general LoL chat / discussion

So i'm a little behind on the OP Bear dude. Hear he was wild while he lasted.

Who wants to catch me up on the details :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

volibear is basically an everything in one package kind of deal

he has literally no weak point in the game, he's absolutely BRUTAL in lane phase, tapering off to wtfnerf at endgame

his initiation skill is basically a toggle speed boost (it's basically like yi's ulti, but it isn't an ulti). when he gets up to you (which he will, guaranteed), he activates a weaker version of singed's "fling" skill (combo knockup and toss behind)

basically what this means is, that you can't escape from him, and then he flings you into his allies where you die

that's his initiation.

he has a brutal nuke that if i understand it correctly is full 360 degree AoE centered on himself, with decent range (can be avoided, but it difficult. it's impossible to avoid if he combos the fling into his nuke). this nuke takes a MASSIVE chunk of my leona's health when she has full resists, and 1shots her during laning

next, we have his ulti. it's an activated skill that gives him a buff that makes his auto-attacks send out chain lightning that hits everything nearby for decent damage. would be balanced if it wasn't triggered by auto-attacks

he also has a combo passive/active skill, which passively increases his attack speed with auto-attack hits and when activated nukes the target for physical damage (higher base than most nukes) plus 20% of his bonus health. considering every volibear is built with mass health (since health synergizes with multiple aspects of his kit)....

finally, his passive. basically just invulnerability every couple minutes

he fills all the following roles with a single build:

- AP nuker (360 degree roar)
- AD nuker (physical bite)
- tank (insane health due to synergy with passive and AD nuke)
- carry (he can easily solo a lane against multiple enemies of any hero)
- CC (his toss)

I agree with everything aside from an AP nuke, its relatively useless(aside from the amazing slow) unless you are the AD carry, in which for his Roar to do damage it would be pretty late game, and by then a good AD carry would have at least a B-vail, Don't forget to mention he can tower dive with this roar because of a 3 second fear to minions and the slow.

You harass him you try to take him out, all he has to do is make sure your last hit on him brings him near 29% health then BOOM you just healed him to 50-60% and you can't do anything about it. Frenzy, one of the most powerful non ulti moves I think I've seen aside from perhaps a Cait Q or Graves Q ouch Based of a Flat rate + his % of HP + Missing % of enemy, seriously if they have 4 bars of HP, might as well be dead, Frenzy is basically a Garen Ulti, alongside with an (Uneeded) atk speed buff.

Yi Ulti? no but he will keep you the f**k away from him in fear he will charge his giant polar bear armored *** at you and fling combo slow, auto attack and bite you to death......solo.....Only real ways to shut him out, is to magically deny him with a Champ, constant and EFFECTIVE ganks, or just 2v1 his ***, even if you have to lose Dragon control it's not worth letting the Volibear get fed. I was in a 2v2 Lane with him (First game) my friend was Talon, (not so good) VS Cait and Morg, they shut me down pretty hard Mage Support and Farthest Range AD carry, once I hit 8ish though......built a Heart of Gold, Phage, and merc tread......I charged in their Flashed over Dark binding Fling Cait slowed Ulti auto about 3 times bite to kill her and run out safely. that is INSANE. When he gets nerfed, it WILL be too much because the kit doesn't work together without being too strong.

I like his idea, just a too strong, and hes the perfect duelist.

Other than that, Leagues been going well, we should play sometime :p

Thats why i prefer dota heroes more.
These LoL developers always make champions wich have everything, including atleast 1 stun and the spells
are always a combo from other champs, nothing cool.. :[

every dota2 champ i've played so far has been pretty much completely op in their own way.

lina can global any1 she catches with her pillar
zeus can pretty much kill any1 at half hp with 2x ult lol
juggernaut gcd kills champs 1v1 or 1v2

etc etc

I tried out the Bear in jungle, it was pretty fun. Not sure exactly how I feel about the new jungle, though. I hear the LoL community was raging about it.

every dota2 champ i've played so far has been pretty much completely op in their own way.

lina can global any1 she catches with her pillar
zeus can pretty much kill any1 at half hp with 2x ult lol
juggernaut gcd kills champs 1v1 or 1v2

etc etc
i plan on buying dota2 when it gets released

I tried out the Bear in jungle, it was pretty fun. Not sure exactly how I feel about the new jungle, though. I hear the LoL community was raging about it.
the LoL community rages about everything

that being said, the new jungle feels buggy

New fish guy eats the bear... you just get high AP and use skill one and 2 over and over... use the 3rd one to escape and the bear can get ya too bad ;) I did that all last night!

