sick of steam, whyyyyyy

ok so i wanted to play dundef, i had to redownload the game for the last patch, then i picked install on the mod and ctf dlc and then suddenly the game is redownloading itself AGAIN. i cannot be bothered to download 2.5 gigs everytime there is a patch, has anybody got a fix? before i play a bunch of other games and leave dundef on update paused. tried verifying cache but it gets to 100% and steam locks up and makes ping noises until i forcequit it.

i have the 100% verify thing on tf2 everytime it crashes.
Just let it run through , itll take about 10 mins but afterwards itll be okay.

Well technically it is the game reloading, just not including the combinations of the stuff contained, just the materials, sounds, bosses, enemies and such.

i have the same problem too. ok, the download is the source files, but it won't let you play till its finished downloading the mod kit anyway so that still sucks.

Nope. I already made a suggestion to separate the Development Kit and list it as a tool instead of a DLC, so it can be (un)installed separately.

can't cancel it... you need to have your game running before you click install, then don't ever ever close it till the download is done :P

wait i dont want a 2.5gig toolkit that i will probably never use, so now what do? delete dundef and reinstall?

looks like i'm gonna play freelancer/sc2/oblivion/tf2 instead....

...but must upgrade vw.....

Only took me about 20min to download it.

if you are getting a lower download speed than you normal get, try switching your download region.

If you already at you max download speed, sorry, you will just have to wait :-/

If you redownload it, it will automatically download the Development Kit too. Since it's listed as a DLC for Steam it must be present if you own it. If it would be listed as a tool it could be installed separate from the game.

that sounds like a no brainer but meh, i mean i imagine the tools are a seperate program, but its been attached to dlc, oh well... wish i hadn't clicked it now :( already got a slew of stuff to download and i share this connection with housemates. no more dundef for me this weekend :(

that sounds like a no brainer but meh, i mean i imagine the tools are a seperate program, but its been attached to dlc, oh well... wish i hadn't clicked it now :( already got a slew of stuff to download and i share this connection with housemates. no more dundef for me this weekend :(

Same here :/