Need help to import a weapon (Pinkie Pie Launcher)

UPDATE:
The launcher is ready to use
Pinkie Pie Launcher
This only contain the launcher, it could have more things in the future (pets and more weapons maybe).

Hello everyone, someone asked for this cannon before the mod tools came out, i decided to be a good "artist" and help, so i modeled it today (i didnt created the concept, so i dont get credit for that, still have to do the projectile).

Render with bump:

Projectile

The idea was for it to behave similar to the chicken launcher, but with the projectile exploding in a shower of balloons or confetti (think of it like the Birthday mode of TF2).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the projectile and all that (the only thing i didnt do, was the confetti explosion effect).

I got someone to help, we are trying to get it into the game but are having some minor issues XP.

Let me know if you want to try thou and i can send you the files.

Thanks, just realized the link on Digest thanks to Runie xD.

Heres how it looks in-game (Many thanks to Yoraiz0r for helping/"doing all the import work")

Just need to choose a suitabe projectile and do some pic for the confetti/balloons explosion

Hehe , yup.
The current pony head really gives me a hard time , apparently it doesn't like being converted into ASE format (needed for being shot as a projectile).

I have already scaled it to a more 'normal' type of size , and it looks really nice.

The DDDK likes spreading the classes regarding weapons over huge amounts of areas , and it really annoys to understand why stuff don't want to happen.

THANKFULLY I am so awesome as I got it to work on my first try! =D (no tutorials regarding UDK or DDDK were read in the construction of this product , lol)

@ Trendy , if anyone out there reads this , If you may , please, just post some exporting scripts for us , its tedious to find fine exporters for ASE , PSK and other formats while using blender ._.;

Okay , so here's what we got so far.

Transparent ponies , apparently knowledge in the UDK elements takes time to be acquired.

Giant ponies with wrong offsets , because apparently no scaling exists in the UDK in the fine terms that our worlds go by.

So Ponies are nice , yes , but not with chicken feathers and clucking explosions ._. IT LOOKS SO ADORABLE WHEN IT HOPS DAMNIT!

A random picture I shared with Dsurion , which belongs to a mod I am planning to make (new class , this one is The Anomaly)
, while crying over the amount of data I had to 'recreate' after MY DDDK CRASHED ON ME.

and it was near the end as well T.T

"And Alas , it is complete."

To any dev who sees this , some questions to be answered please.

Although done , the resources for it are not in the TC's folder and its spread around my entire computer , where should they be placed for proper sending? (and recreation followed with that T.T)

Jeremy stated something about the heromanager archetype's additional data list , which I happily changed to fit , however this is the only class I changed , and well...... does that mean I really need a TC? (and if not , please explain how to avoid that)

And move this to the completed section , since I'll quickly reconstruct this....thing up again after those questions are answered , and RELEASE THE HUGGABLE DEATH MONSTER TO THE WORLD!

Wow.. It's finished.. I am sitting in anticipation for the releasing of this golden monstrosity. :'3

Wow.. It's finished.. I am sitting in anticipation for the releasing of this golden monstrosity. :'3

But what about these?

Hell yes, pets too!

Now all I need is to actually have the questions I asked earlier answered , and have the motivation to figure out how to add color randomization for these little *******s....
And then....Ponies for everybody! XD

Yoraiz0r, if you want it to be a permanent weapon that's usable throughout the whole game, it needs to be a TC. You add it to the HeroManager ARchetype's Additional Refs array to keep it in memory. You ship out your TC by cooking it, just click "Cook TC" in the DevTool and then ship out your TC folder (except you only need to ship these TC subfolders):

\YourTC\Config\
\YourTC\CookedPCConsole\
\YourTC\Splash\

Of course, there has to be some way for the player to get the weapon in the first place, so if you want it to be randomly dropped or sold in the shop, then you'll need to add an entry to the HeroManager's EquipmentDropEntries ro Shop Entries arrays. Or you could add it into the Tavern in a chest, like you can see done for the "Parent's Weapons" in the secret room (in which case you'll have to save a copy of the LobbyLevel.udk in your TC's Maps folder and that will be cooked along with your TC).