Isn't dota 2 going to be free to play? I am sure i heared somewhere it was going to be free to play.

i dont get this, and it's pissing me off

the more i lose, the more skilled my opponents get.

i thought low elo = lower skill level?

i've felt sorta like that too, the other day i had nothing but bad teammates but my opponents were really skilled, lost at least 5 in a row.

gotta luv them 20 minute surrenders, too bad as well, the game only woulda lasted a couple minutes longer :(

edit: what should i play next lol, ryze poops on free week swains and leblancs xD

kumiho is coming : D

sounds like a hybrid ez/akali tho, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as i enjoy playing ez. that being said, this whole "gotta be close up to do damage" thing is probably going to make her really weak in the current environment of normal games

kumiho is coming : D

sounds like a hybrid ez/akali tho, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as i enjoy playing ez. that being said, this whole "gotta be close up to do damage" thing is probably going to make her really weak in the current environment of normal games

Popular LoL player quote: "Akali 2.0" I hope she is close to Akali's level of burst if fed and has a "better" escape IE a Dash(Outside her ulti) or a movement buff. I love Akali, waiting on new Skin to go on sale in about 3 months >.>. Look at akali, Melee AP burst, she is AMAZING if played right and in a good lane, and when she is fed......oh ho ho ho Ganks everyone always ending in a kill, hopefully she scales as hard as Akali, we should play(everyones) XD

Well, Akali is overpowered.

Ridiculous burst before even acquiring fed levels.

Obnoxious stealth pool for protection, even gives 50 armor/MR in case of oracles.

Ridiculous self-healing for added survival and longevity.

Thank GOD she has no CC... But she is the best at her role of assassin-carry. This game does not need another one of her...

She's not over-powered, easily shutdown, if you don't try running at her stupidly. When she builds her Revovlers play smart, smart exhausts, smart ignites etc, make sure when you are fighting her to have a STUN. If you have a jungler which you should, make sure they keep akali in check, she is very easily shutdown.

akali has an amazing early game, but she falls off very quickly late game. especially if she doesn't get fed

kumiho is likely going to have burst similar to leblanc and mobility like ezreal. the range thing is probably going to make her relatively weak in teamfights, but she'll probably be OP as hell in duels

She's not over-powered, easily shutdown, if you don't try running at her stupidly. When she builds her Revovlers play smart, smart exhausts, smart ignites etc, make sure when you are fighting her to have a STUN. If you have a jungler which you should, make sure they keep akali in check, she is very easily shutdown.

Weak argument. You can say that about absolutely any character.

Except Olaf.

Weak argument. You can say that about absolutely any character.

Except Olaf.
"play smart" is a weak argument?

or did you say that in reference to shutting them down early? cause alot of champs don't need items to be viable at 30min+

The argument to just Exhaust/CC any sort of damage-dealing character.

This implies nobody in the game is overpowered, except possibly Olaf.

But yes, "play smart" is a weak argument anyway, because the enemies can also play smart, and now we revert back to the simple facts that some characters are just mathematically and strategically better than others.

if you want to talk about champs that are more strategically prepped for lol, look at all the new champions compared to the old ones. Fizz does ridiculous damage at low levels, so does Riven, so does Voli (even if tanky), hell even Yorick has his moments.
all these new champs are upstaging the old ones because they get fed earlier due to their bursty nature, even if theyre made to be a carry (cough graves).

prime example, take ryze, he's a great champion if he's fed, but getting ryze fed early game is not an easy feat, he's uber weak, and easy as hell to gank 1v2 due to his squishy nature (since he wouldnt have his tanky items yet).

or how about mundo, he's a bruiser with no stun, and only 1 skillshot slow, with no initiating tools other than becoming a giant HP wall and popping your ult, which can be countered by ignite which most average LoL players use.