Is this bannable on ranked??

My friend found a way to edit the game files (I think) so that the game speed is either increased or decreased. this makes heroes shoot faster, move faster, ect. It also make enemies move and shoot faster. It increases the speed of everything in the game. He has been doing this on local, and he insists that this isn't cheating. I want to make sure before I play in a game that he is hosting, because I do not want to be banned.

Would be awesome if I could get a dev to respond.

aehm, is that a serious question? read what you just wrote, and tell me, thats not cheating/hacking/whatever

but i am pretty sure, if you would play a game with him including changed speed, that only he is the one getting banned, since you are a mere unmodded client. you just receive and interpret the package the server sends you...

i hope, he uses ch***en**** for this, since thats one of its functions and will result in a ban for him about 100% (at least i hope that)

I would assume so. There is cheats for other games that do this it basically causes your pc to think its lagging and it speeds up everything to compensate its basically how people speed hack etc in other games. I dont think it would be done with altering game files though.

That's certainly not bannable at all on Local play, in fact the DDDK should enable you to easily do that. However, if he has found some way to do this on Ranked, we'd love to know about it. We wouldn't immediately ban anyone for it since it'd be a security hole of our own (if it's a security hole of our own), but we would plug it up. Please let us know if he's actually done this in RANKED play, and if so, how :)

-Jer

I was telling him that, but he refused to believe me, insisting that "its not cheating because it doesn't give you an advantage", so I posted on here so when I argue with him next time, I have proof.

Haha Dave reread it before you so rudely respond I don't think you understand what he wrote. Ape everything is a go on open and local. This would most likely result in a ban on ranked for the simple fact that it is modifying the game files (which you can do no matter what the reasoning is on ranked). Speeding up everything I don't think would really be considering cheating since its not making anything easier or harder(emm maybe harder with that extra ninja speed /fear) but would be a nice feature to be added as an option. Don't think it will be as it makes everything happen to fast and youd get bored faster,