What stats is the game balanced on?

Balancing and nerfing and everything seems to be the most common topics on the forums, but one thing I don't think anyone knows is, what stats is everything balanced on? What i mean is, are we saying huntresses are OP because they have 200 in hero attack? 100? just the gun they use? Since this is an rpg where people can many different ways to customize their stats, isn't it a good idea to know if things are op because someone has high skills, or the base stats of something.

When the level cap is raised and we have more points to spend, is everything going to be made weaker because our characters are able to become stronger?

hmm now you mention it. I think those diminishing return isn't doing it job o.0

insane challenge get farm like there is no tomorrow and everyone and their mom has max mana and max out upgrades.

and when TE nerf something, people tend to test it on dummy and not showing how they 1 shot an ogre on insane. Hypocrisy at his highest level

well, the Sicarius was nerfed after being shoved into the dummy and found to do 100k+ dps point blank. . . After a number of threads of people wondering what TE was smoking when they did that they reversed the nerf. So yeah, I'd say balance is currently based around the dps dummy.

I'd guess they just take a level 70 character with no gear and maxed attack and see what they do to gauge overall DPS effectiveness. If they feel the damage is too high there, obviously anything above that also would be.

I kind of think having dummies showing our dps was a bad thing to include into the game.

I actually thought having a "DPS Dummy" in a Tower Defence/RPG hybrid was a clever pun. It seems the joke was on me.

It would seem that they nerf based on dummy DPS and the best gear that you can possibly have, after spending hours and hours grinding for perfect equipment... forgetting that the vast majority don't have anything remotely like that.

It would seem that they nerf based on dummy DPS and the best gear that you can possibly have, after spending hours and hours grinding for perfect equipment... forgetting that the vast majority don't have anything remotely like that.

Agree. We are the 99.5%! :D