This begs to be said...

Is there any real reason Trendy thought it was a good idea to release the content as DLC form?

If I'm aware (which, correct me if I'm wrong), steam has a tools section where things like SDKs and server software are usually found.

The problem with it being released as DLC? If you, out of interest, clicked on "download" for that SDK, you're screwed. Steam will take the fact that it's DLC and treat it like an expansion of sorts, and not let you start dungeon defenders until your 2.5GB download is done.

And in this form , that can never be uninstalled while keeping dungeon defenders installed , it becomes a whole-deal package the moment you start downloading the said DLC.

And in this form , that can never be uninstalled while keeping dungeon defenders installed , it becomes a whole-deal package the moment you start downloading the said DLC.

I hadn't even considered that, and it just makes this oversight all the more annoying.

yep it's pretty annoying. Clicked install thinking it would just add itself to the tools section or w/e, but didn't think it would be an extra 2,5gb I won't be using that is now required to be used whenever I want to play or install Dungeon Defenders.

You can? Useful for some i suppose...
Should be DunDefHeroes.dun and DunDefHeroes.dun.bak in your steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Win32 folder that contains your open characters

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...