Sign in to follow this  
JeremyStieglitz

Confirmed Changes for Dungeon Defenders: First Wave, Patch 2.0! (RELEASED)

As far as I know, there is not a single mmorpg that has ever erased player data on the iPhone player data, after update. For example, I Play kingdom conquest, and it recent had a massive update, and while it appears some plYers may have their data accidentally deleted (though I think it has more to do with Player error) the developers in no way intended to delete plAYer data. There are others to, such as farmville and that type of game.

Regardless, deleting player data is simply not the norm after updates, I can't even believe we are having this discussion bc he norm is so obvious for the iPhone platform. This is a casual gaming platform and I would think most developers recognize that to keep casual gamers they cannot even think about deleting data or they lose the casuals.

Can't wait for the iPhone update!!

One more thing. Using a data wipe to fix whatever balance issues exist is like using a sledgehammer to fix a tumor. I have full faith that the developers will handle these issues in such a way that they make most of the player base happy. Cheers!

Me too mook. Sorry for the other day. I'm just saying that to me thus game feels more like an open beta than an actual v1.0. Moved on to some other things :) im having a good day. And it's last day of travel,

The other tried an tested methods, work for a little bit but eventually ruin games long term

[quote]there is not a single mmorpg that has ever erased player data on the iPhone player data[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, how many MMOs are there on the iPhone?

Off the top of my head, there sure as hell isn't enough to make this any sort of a credible claim. If the game is released exploit-free, then I don't mind a no-wipe. Time is of the essence. But if you mean to tell me, the early players have gotten some items in a couple minutes, what the other guys post-update would take days, maybe weeks, that isn't cool. Regardless, maybe it isn't as severe, but I mean, if people are already saying the game's too easy, and they've already got the "perfect" items after less than two weeks of release, something is wrong. I'd say, any MMO should take at least some 40-odd hours to create a decent character, and 75+ to get it at the declared "godly" levels.

Here are the changes so far for iOS patch 1.1 (all of these things are in the initial Android build that's going out in a couple days :) ).

Will continue adding to this list as we do more stuff:

*Raised Max Item level to 15, and Max Hero Level to 70
*Eliminated low cap on Speed stat and changed how the results of this stat are calculated
*INSANE Difficulty is much, much harder (and so is HARD)... good luck :)
*Rebalanced item drops to make super items harder to get
*Fixed some levelling & item farming exploits
*Adding GameSpy for multi-platform iOS-Android gameplay! And PC gameplay with Dungeon Defenders when that product launches. GameSpy supports Private Matches, Game Naming, Game Browsing, and an array of search filters.
*GameCenter support for private matches, and fixes for Inviting
*Better voice chat stability
*Many GameCenter & iOS crashes eliminated
*iOS 4.1 support
*Various new item drop types
*Big performance boost due to media optimization, and some code optimization
*Various gameplay tweaks for a better balance
*New Tutorial video explains the game in a minute, by default replacing the former interactive tutorial (though that's left in as an option)
*Performance scaling option for iOS, user can now reduce resolution and detail to further increase performance even more as they see fit
*Replaced on-screen Pause button with Character button which allows fast-healing, moved Pause button into character submenu
*Rebalanced item value ramp so that super-items don't sell for ridiculous amounts
*A brand new Campaign level & Challenge mission created specifically for high-level hero teams... because we appreciate the support of you hardcore defenders :)
* Lots of minor bug fixes and game tweaks too numerous to list here... (among the many, Targeting Dummies now print DPS as you're attacking them haha ;) )
* Familiars re-added to iOS version
** Items now have a level requirement based on their quality, and also tell you which class is necessary to use them in the popup overlay

Will update this list as more is added. Looking forward to submitting this patch around the end of the year and having it in your hands as 2011 newly rolls in.

Now get back to playin'... you're gonna need mad stats to conquer the new INSANE mode missions!!

-Jeremy

Is this valid in terms of what is in the 1.1 release for android as well? or does this just pertain to iOS. The game was saying the level cap for heroes was level 60, did I misread this?

Is this valid in terms of what is in the 1.1 release for android as well? or does this just pertain to iOS. The game was saying the level cap for heroes was level 60, did I misread this?

These updates apply across the board on mobile platforms. The current level cap is 60, but with patch 1.1, this will be changed to 70.

Hope they wipe characters/data seeing as there have been multiple level/item farming exploits and also seeing as they are raising the difficulty on the modes by a lot, wouldn't really be that fair to new players if not.

Hope they wipe characters/data seeing as there have been multiple level/item farming exploits and also seeing as they are raising the difficulty on the modes by a lot, wouldn't really be that fair to new players if not.

While it does suck for new people, a wipe at this point would not be fair to those who have already invested hours upon hours into the game. If they had given ample notice about the wipe from the start, that would be a different story. But since they announced no such thing, everyone has been spending their time leveling and farming. If they wiped, I'm pretty sure I'd quit. I don't like my time to be thrown down the toilet like that.

