• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no information about the EU PSN release? Is it even coming. Because if it's comfirmed that it aint coming, than please tell me..... than i don't have to check any more .....

[QUOTE]The simple truth is, patching Console is very time consuming and expensive. As an Indie company we get 1 free patch. Then it's something like $10,000 a patch. We can NOT support console like we can PC. If we want to patch Steam... we can do it within a few hours for free. If we want to Patch Console, we have to fork over a large sum of money, go through the submission process, see if we are approved, then make it available.

But don't worry, we are submitting our DLC to Microsoft today or tomorrow, so I think you'll see it by the end of the month. We would love to put our patch into the DLC as part of the download, but that would put DLC owners and non-DLC owners in different versions of the game. We are not permitted to do that.

As far as support goes in general, I have these Console Events that I've been running every Thursday and Friday on my own time in an attempt to show console support. The employees that help me volunteer their time to it. We can't hit as many people with these events because they must be done manually. But we still hit a few hundred a week.

I understand and appreciate your concern, please bare with us, the DLC is coming!

Thanks,
JDanford
[/QUOTE]

I would like a little more info now. this post was made a while, while back. About a week, week 1/2 ago another Trendy employee made the statement again that the new DLC was submitted. Now, for the third time, in the 1st of december dundef digest thread, another statement about the first part of the quest for the lost eternia shards DLC has been submitted, stated as follows.

[QUOTE]And wait... there's stuff for console players this week too??? We've submitted the first part of The Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards to consoles and anticipate a release for it this year across console and PC![/QUOTE]

This statement leads me to believe that it was JUST NOW submitted. Ever since that first statement quoted at the top of my post i had been checking Xbox Live addons to see if the DLC was put up, and have been doing this daily. I understood that the submission process might be slow (on microsofts end) but have i seriously been wasting my time just to find it wasn't actually submitted until yesterday?

The information i would like right now is the exact date the new DLC was officially in microsofts hands. With this information, i would feel more secure that the DLC has ACTUALLY been submitted (not that Trendy are liars, but A LOT of things are very unclear in what they say).

Thanks

It says submitted so that means sometime in the past. It could be yesterday but that was not specified. It would not matter to me as long as we get it at the same time the PC does.

I would like to have an update about the EU-PSN-release. I dont think that there is a date set yet, but someone with the proper authority could at least give an update about the process.

What I dont understand is, that all other platforms, even the european platforms can play the game. And since Sony released the game in the US-area there can't be so many big problems. I'm no expert of the release terms of Sony, and I dont think that Trendy isnt interested in a EU-release since there are new customers, but shouldn't there be some progress?

All I want is some Info, so that I dont have to waste my christmas wishes on boring games to fill the time untill the release^^

I hope they take advantage of posting what they plan to patch before they release it. Atleast if something was overlooked we could give a heads up or they could say that they are still working on it. I understand consoles will always be behind pc, I'd just like to have an estimate of change I suppose. I'm on the fence between getting this for pc and holding tight for a patch. However, it would be beyond frustrating to finally get an update and realize something was omitted or worse, forgotten.

"Still going through the last steps of certification... at this point we're just dealing with some last issues regarding the purchase system and a few last details.

I'm sure a lot of you keep on coming here and it must be a bit frustrating to get the 'almost there' response so often, but believe me when I say not even we would have anticipated it would take us this long. Obviously this won't happen with our future titles (this is our first PS3 game).

Andres will post as soon as we're finally finished"

This is taken from a forum for the upcoming game Rock of Ages. Its an indie game from a small team working on their first PSN title.
They have had a few problems which I'm sure you at Trendy can sympahise with. The release date has been put back after what was already a long delay.
Yet they keep everybody informed as often as possible about where they stand.
Because of this their forums are not full of angry customers growing more and more irate due to a lack of communication.

I'm sure deep down everybody understands you are working really hard, and they would wish you all the luck in the world with this project.
The simple fact is the only reason anybody has ever found themselves on these forums is because, at some point, they have seen your game and been hugely impressed with how good it looks.
All myself and everybody else in the EU looking forward to playing this game ask is, can you please show the same understanding, and maybe post an update on the EU release for the PSN?
The problems you have encountered are not the reason for everybody's anger on these forums, its the fact you are not being as courteous as other developers that is so frustrating.

XBox - I downloaded the Dungeon Defenders game through the buying of Microsoft Points. Everytime i go to play the game it continuousley says the disc is unreadable. Obviousley the game dosnt even require a disc so im not sure why this is happening. I contacted xbox support and we tried re dowloading and deleting it several times. Since they were unable to fix it they told me to contact Trendy Entertainment. Im guessing it was just a bad download but i would like to play this game seeing as i have already paid for it..

Where the hell is the PSN EU release!?!?!?

