Cheap way to get Gryphon & Hawk pets?

I'm trying to collect all the pets to get the achievement done (Once they fix it). The last three pets I need at the moment are the gryphon, hawk and Monk animus. In my shop are a gryphon and hawk, but combined they're 2.8 million mana. I'm wondering if I should buy these, do the survival waves on the appropriate levels, or try and find a cheaper way to get them. Any recommendations? Also, here's a screenshot...is the last pet a hawk? It looks like an owl to me but I just wanted to make sure.

Do fast campaign maps or Assault on low difficulty. Gryphon and hawk pop up in the shop pretty often.

The left looks like a gryph and the right one looks like a Hawk. Check their attacks, that's usually a dead give away. Gryphs attack with lightning, hawks swoop for generic damage.

Also, happy hunting for a monk animus.

Hawks are really common. If you steamroll a couple normal assaults without locking pets in the shop, you should get one in no time and they can come VERY cheap (if you just want it to collect, not to use, I've seen them <10k easy). Griffons tend to be a little pricier, though they definitely come cheaper than that - and if you want to save yourself the cash, you can get them from doing the first level on survival, which isn't too rough a map.

Also, happy hunting for a monk animus.

I wasn't looking forward to that. Especially with the VW nerfs to Huntress, none of my friends will be able to kill the dragon on insane while I defend the base. Any tips on beating it? I used to use a mix of Apprentice/Squire/Monk towers. I was thinking of using traps and auras instead so the dragon can't destroy them.

Gryphon you can get from Deeper Well Survival on easy - Which is a cake walk for anyone that is level 40+ :P

That's what I ended up doing. It's not that it's difficult, it's just I've been doing a ton of survival lately for achievements and getting other pets...it's so terribly boring.

I wasn't looking forward to that. Especially with the VW nerfs to Huntress, none of my friends will be able to kill the dragon on insane while I defend the base. Any tips on beating it? I used to use a mix of Apprentice/Squire/Monk towers. I was thinking of using traps and auras instead so the dragon can't destroy them.

People beat insane summit before the VW altogether, and can now. A solid build with apprentice/squire/monk towers can still hold out long enough (especially with someone defending).

A solid tip to greatly slow down the dragon's destruction of your defenses is firstly - make sure you don't die. Fireballs will target you then, and unlike towers, you can dodge. Secondly, hide a handful of magic barriers along the walls of the map, the fireballs target the closest structures/players, and these can soak a lot of damage away from more expensive structures, as well as when he moves around the map, the next set will give you buffer time even if one set goes down to keep the important towers up. Just make sure you're not dropping them in range of flamebreath, as that'll just wipe them out if he uses it without achieving much of their purpose.