Sign in to follow this  
Jhadious

stop making the game for people that run insane.

so this for those of us that cant run insane survival with ease. stop making all these new patches for people that can run insane over and over and over if they want to. there are a good chunk of people that cannot run insane over and over, and this new loot system does not help those of us that cannot run insane stuff. you're helping the people that can, and hindering the people that cant.

:(

Umm, just wondering, but are you saying you want the same loot from easier content?
Easy->Medium->Hard/ Normal - hard Challanges->Insane / hard - insane Challanges->Survival
Go and grab some loot, and beat those baddies.

What he means (i guess) is that the developers are giving a good hand to the people who can enjoy insane and others can't (yet) as they can't obtain good gear which is suitable enough to do insane to gain even better gear.

What he means (i guess) is that the developers are giving a good hand to the people who can enjoy insane and others can't (yet) as they can't obtain good gear which is suitable enough to do insane to gain even better gear.

exactly! thank you pyro

Before the superloot updates, I was able to do all the maps on insane. So superloot armour and weapons are definately not a requirement to beat the game as it currently is. Even without superloot items our party was still able to get to wave 19 without a problem (while superloot starts appearing at around 11'ish?). So even without superloot you should be easily able to obtain it, if your tower placement is good.

If you can't stand the heat, stick with Hard mode.

I played Monster fest on Hard and had packed up several auras and powerful towers. But these Ogres with 1.5 MILLION HP that come together are just not suitable for hard. This was just with two people and we both have an ok DPS for our gears. 16k and 25k on my brother apprentice.

Together they have more HP than the last boss of the game on Insane and they are by far the biggest threat against you. So this isn't about Insane being hard any longer. It's about Hard being made into mode that forces you to have among the highest DPS weapon on your character in order to complete the stage.

I haven't tried any other maps but I'm gonna bet Glitter helm is going to be roughly the same with Ogres. It was never this insane before and I think their HP doubled in total on Hard.

Before the superloot updates, I was able to do all the maps on insane. So superloot armour and weapons are definately not a requirement to beat the game as it currently is. Even without superloot items our party was still able to get to wave 19 without a problem (while superloot starts appearing at around 11'ish?). So even without superloot you should be easily able to obtain it, if your tower placement is good.

could be right, my tower placement could be utterly horrid, but ive played TD games in the past, and i dont think im "that bad" of a player yeah im not hardcore or anything, but it could be my placement. usually i play by myself, or with my wife's app. i have 70 squire/monk/hunt, working on my own app now, my huntress does about 28k dps now with her vw, my squire is tower built, 109 health, 118 dmg, 108 atk rate, like 80 i think? in range. monk is also tower spec, 110/123/40/43. huntress is my dps, hero stats 107/124/109/58. ive tried the guides to do deeper wells on insane. i've watched videos on setups. and they still break through my stuff on stage 10, i dunno i guess my placement of towers could be the issue, but it also looks like they do so much massive damage that my towers cant live up to it.

could be right, my tower placement could be utterly horrid, but ive played TD games in the past, and i dont think im "that bad" of a player yeah im not hardcore or anything, but it could be my placement. usually i play by myself, or with my wife's app. i have 70 squire/monk/hunt, working on my own app now, my huntress does about 28k dps now with her vw, my squire is tower built, 109 health, 118 dmg, 108 atk rate, like 80 i think? in range. monk is also tower spec, 110/123/40/43. huntress is my dps, hero stats 107/124/109/58. ive tried the guides to do deeper wells on insane. i've watched videos on setups. and they still break through my stuff on stage 10, i dunno i guess my placement of towers could be the issue, but it also looks like they do so much massive damage that my towers cant live up to it.

Your placement isn't the issue. The guides tend to not mention that you need like 200+ Tower damage and a damn good DPS weapon. They think that most of the time their gear is just "Average" while for us it would be godly.

I have no 180 tower damage on my monk and so does my brother. Still don't think we can complete Insane on Glitter or Spook.

Your placement isn't the issue. The guides tend to not mention that you need like 200+ Tower damage and a damn good DPS weapon. They think that most of the time their gear is just "Average" while for us it would be godly.

I have no 180 tower damage on my monk and so does my brother. Still don't think we can complete Insane on Glitter or Spook.

yeah there's no way i can do glitter/spook on insane at all. hard spook was a great challenge and after finally finishing it i thought i was "ok" to try and do insane deep well... yeeeeeah nope lol not even close.

200+ tower damage? im not even sure how you can get armor that high to make up the extra? do you just up damage on all your armor and negate up'ing tower health/atk rate?

With the new loot from v7.10, you can basically get 200 tower damage without upgrading a single piece. This would be for the better geared people though, and that doesn't matter. Heck, even before all this super-loot came out, a few people had +300 tower damage (and yes, they only upped tower damage).

As it is right now, there are a lot of guides how to do things but I personally haven't really used them because they don't fit my playstyle very well. There's no "right" way of using your tower placement, but some sure are better than others. Completeing Spook or Glitter on insane, even now, shouldn't be that hard even with average or below average gear.

@ Ogre Problem - I've never depended on towers to kill them, but rather my hero to do the heavy single-target dps output. Normally I just put up a few barricades, a strength drain aura and this will be able to hold the ogres at bay for a very long time, so that I can kill them easily without any damage being done really (oh, and then add a few towers/auras/whatever to kill the other units). That has cleared insane glitter pretty darn easily, and insane glitter will most likely (don't know for sure, since I'm not doing that anymore) give you the gear required to combat the long survival stages if you feel like you're one of those people who need the best gear.

Ever since I started doing the insane survivals, I've actually found a trap/aura combination to work much much more efficiently than any tower can. You might also want to try something along those lines (or not, seeing as you don't have a trap huntress).

@ Zefar and your Monster fest on Hard - I'd say Monster Fest is by far the hardest challenge out there (the tooltip also has the highest recommended level if I'm not mistaken) and nobody expect you to beat it right away just because you clear the campaign on hard. Nor do I feel like the ogre HP is that much of an issue. Sure they might have more hp than the dragon from insane summit, but they're quite easy to deal with. They're slow, their attacks don't insta-hit = you can kite them easily. You can basically keep doing damage to them without taking and damage, especially seeing as you're an apprentice (or at least your brother is, can't quite tell what you are). Also, it very much to me looks like you think too much of "dps" since you're bringing out numbers like that and it seems to be extremely important. Well, if you can't kite the ogres (due to wyverns or dark elf warriors killing you) you might want to upgrade some of your gear into resistances :-) Having 90% resistance is quite a buff, and you can get there with average gear easily (90% in Generic Damage for the most part, the others seem less useful :p)