Update and Changelog:
Version 1.3b (July 14th, 2012)
* Fixed secure kismet error and crash. (Curse you, sneaky prefab sequences!)

Version 1.3 (July 14th, 2012)
* Recompiled and uploaded to the Steam Workshop!
* Increased mana-per-hit (again)
* Dummies now ignore the trading cap, it should be possible to fill yourself all-the-way to the top!

Version 1.2 (Dec 30th, 2011)
* More mana from dummies, to fit with the new mana cap.
* Removed the chests! They were redundant and liked to cause more problems than they fixed.

Version 1.1 (Nov 25th, 2011)
*More chests! (redundant)
*Fixed errors due to not having Halloween DLC.

The Mad Mana Map is a simple, near-duplicate tavern, with the addition of special high-yield mana chests, and dummies that give mana when you clobber 'em!

Grab the map from DDNexus and get more mana than you know what to do with!

Download Link: (Steam Workshop recommended, allows for open-net play and keeps itself updated!)
Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=82222401
DDNexus: http://www.dungeondefendersnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?6f66a8j9gr66rlt

(old version mediafire mirrors, DDNexus has all versions in old version section)
Version 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?65h7d70au2z4di0
Version 1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?p9921dgwas9xore

How to Install [Steam Workshop]
Head on over to The Workshop in your browser or steam client, and click the subscribe button for the mod. It's that simple!

How to Install [Non-Workshop]
Extract the ChibiT_MadManaMap.upk file from the 7zip archive and place it in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\UDKGame\CookedMods
This is the default location, your steam directory may be somewhere else! Check C:\Program Files\ if you're on a 32-bit OS.

How to Play
Start an Open or Local game, and select the map from the custom maps menu. (If not installed via steam workshop, must be played locally, I think)

MetaData:
Mapname: Mad Mana Map
Author: ChibiTrap
Gametype: Testing / Tavern
Playercount: 1-4
Objective: N/A
DDNexus link: http://www.dungeondefendersnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the stupidiest thing ever. Who would possibly downlo.. hey, what do you mean I have to be logged in Dungeon Nexus to download it? Gaddamit now I have to create an account.

This is a great map, looks like I can test some of my future weapon upgrades out now!

EDIT: So many sites have moved from popups ads to popup videos. I guess they need to keep running somehow.

Good to see the download packed in a 7z, I don't mind watching those ads now!

EDIT 2:
TO PLAY: Go to challenges and scroll down, Search for MadManaMap and start the Map
I couldn't find this info on either site and just dug it up from the 4ways map thread.

TO PLAY: Go to challenges and scroll down, Search for MadManaMap and start the Map
I couldn't find this info on either site and just dug it up from the 4ways map thread.

Didn't think about that, I'll add it to the read-me tomorrow. Also tomorrow probably, the leveling equivalent~ (since once we get the obligatory LOLMANAEVERYWHERE and LOLEXPEXPLOSION maps out of the way, we can pay attention to making things that can actually be called content :D)

Quick guide to infinite storable mana using the DDDK:

TestMap.udk
change properties of a weapon archetype to have a minimum sell value of 30000000
play level, pick up item. repeat.

to streamline the getting heaps of them, enable realtime in the editor, its a little picture of a joystick on the toolbar i think, you should see the weapons spinning about. copy and paste the one you modified so theres heaps of them.
play it. pick up like 120m mana a second or something.

the only disadvantage is you need to have the DDDK downloaded.

This is a great map, looks like I can test some of my future weapon upgrades out now!

EDIT: So many sites have moved from popups ads to popup videos. I guess they need to keep running somehow.

Good to see the download packed in a 7z, I don't mind watching those ads now!

EDIT 2:

I agree with you on that! Great map to test update on Open before going to Ranked!

Well you know, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

i came across a map that has all items and pets within it including the TF2 1s and all Crystal models.

kind of surprised the person didnt post it on here because if so it would have been the 1st mod map to have been released.

And Jeremy, thanks for that post, you'll see why in a moment :)

pika pika pi

inferior consoles can not use custom maps

Yes they can. Hell, Unreal Tournament 3 runs on the same engine and you can play mods on the PS3 version of that.

Niiice. Now all this map needs is a "mission" objective that will let us return to the real tavern, causing the inventory to shuffle.

Well you know, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

i came across a map that has all items and pets within it including the TF2 1s and all Crystal models.

kind of surprised the person didnt post it on here because if so it would have been the 1st mod map to have been released.

And Jeremy, thanks for that post, you'll see why in a moment :)

pika pika pi
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the test map has that, and it was included with the DDDK.

Anyway, great map, though now I just need something to use all that mana on... Heh.

Great mod. Really helpful, being able to see how upgraded items will turn out instead of having to use a calculator.

If I do this on PS3 will I be banned?
if you can doenload it on your ps3 then no you wont be only people on rank will get banned and rank is pc only

Can somebody mirror this map, I like the idea but I am not signing up for an account to download a file.

Added a MediaFire link to the main post.

Could you make a map with all items? Or does that take too long to make?

its called "TestMap" and its already in the game , you just need to put it in the map list :P

Could you make a map with all items? Or does that take too long to make?

As Yoraiz0r indicated, this already exists in the form of the Test Map, though even that would take some tweaking to function like you want it to. As it stands, everything on the map spawns with the absoute minimum stats it can possibly have, with no bonuses, all in shades of grey, and it requires a console command to randomize them / make them useful.

While I don't plan on making a map strictly for items (though that may change in the future) I do plan to have a leveling map out either later today or early next week that will also drop appropriately excessive gear.

Ahh alright, I found out how to play on the test map, I'll be waiting eagerly on your leveling map now :p