Maybe one day Gerke we'll be able to make our own games. Giving us every right to be impolite, discourteous, disrespectful, impertinent, tactless *** holes.
No longer bogged down in life by the ideal that when somebody asks you a perfectly reasonable and polite question, you should feel obliged to answer them.
In fact I might get started early, when my wife asks me when I intend to set off and pick the kids up from school, I'll happily walk straight past her without a word. Maybe even spit on her!
God bless you Trendy boys, you truly are pioneers.

Maybe one day Gerke we'll be able to make our own games. Giving us every right to be impolite, discourteous, disrespectful, impertinent, tactless *** holes.
No longer bogged down in life by the ideal that when somebody asks you a perfectly reasonable and polite question, you should feel obliged to answer them.
In fact I might get started early, when my wife asks me when I intend to set off and pick the kids up from school, I'll happily walk straight past her without a word. Maybe even spit on her!
God bless you Trendy boys, you truly are pioneers.

I actually asked it enought times in a nice way i think! But i never get a clear answer. Every time i get the same answer about laws and stuff. But how come than that it is on the xbox360 in EU?
I'm a bit pissed that we don't get any info......

Meh, I'm at the point where I'd almost rather go back to paying a subscription fee and listen to ActiBlizzard's BS every, well, day, than bother with being a console DunDef player. I snagged the Steam copy while it was 75% off recently, but I haven't been able to work myself up enough to actually play it. :(

Meh, I'm at the point where I'd almost rather go back to paying a subscription fee and listen to ActiBlizzard's BS every, well, day, than bother with being a console DunDef player. I snagged the Steam copy while it was 75% off recently, but I haven't been able to work myself up enough to actually play it. :(

More than understandable. I picked it up myself in the steam sale, not wanting to miss the opportunity for a bargain, but I've never started it up.
The fact is the main reason I was looking forward to the game so much, is that it looked perfect for playing with friends, friends that are all on my PlayStation friends list.
Now i find it hard to muster up any kind of interest for this game.
Mainly because of the wait we've had to endure in Europe as PlayStation players. But also because of the fact that the developers obviously couldn't care less about us.
The disdain the developers have shown towards so many potential customers by repeatedly ignoring their requests for information is beyond belief.
Surely an update being made as often as your DunDef digest, if not more often, it not too much to ask?
The lack of professionalism shown by Trendy goes far beyond that of any other developer. Their PR are simply non existent.
Why would anybody at this point want to support such a company?

XBOX 360 dlc?

Is it delayed or not coming anymore? its almost noon on the release day with no additional info and nothing on the marketplace

DD is available to the Aussie PS Store (and probably the 360 store). I feel like playing Vanilla DD so why not? I can beat UMF on the computer (I'm only that far in), Vanilla it up on Console. Sounds good.

xbox 360 dlc

So I waited all day yesterday to download the new stuff and when I finally did, I could not access any new levels, and did not see anything new. Are others having this problem? I ended up downloading a second time, but still no new content.

Any ideas?

I am in Australia and I just bought DD now that it is finally available. The first thing I noticed though is there is no DLCs which I found odd as they are available everywhere else. Then I thought to myself "will the DLCs that were available for free, but aren't now due to the events being over, be available to us for free for a limited time so we don't miss out?". Then the other thing I thought was "why isn't at least the christmas DLCS available?"

Anyway just wondering these things as I have always wanted to use it on the ps3 rather then the pc as I find it far more social able when playing with family and I hope that just because of Sony holding you back that I don't miss it on these bonuses that others got.

I am in Australia and I just bought DD now that it is finally available. The first thing I noticed though is there is no DLCs which I found odd as they are available everywhere else. Then I thought to myself "will the DLCs that were available for free, but aren't now due to the events being over, be available to us for free for a limited time so we don't miss out?". Then the other thing I thought was "why isn't at least the christmas DLCS available?"

Anyway just wondering these things as I have always wanted to use it on the ps3 rather then the pc as I find it far more social able when playing with family and I hope that just because of Sony holding you back that I don't miss it on these bonuses that others got.

We were never going to get the Christmas bonus. It's sad that all other countries bar the US had to wait until now, but the event stuff has come and gone nearly. You can try and do the events from now until the end, they are not DLC though. The first DLC for you guys is coming soon I think I heard.

We were never going to get the Christmas bonus. It's sad that all other countries bar the US had to wait until now, but the event stuff has come and gone nearly. You can try and do the events from now until the end, they are not DLC though. The first DLC for you guys is coming soon I think I heard.

Is this for the EU PSN asswell? Or will that be delayed again?

Is this for the EU PSN asswell? Or will that be delayed again?

Not really sure what your trying to ask here. The DLC for the EU will be coming soon I think.