Will Trendy be stepping back now that the dev kit is being released?

You know, it's cool that you guys are releasing the full source of the game, a bunch of editing tools, and all the raw resource files and all... But it also seems a little bit scary.

Once the modding community gets up and running, are you guys going to just step back and be like "OK, you guys can take it from here" and then we'll never see any more cool DLC or patches from you?

The idea is kinda silly, but I'd really like some re-assurance. I don't really plan to get too into the whole modding thing, and I like "official" content.

I know there's an expansion coming out, and some holiday events hopefully, but at what point do you think the game's "official content" lifecycle will expire and it'll be relying more on "fan created content"?

No, they have characters in the works to be brought out, and they'll be doing events. They have an expansion coming out in 2 weeks with new everything including level cap increase, to go with the next char.

No, they have characters in the works to be brought out, and they'll be doing events. They have an expansion coming out in 2 weeks with new everything including level cap increase, to go with the next char.

I know about all that. Those things have been announced for weeks. But after that, I'm worried they'll pretty much stop adding things.

Like, what kind of lifecycle do they have in mind for "official content" vs "fan created content"?

It's looking like: Barbarian circa mid-November with Quest for the Lost Eternia Crystals 1, and Series EV in December. And from there goal is one new hero per month pretty much every month afterwards.

-Jer

Now they don't have to.

Im sure they'll have holiday events for Ranked then Open like they did for Halloween.

Its already been said though that popular/extremely good Mods/Maps have a chance of being added to the core game, ones that Trendy likes of course..

But yeah, basically we get to do the work they either dont want to do or dont have time to do, which is perfectly fine to me as long as someone doesnt create a female squire thats wearing a thong instead of boxers(Seriously Trendy the whole boxers thing was a bit much..)

Anyway as i was saying, im sure Trendy will continue adding new content, probably mainly around Holidays i would imagine, but most Devs do that anyway so its not surprising.

As long as they add new maps,classes and Especially BOSSES ill be happy, ive always prefered Dev content over Player created stuff though..

You know, it's cool that you guys are releasing the full source of the game, a bunch of editing tools, and all the raw resource files and all... But it also seems a little bit scary.

Once the modding community gets up and running, are you guys going to just step back and be like "OK, you guys can take it from here" and then we'll never see any more cool DLC or patches from you?

The idea is kinda silly, but I'd really like some re-assurance. I don't really plan to get too into the whole modding thing, and I like "official" content.

I know there's an expansion coming out, and some holiday events hopefully, but at what point do you think the game's "official content" lifecycle will expire and it'll be relying more on "fan created content"?

Yeah, maybe they'll stop needing to make money suddenly, and just all retire to their yachts.

They'll carry on making material for the ranked players, at the very least. So I don't think they'll step back - not everybody wants to play in open with all the modded characters/weapons other people will have, but the modded conrtent can't be used in ranked unless trendy adopt it.