My jaw dropped a bit when I saw this. I was just talking to my roommate a few days ago about implementing almost exactly this! I think this is a brilliant
change! Go go trendy~!

Also Trendy, can we have the same thing for armor? Even if its 5-10% I think it would be amazing and allow beginning/intermediate players to flourish.

Another note of yours [QUOTE]* PvE: Active (non-retired) Heroes boost boost the Damage output of towers they specifically summoned by 33% (indicated via a Hero Face Icon on the tower's floating HUD)[/QUOTE]

Hybrid Builds just got viable!!!!!!

My jaw dropped a bit when I saw this. I was just talking to my roommate a few days ago about implementing almost exactly this! I think this is a brilliant
change! Go go trendy~!

Also Trendy, can we have the same thing for armor? Even if its 5-10% I think it would be amazing and allow beginning/intermediate players to flourish.

Another note of yours

Hybrid Builds just got viable!!!!!!

To be fair hybrids were always viable but now they're just great.

I say with Diminishing Returns as they are hybrids were always viable. This also helps tower builds who use the (now nerfed) elemental weapons.

Some ideas for 7.11

- Adjust minimap aura sizes to match real game size
- Implement a "save" function (about 50% of my attempts to reach wave 15 are either trendynet or steam dc's)

Omg yes plz do! I have the same problem, It would be nice even if the save would last only for an hour or so, but how many games I have lost just by a stupid steam dc or trendynet dc >

[QUOTE]* PvE: Active (non-retired) Heroes boost boost the Damage output of towers they specifically summoned by 33% (indicated via a Hero Face Icon on the tower's floating HUD)[/QUOTE]

Won't this make defenses that don't do damage (or benefit from the damage skill - depending on how this is calculated) relatively weaker, and classes with more of those defenses weaker as a result? Maybe give non-damaging defenses a health boost instead.

Where does it say about new charecters this patch?
(I tend not to beleive romours about patches till I see it officially annouced :P)

Also, I find it rather annoying that as im repairing towers, say my capped char has a full bar of 1420 mana, and I go to repair a slightly damaged tower that costs me 30 mana to repair... Althogh then, the big 500 mana gem flies at me, and only counts as 30 mana since it fills my bar back up... thats a potential 470 mana wasted due to it being "picked up" first rather then other mana gems on the ground. (seems the bigger mana gems fly at you at a faster speed)

Maybe make it so that any mana gem that would make you go over the limit doesnt attract to you?

Ie..
I have 1020/1420 mana on my char and am standing next to the follow mana gems: 1,5,10,50,500.
In this case, all but the 500 gem gets attacted to my char, while the 500 one acts as if I have full mana.

Although there should be the option that if you want to get the bigger gem, you can still pick it up by walking over it, although it just doesnt get attracted to you.

Hope others like this idea ^^.

3* upgrades cost like 1300 mana so if you were 1020 and could not pickup the 500 mana gem, you may find yourself in a bad situation.

I say its not too bad as it is, mana is more than plentiful in combat for towers. If anything just have it that you can go over limit by the amount of the gem that was picked up and obviously cant pick any more up till your under limit again.

Can we get normalization for Chickens?

I got my Legendary Defender achievement on Nov 4th and I've witnessed patch after patch where people who finished the achievement much later than I received superior rewards (which doesn't make sense.)

I'd love to hear a dev respond to this glaring problem a lot of more tenured Legendary Defenders have.

If I knew I would've had a chance for a better pet if I simply waited a month, I would have.

Wow this patch looks great.

And @ chicken people. Look, its an issue, sure. But the % of people is small, you could just go get super loot, and sorry to say, its one pet from an achievement. The real reward is supposed to be the accomplishment, not the pet.

I love those 7.11 patch notes. My favourite is probably the bit about the pets but it's a close call.

To answer Zeggy' suggestion about the mana gems, I think a way easier way to do it is to allow players to get past the mana cap when they catch a gem. They would still be unable to catch a gem when they have more mana than the cap. I can think of some abuse regarding tower upgrade at low level but nothing game breaking and would solve the issue Zeggy described.

EDIT: Basicaly +1 to what Vicious said, didn't read properly.

Wow this patch looks great.

And @ chicken people. Look, its an issue, sure. But the % of people is small, you could just go get super loot, and sorry to say, its one pet from an achievement. The real reward is supposed to be the accomplishment, not the pet.

Percentage was small? It is every Legendary Defender as of like a week ago.

What does super loot have to do with this pet?

I wouldn't even bother with the achievement if it did not end up giving you arguably the best DPS pet this game has or will have, and I'm sure I speak for alot of people.

Your last sentence is subjective, purely.

Can we get normalization for Chickens?

I got my Legendary Defender achievement on Nov 4th and I've witnessed patch after patch where people who finished the achievement much later than I received superior rewards (which doesn't make sense.)

I'd love to hear a dev respond to this glaring problem a lot of more tenured Legendary Defenders have.

If I knew I would've had a chance for a better pet if I simply waited a month, I would have.

I agree

I am pretty sure all the chicken buffs were issues as retro active buffs thus effecting all chickens that were already out there. Are you saying otherwise?

I am pretty sure all the chicken buffs were issues as retro active buffs thus effecting all chickens that were already out there. Are you saying otherwise?

All chickens that existed in the game before the buff to 60 upgrades were retroactively buffed to the MINIMUM upgrades the chicken can have.

People who unlock the Legendary Defenders achievement AFTER that patch had the ability to generate chickens WELL ABOVE the minimum 60 upgrades, which is grossly unfair to those who unlocked the chicken weeks before hand.

So what about chickens? The people who get chicken before minimum 60 upgrades get it buffed to 60 after? Only difference is that after patch people could get 60+ chickens? And that 30 % to chicken will be only for new ones or all chickens in the game ? And my real question is - Is it any difference wait to 7.11 patch to get chicken or i can get it now on 7.10e ?

change! Go go trendy~!
I wounder that they implemented it, but I thought this way once I heard about DD. Since pets r pets and not just other equipment^^ They r alive normally..

it's maybe a nice addition, but with what logic behind? Armor isn't alive, nor become it more intelligent through time^^ Equipment normally gets damaged and looses quality, so what u want is the opposite of that.