7.11 Patch Discussion

Love the new patch, are there any plans to make Chicken stats and upgrades universally the same soon? A trendy response on this for all us Legendary Defenders would be awesome!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* All: Added Linear Upgrade Multiplier for Defense Upgrades -- this will linearly buff the Health and Damage of an Upgraded Defense according the following table (percents are each from the base value): 1st Upgrade +20%, 2nd Upgrade +40%, 3rd Upgrade +60%, 4th Upgrade +80%, 5th Upgrade +100%

The scaling needs to be tweaked somewhat. I agree that at 5 upgrades a tower ought to do 100% more damage, however, the greatest bonuses should come from the costliest levels.

The numbers:

The total mana cost for upgrading something to level 5 is 2620 mana. Even if you are generous, level 1 costs only 100 mana and shouldn't grant much more than a 5% boost. 15% at level 2, 30% at level 3, 50% at level 4 and 100% at level 5 feels much better, and becomes a compelling reason for players to sink 1220 mana into that last upgrade.

If you really want to break it down. I am going to use my Apprentice for example.

Health: 169
Damage: 287
Range: 118
Speed: 178

Now these stats are nowhere perfect, but my MM Tower gives the following:

HP: 4573
Damage: 955
Speed: 0.15

After investing 2620 mana I would have:

HP: 9146
Damage: 1910
Speed: 0.08 (assuming it's rounded up)

Now that's a beat tower, but I have seen towers close to this in game already, and it still needed constant attention on higher waves. Who knows though, Nightmare mode still isn't out, so knowing how these upgrades would perform in an increased difficulty is impossible from a players point of view.

I look forward to seeing my towers do some real damage though.

You guys need to keep in mind that an upgrade boosts more than damage. If I'm not having a idiot moment here, I'm looking at double damage AND attack rate, which means 4x dps, a range boost, plus double health. Which means A LOT more survivability.

Edit:

* All: Fixed issue with Gamepad Left Trigger not correctly activating the "Invest All" button on the Equipment Info UI

I love you.

This is a tower defense game. You also have to consider that if they don't buff upgrades by enough then I hope whomever'll have a swell time going through nightmare mode.

As long as you spend a bit of time testing this Trendy and don't sneak out changes at the last minute without testing them, not that you have to post said thing on patch notes until patch comes out but the idea is to give it some sort of testing to make sure it doesn't break things off the top.

So, Ensnare/Strength Drain Auras + Level 5 + 20 Boost Apprentice Guardian. And maybe a lv. 5 Spike Blockade.

Hilarity will ensue.

So, Ensnare/Strength Drain Auras + Level 5 + 20 Boost Apprentice Guardian. And maybe a lv. 5 Spike Blockade.

Hilarity will ensue.

I'm gonna have a good laugh when you post on a nerf nightmare ninjas thread asking them to nerf ninjas.

Please people, remember DU. You're all saying that it will be better to keep your towers level 2 or so, but what happens when your DU is full and you have 1420 mana every wave and a bunch of level 2 towers? Is it not better to barely increase their stats than to not?

Edit:

* All: Fixed issue with Gamepad Left Trigger not correctly activating the "Invest All" button on the Equipment Info UI

I love you.

Awesome! now only two more things left for controller issues, can you please add the option to turn off "walk towards enemy on melee attack" to the controller section so I don't have to turn it off on the keyboard section?

And...

When creating servers can we please be allowed to name them when using a controller? it seems to conveniently skip this step.

Trendy needs to consider how this will scale with app guardians.

Because right now, I'm telling you...

10k HP fireball turrets that hit for over 20,000 will be possible.

Sounds like towers are getting the kind of boost they need, to let players grind out to get ready for nightmare mode. And I hope certain items will be locked to ONLY drop in the new difficulty. Make VW be only one of it's class, and from Nightmare, not even the best one you can get.

Let Squire have a beam sword (fires out a beam from the sword, for mid-range pierce-all).

Monk should have a Force Push on some new weapons (when high enough, his melee attack would have the same kind of effect as the steam robot, knocking enemies clear out of the path, and even strong enough to knock ogres back, if minimized on actual damage to make up for it).

Apprentice should have new weapons that grant him aura bonuses, just by being equipped, but again minimizing the actual damage done (unless it's a pure damage aura), perhaps something that only triggers when fully charged.

