So, my idea is to have a jackpot system (or call it bonus) to be able to make getting mana easier and it would make a lot of sense. First the jackpot would get money from items that disappear meaning that if you don't use the mana on the ground (like you can't pick it up fast enough) or can't pick up items on the ground that will disappear at some point if to many get dropped (this would also help stop people from taking item because it will just disappear anyway) and add it to a jackpot that get divided evenly to every one and the end of the wave ( or map, incentive to stay). Having it like this would make it a little to easy to get mana so I would also say to have it be on a ratio scale. If you are playing by yourself for every four mana that disappears then 1 mana should be put into the jackpot. However, if you are playing with a full team of four other people then the mana put in would be on a 1:1 ratio. I really do think this would be a good idea and make playing with more people more encouraged. Any thought on this would be nice.

Agreed, though I was half expecting you to suggest the obvious enhancement to this idea.

Namely, that the accumulated mana pool from this 'Jackpot Loot' is awarded randomly to one player in the team, as opposed to being shared. The odds on winning it being adjusted according to how much loot your characters have already picked up off the floor.

So, in other words if you come on with a low level character and have already benefitted by picking up several useful loot items during the game then you stand less chance of winning the 'Jackpot Bonus' at the end.

Of course i can see a number of problems with this idea in terms of expliots.