This is frigging unacceptable!

So I made a new squire. I gave him some starter gear, and spent some mana upgrading items that I found while I'd levelled him. I levelleled him to lvl 24 (yeah, it's not much, but I'm a casual player and my gaming time is usually very limited, today was a lucky exception and I wanted to go on with the levelling). I quit the game to have dinner, and when I logged back in, the squire was gone - along with items, mana invested, etc, etc.

This is totally unacceptable. I can tolerate crashes, disconnects, bugs, unbalanced gameplay and sneaky nerfs (I spent almost the whole day farming stupid Orge Crush for that elemental High Five which turned out to be totally useless after the last patch), but I can't tolerate my precious gaming time being outright stolen by the stupid game.

i agree, but you can be certain they are looking in to it.
ive seen it mentioned a few times, and that they are trying to resolve the problem.
its frustrating but its somin we have to put up with till fixed (properly^^)
TBH i just close the game after each level (farming hard spook for cash godlys and possibly a better VW), so that it saves the progress as often as possible.
I got a bit miffed loosing hours of play, millions of mana. but unlike most ppl on this damn forum im patient, because i can see wht this game is turning in to, and it it far from dying :P
i dont mean you Randmer, i totally agree and its annoying as hell, im sure TE understand. and are trying there best to fix it, its quite possibly the biggest issue/bug atm.

So I made a new squire. I gave him some starter gear, and spent some mana upgrading items that I found while I'd levelled him. I levelleled him to lvl 24 (yeah, it's not much, but I'm a casual player and my gaming time is usually very limited, today was a lucky exception and I wanted to go on with the levelling). I quit the game to have dinner, and when I logged back in, the squire was gone - along with items, mana invested, etc, etc.

This is totally unacceptable. I can tolerate crashes, disconnects, bugs, unbalanced gameplay and sneaky nerfs (I spent almost the whole day farming stupid Orge Crush for that elemental High Five which turned out to be totally useless after the last patch), but I can't tolerate my precious gaming time being outright stolen by the stupid game.

There's a service for recovery already. Try reading the help section before ranting for no reason.

7.10 might well fully resolve this problem -- we think we have identified the source of the issue and stamped it out -- but we won't put it in the patch notes until we know for certain in release. Anyhow, one of our guys will be in touch with you shortly Randmer to aid in recovery.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I experienced this myself.. Just on a smaller scale..
I played a guy up to level 7 (or so), and exit the game, dont remember why... And when I logged back in, the character were nowhere to be seen.
I don't actually have the game, but I'm considering buying it.. (Playing the demo)

A bit off-topic..
I can't play online. Is that the point? Or am I glitched? - Just as my friend is too..
Do I have to buy the game in order to play online?

"I can't play online. Is that the point? Or am I glitched? - Just as my friend is too..
Do I have to buy the game in order to play online?"

I'm pretty sure you can go online on the Demo.

"I can't play online. Is that the point? Or am I glitched? - Just as my friend is too..
Do I have to buy the game in order to play online?"

Judging from your last sentence, I'm guessing you got a cracked version.
And yes you have to buy it to play online.

I didn't even read that.

Rofl. What a joke.

Nay sir. I didn't download the cracked version. I did look it up though, but saw I had to set up a VPN connection. And I couldn't bother with it.
So I decided to throw a ticket onto the forum here.

7.10 might well fully resolve this problem -- we think we have identified the source of the issue and stamped it out -- but we won't put it in the patch notes until we know for certain in release. Anyhow, one of our guys will be in touch with you shortly Randmer to aid in recovery.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Wow, that's some pretty awesome service. I lost some mana (maybe about 1.5 mill), but nothing nearly as traumatic as what these guys have gone through. I'll be fine, but wow I'll keep the recovery idea in mind.

I think I did lose one of the Worst Godly Sicarius' ever. Like attack 30 and 24 levels. I was going to keep it for hahas.

Thanks a lot. One thing you guys should understand is that the vast majority of your playerbase are casual players (unlike what you might think by looking at the most active forum posters only), and those are hurt terribly when losing progress. I personally know a guy who'd actually thrown his laptop through the window when he'd found that his Oblivion save file became corrupt after he invested, like, half a year (though not that many actual hours, as he's a very busy person in RL) in that one.

As such, any data loss issues should be the numero uno, i.e., totally blocking. If I'll be able to assist in any way in solving this issue and/or testing the fix, please let me know.

Thanks a lot. One thing you guys should understand is that the vast majority of your playerbase are casual players (unlike what you might think by looking at the most active forum posters only), and those are hurt terribly when losing progress. I personally know a guy who'd actually thrown his laptop through the window when he'd found that his Oblivion save file became corrupt after he invested, like, half a year (though not that many actual hours, as he's a very busy person in RL) in that one.

As such, any data loss issues should be the numero uno, i.e., totally blocking. If I'll be able to assist in any way in solving this issue and/or testing the fix, please let me know.

Thats a little excessive XD

But on a serious note, this happened to a friend of mine, he lost about 20 levels. Hope it gets fixed...

Thats a little excessive XD

That's the problem with playing casually, as opposed to full-time. You invest what free time you can scrape - sometimes as little as 15 minutes every other day or so - to have some online fun, after a day of hard work, after all household chores are done, after children are in bed, etc, etc. So you make, perhaps, relatively little progress - by hardcore's crowd standards - and when that time goes out the window - oh, it does hurt...

Just to put things into perspective: I'd actively played Diablo 2 + LoD for more than two years, and only got one hardcore char to lvl 82 or so. A friend of mine used to powerlevel and sell b.net chars at a rate of ~ two lvl 85 chars per week (granted, they weren't hardcore, but still). I'd played Tabula Rasa from day one, and by the time it was closing down, I didn't have a single level-capped char, while the first person to have all eight classes maxed did so ~ 1.5 months after the launch. That's the disparity between casual and hardcore gamers, that's what my post's about.

I have a problem after every update where my saving becomes broken. Look up my post.. but basically I revalidate the game files after every update and it always finds 1 corrupted file which has to be reacquired. I wish it would say which one so I could point it out to the devs.

Anywho my save get broke after every patch until i do this. So try that out. I know your frustrated, I think ive lost about 12 hours worth of game due to this.

I can power level your squire if needed, don't mind helping out ;)