Huntress weapons, which are already the most varied for type and effect, could do with adding even more interesting effects. Maybe an anti-beam gun, where instead of firing from the Huntress out, beams come IN at her from full range. If she's moving and dodges it, the beam can continue on behind her. Or she could be given non-weapon weapons (again, utility over damage), such as a permacloak, or something to keep her traps up and ready to go at all times, or even a weapon that creates new traps that aren't otherwise summoned (similar to the HPD) and drain their own energy reserves, or drains mana to use.

If this patch really goes live like this, make sure to play the hell out of it until the nerfhammer hits...

Boom baby, maybe now my towers will be able to one shot, one shotting ninjas on wave 17 insane surv.... that should be the trick to solo past this wave :)

Buff the rewards for doing challenges!

Nightmare Mode...
Will probably bring new rewards for challenges.

i foresee tower nerfs when they realise +100% is too much of a buff considering its currently around +15 - 20% (from what ive seen on my towers)

To repeat my reply from another thread: Without the buff I'd imagine Nightmare would be all but impossible for even hardcoriest of players.

And I really really REALLY hope that super loot isnt a Surv and PS only thing...

Trendy needs to consider how this will scale with app guardians.

Because right now, I'm telling you...

10k HP fireball turrets that hit for over 20,000 will be possible.

And non ogre mobs will have like 200k+ hp's so... you do the math.

Can we fix Ninjas? At least the part where they just RNG and jump onto the Crystal and oneshot it. Reduced damage to towers would be nice. Right now it's absolutely insane. They AoE destroy turrets in 2-3 hits, even Blockades. Very silly. There is a thread on this btw, in General Discussion.

To repeat my reply from another thread: Without the buff I'd imagine Nightmare would be all but impossible for even hardcoriest of players.

And I really really REALLY hope that super loot isnt a Surv and PS only thing...

Regarding the super loot... They say that it scales with wave number. Which means that survival and PS have the highest chance because they can go over 10 + waves whereas others can't. I think it makes sense to do it that way so that more time playing = more reward.

Well true, with new super loot and new super upgradeable towers there must be a nerf soon enough. So better you include a reasonable balance change in 7.11 rather than needing another 7.11a half a day later, because people are farming Survival Insane like it was nothing and suddenly everyone online with 7.11 has an inventory full of super loot and giraffes.

I really hope that wont happen (again)...

hmm... that upgrading makes sense now is a good change, but it's somewhat op because it worked without it before^^
all of the last upgrades seems kind of op to me but yeah... I trust u ;)

Anyway, what I really want to see is:
- autobank/share mana which got looted over the mana cap. Eg when u've got full mana and start repairing, u start looting mana once u've lost even one (so u grab 10 or even 50 mana and get only 1 out off of it)
- when u upgrade eg. Tower Health, all ur towers get damage / needs to be healed because only their max health rises. (this behavior sucks, it should give them that health as well, or at least to a tower which was full before)
- when u equip an item and already had one before, the game first removes the old (=reduces tower health and other) and then equips the new one. Even when u replace a +5 Tower Health item with another +5 Tower Health item, ur towers get damage. (that's what the game currently does, not what I want)
- maybe add repair all within the build phase... just maybe xD (a button^^ so u don't have to run around)

Sorry but you are all wrong.. gods.. simple basic algebra FAIL.
100% of BASE value...... BASE VALUE!!!!

towers calculate damage like this....
Base damage x level multiplier + character bonus.

for simplicity sake......... ill draw a simple understandable verbal picture.
say a LEVEL ONE MAGE>.. NOTHING in tower stats.. all 0 places a Mm turret...
it does 50 damage a shot.
this is its BASE damage.
by some.. miracle.. some lvl 70 comes in.. and raises it to lvl 5.. 3 starts...
it will now do 100 damage.. as thats 50.. + 50... + mage stat.. which is 0... for a total of 100 damage.

unimpressed.. the level 70 places his OWN MM tower...
hes happy with his +200 tower damage... places it at lvl 1...
the damage he will do is around 650..
50 for the base tower..x 0% for being lvl 1.. +the 600 for his 200 tower damage stat for his character.
he wants more power.. so he raises it to level 5..3 stars.
50 x 100% is 100 damage.. + 600 for his player dower damage bonus.. its a grand total of 700 damage.

the ONLY thing getting boosted.. is the towers BASE raw level one damage.. and health... your bonuses for your characters armor and items.. are added AFTER that.. not during.
so your damage will NOT double to 1300.

DPS wise.. and with a huge RoF.. that minor extra damage WILL make a difference.. but is far from the doubleing of ALL your damage that you are fearing... oh drooling over.