It's not time down the toilet, it's time spent to learn the game and still have an advantage knowing how to play and a lot of experience, just look at it like a beta considering the amount of bugfixes that are upcoming, and no, i'm pretty sure noone that actually likes the game would quit over it, it's just an empty threat because they want to keep their characters and huge advantage gained from exploits, that empty threat is seen on pretty much every gaming forum whenever a new patch comes up with something some players doesn't like, i.e "omg, u nerfed that skill now i'll quit" or "wow the knights got boosted now i'll quit".

The game hasn't even been out long, it'd be one thing if it's something that's been out for a year.

While it does suck for new people, a wipe at this point would not be fair to those who have already invested hours upon hours into the game. If they had given ample notice about the wipe from the start, that would be a different story. But since they announced no such thing, everyone has been spending their time leveling and farming. If they wiped, I'm pretty sure I'd quit. I don't like my time to be thrown down the toilet like that.

so its not worth leveling my hero till the wipe ??

Again, if they gave notice about a wipe, I'd be all for it. If they had announced a wipe along with the patch announcement, people would at least know that the time they put in from then on would be for personal experience and nothing more. But they did not, so no it would not be fair. And you're probably right that the ones who are spending their lives on here and plan to buy every version that comes out, won't likely quit. But I'd strongly consider it. I'd check out the pets first. But I really don't like my time getting wiped out (that's what you're suggesting, whether you believe it or not. Don't give me that experience crap.).

Hey I noticed with the new patch, you said the pause button is being replaced by character healing. I have a suggestion -- how bout a heal that works on your character or defenses? Basically you tap on that button and then either on your character or the defense that needs repairing. Would make fast repairs more doable than going through the menu.

I actually think the best way (if they were to do a wipe) would be an inventory wipe and a level respec for everyone. You get to keep your level, respec your char however you want, but have to regain your items (seeing how those were the things most affected by the exploits). IDK if that could be done though.

I mention a character wipe about 12 pages ago unnoticed. Also mentioned one on TA in the first couple of pages, before the thread became the spam it is now. "Can you hear me? Can you hear me now?"

Considering PvP is also coming out, i'd say it'd be pretty crucial to wipe. Would it be worth it to risk getting the reputation of being a game filled with exploiters who got their godly gears and levels in an early version by exploiting? That won't appeal much to players who want to start playing.

Either that or make a fresh new server for new players and the exploiters can play on their server and have fun with eachother. I don't think they will wipe, even if it were for the best, but I'm still having my hopes up since they haven't denied the rumours yet, so it might still be up on the table for discussion.

Again, wiping without ample warning is not fair to those who invested time in the game till now. I'd be less likely to trust a game in the future if they would pull a stunt like that now. Bc who's to say it won't happen again when they realize they made another mistake?

Again, wiping without ample warning is not fair to those who invested time in the game till now. I'd be less likely to trust a game in the future if they would pull a stunt like that now. Bc who's to say it won't happen again when they realize they made another mistake?

Does not matter how many times you say it's not fair because regardless their decision it won't be fair so it's up to them, either scare away potential new players who wants a challange by saying "Hey welcome to the game where the top players have all exploited levels and items and you will never ever get such an easy ride as they did since we made everything harder just for you and removed the exploits"

Best would be to make a fresh server, then you can stay in your own exploited one and have fun with your friends, because the new players would most likely chose the fresh server, hell I bet even most of the old players would go there.

No, because if I knew they were wiping, I wouldn't have spent 5 minutes playing the game before the update. But they said nothing about a wipe, so I played. Why should I get punished for their mistakes? A warning with a wipe would have been fine. And I already said back in the beginning of this thread (go check for yourself) that it wasn't fair to the new people coming in. They could have told us about a wipe early on and it would have been fair to all. But at this point, it's just fucking with the people who spent a lot of time playing the game till now.

Seriously, am I the only one who sees the problem with this?

Lol a leader board wipe would be ok, but if they wipe my char. Kiss ps3 and pc game good bye, and I delete this app, I put ice on my wrist and took some motrin playing this, if all that pain was for nothing I would rage.. If we were told before hand, I wouldnt of done all that. Also I gotten plenty of headaches, and I stayed up til 6 A.M. playing once..

No, because if I knew they were wiping, I wouldn't have spent 5 minutes playing the game before the update. But they said nothing about a wipe, so I played. Why should I get punished for their mistakes? A warning with a wipe would have been fine. And I already said back in the beginning of this thread (go check for yourself) that it wasn't fair to the new people coming in. They could have told us about a wipe early on and it would have been fair to all. But at this point, it's just fucking with the people who spent a lot of time playing the game till now.

Seriously, am I the only one who sees the problem with this?

No, everyone sees that it is indeed a problem with that, but you fail to realize that there is a BIGGER problem not wiping exploited and cheated characters in terms of the games reputation and increasing the playerbase with more new players.