The whole game will then be playable with the Pinkie Pie launcher.

If you only want it to be usable on a single map, that can be done as a Mod, but you'd need to make a new Mod Map of some sort and put the Pinkie Pie Launcher in there, and it'll disappear after leaving the map if in your inventory...

-Jer

Yoraiz0r, if you want it to be a permanent weapon that's usable throughout the whole game, it needs to be a TC. You add it to the HeroManager ARchetype's Additional Refs array to keep it in memory. You ship out your TC by cooking it, just click "Cook TC" in the DevTool and then ship out your TC folder (except you only need to ship these TC subfolders):

\YourTC\Config\
\YourTC\CookedPCConsole\
\YourTC\Splash\

Of course, there has to be some way for the player to get the weapon in the first place, so if you want it to be randomly dropped or sold in the shop, then you'll need to add an entry to the HeroManager's EquipmentDropEntries ro Shop Entries arrays. Or you could add it into the Tavern in a chest, like you can see done for the "Parent's Weapons" in the secret room (in which case you'll have to save a copy of the LobbyLevel.udk in your TC's Maps folder and that will be cooked along with your TC).

The whole game will then be playable with the Pinkie Pie launcher.

If you only want it to be usable on a single map, that can be done as a Mod, but you'd need to make a new Mod Map of some sort and put the Pinkie Pie Launcher in there, and it'll disappear after leaving the map if in your inventory...

-Jer

Ah.

In this case......I Announce...........PROJECT "ADDITION!"
I need more minerals , or to be correct! :

The CAKE needs more minerals.

Seriously though , seems a bit ridiculous to make an entire TC over just 1 weapon ._.
Guess I'll have to start working on that class I concepted ._.

Random questions Jeremy,
1) Where do I place my assets in order for them to be shipped correctly , when scattered around my computer , they don't get cooked so well , and the game doesn't really appriciate this messiness via showing me a blue&grey squares model (yay).
2) Do you (refers to trendy , actually) accept any 'expansion story' concepts with detailed class ideas? 0.o I have some good one I'd like to submit >.<

in other regards , I think the forums should have a 'mod request' section , because there's no place for these to go to , and the suggestion threads are only about balance.

if someone wants new content it should have a place for it! >.>

For cooking, your assets (packages) need to either be located in:

\YourTC\Content\Packages\

or

\UDKGame\Content\Packages

Better to put them in "\YourTC\Content\Packages", IMO, so that it's protected against Steam updates ruining your files.

-Jer

Ahh....ha...
For anyone who missed it , I am actually a little not 'confident' about releasing an entire TC for a single....gun...
I havn't even decided on stats yet 0.o
I did , however , get a Zasalamel <---- Soul Calibur character. 's scythe!
I wonder if I really want to texture it ~.~;

If I get two more weapon models (with textures , pl0x) I'll upload everything together in a bunch! =D
Also , I actually started working on mah' Anomaly class!
I already got a 'replacer' class into the game <--- looks like apprentice , has new towers for check , different behaviour and abilities!

But......*sigh* I'm gonna need assets for that as well , and with my inferior modeling and texturing and animating abilities , It will take forever , quite possibly a long while too! >_<

Also , what color variations do you want the pinkie pies to be at? =D

Ahh....ha...
For anyone who missed it , I am actually a little not 'confident' about releasing an entire TC for a single....gun...
I havn't even decided on stats yet 0.o
I did , however , get a Zasalamel <---- Soul Calibur character. 's scythe!
I wonder if I really want to texture it ~.~;

If I get two more weapon models (with textures , pl0x) I'll upload everything together in a bunch! =D
Also , I actually started working on mah' Anomaly class!
I already got a 'replacer' class into the game <--- looks like apprentice , has new towers for check , different behaviour and abilities!

But......*sigh* I'm gonna need assets for that as well , and with my inferior modeling and texturing and animating abilities , It will take forever , quite possibly a long while too! >_<

Also , what color variations do you want the pinkie pies to be at? =D

The colours of the rainbow~