[OFFICIAL] CTF - Pvp Map Discussion and FEEDBACK

CTF ^_^

I been thinking... what if some of us (me for example) got my weapon upgrade toward my tower stats instead of hero stats, will the game allow us a free weapon respec in the pvp area?

I'm thinking more like a copy service where we get to copy our character of choice from the pve realm to a pvp realm so we don't have to respec all the time (farming and pvping)

No. There are no realms, its just a map and what you bring in effects your stats and damage. No respecs or the sort!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. There are no realms, its just a map and what you bring in effects your stats and damage. No respecs or the sort!
ah ic. How about those spec their weapons like High 5 or VW to be tower spec. Are those people basically screw because of the no weapon respec for the new pvp mode?

ah ic. How about those spec their weapons like High 5 or VW to be tower spec. Are those people basically screw because of the no weapon respec for the new pvp mode?

They make a new weapon? I have a set of both for my toons. Its bot too hard to do atm!

They make a new weapon? I have a set of both for my toons. Its bot too hard to do atm!
Took me 4 hours to get the VW for my huntress but i don't mind having other one. Care to trade me one of yours since mind is messed up in the stats distribution department : )

ps. And a high 5 will do just fine too

Will there be prizes?

Yes...

THE GLORY OF DEFEATING YOUR WEAKER PEERS WITH A SWIFT AND DEADLY BLOW...

I think after alpha there will be some. They hinted at dedicated servers for pvp so yea ;(

I got a question for those alpha test.

What are the pro and cons when it come to hero spec vs tower spec in CTF?

Will there be prizes?

I got this response from one of J trendy employees when I asked a similar question"

[QUOTE]Yeah there are rewards for competing -- and winning -- in PvP. No new achievements yet, as it's still in Pre-Alpha (that's what you'll be helping us test ), but once it's finalized, for sure we'll have Achievements.

-Jer[/QUOTE]

Yes...

THE GLORY OF DEFEATING YOUR WEAKER PEERS WITH A SWIFT AND DEADLY BLOW...

I think after alpha there will be some. They hinted at dedicated servers for pvp so yea ;(

Winning team currently earns some XP and Mana, more depending on the size of the opposing team. Later when the mode is closer to being finished we'll have it give out items and such to the winners.

-Jer

Winning team currently earns some XP and Mana, more depending on the size of the opposing team. Later when the mode is closer to being finished we'll have it give out items and such to the winners.

-Jer

Cool :) any update on when today the CTF map should be going live (I see DD is just updating as I speak)?

It just don't feel right playing with those maxed pve gears that this game has to offer and then asking what kind of reward we get in pvp o.o

What the game should do is make everyone play on default gear (fixed stats) in pvp and reward us with decent to rare gears as we progress. Take it slow and easy but if you guys want to allow pve character in pvp, that's fine too. Just let see how it will turn out.

I know for one its going to be bad and to worst.

I know for one its going to be bad and to worst.

Dude, are you ever positive about things? when i see you post, its always saying "oh thats gonna be bad" or "Stop QQing" etc etc.
Say somthing nice or nothing at all. And thats why its called an ALPHA, to test it, to make it balanced, try new things with it..... You have no brains, and no kindness.

i been playing this Map for a while and Squires needs a Nerf because they have over 30k hp and everyone else only has around 2k. 1 squire can hold the flag and solo everyone off. no one can pull enough Dps to kill a squire unless u group up on him but most of the time the squires are in groups so it makes it extremely hard to counter. it would be in your best interest to play mainly Squire in CTF but there wouldnt be as much fun when ur favorite class is a huntress or monk or if u dont have a high lvl squire at all so IMO please knock down the squires HP
oh and playing app is completely useless my towers are getting 1 shot with over 120 hp spec'd in turrets

Say somthing nice or nothing at all. And thats why its called an ALPHA, to test it, to make it balanced, try new things with it..... You have no brains, and no kindness.

Dude everyone has they're own opinion and they are entitled to what they want to say
if he doesnt like it he can say it not everyone likes what you like

Dude, are you ever positive about things? when i see you post, its always saying "oh thats gonna be bad" or "Stop QQing" etc etc.
I just prove you wrong. Everyone is complaning already about huntress being op in ctf. I can't wait to see how TE going to balance it.

and my prediction score a hit! you just need some common sense.

Ok i just test out the CTF and i'm very dissapointed. Glad it still alpha but here is some of my finding and feedback.

1. Pitting pve char with max out set is a very bad idea. Huntress and squire hero spec pretty much just 1 hit you.

2. My tower spec squire doing 60 dmg vs their 24k. Harpoon travel speed is patheticlly slow. They just zig zag toward and 1 hit me. Its disheartening. Wake up those aren't dumb monsters we use to farm.

3. Traps still not working

4. The game i'm hosting is full of huntress now after i kicked 2 really op squire out cos they're pretty much 1 hitting everyone.

I like the Skeleton on the treadmill :D Nice touch!

To see it, go here (snowman with x-ray specs):

Then jump off the cliff and look under the ledge:

Hello everyone, :)

I tested the map today. It's fun but I feel "temporary balance" is not actually "balance".

+Huntress has only 2500 HP while they can shoot like 500(blasticus) to 1000 (crystal tracker). It's ok, no problem.

+Our problem is when a ranged monk come with....10k HP (~5 times) and shoot 1k each with his 1600dmg Nos. He shoots 5 shot at once so basically no real way to avoid all the projectile, a monk can 2-shot poor 2k huntress. The 2 of them have the same dmg but one has 2k and the other has ...5 times that amount? That's not even imbalance, it's overpower.

+And then a squire joins, having....30k HP (wtf?).

Host is always going to win.. host doesnt suffer from lag... everyone else does.

Also, players spawn to close to each other, and mages buildings shooting through walls is lame.

A little rant...

Its a mistake allowing max out gear pve characters in CTF. Why can't TE just give us a list of default template of class to try out instead of allowing pve players to have over 40k hp and dealing 22k damages?

I thought PvP and Pve was seperate. Why are we using pve character in CTF? The powerhouse pvers are owning everyone right now and its not skill. Its time play i'm afraid. I can't wait to see how you guys going to balance the pvp in this game.

/rant

Going to respec to hero spec and see how it turn out

A little rant...

Its a mistake allowing max out gear pve characters in CTF. Why can't TE just give us a list of default template of class to try out instead of allowing pve players to have over 40k hp and dealing 22k damages?

I thought PvP and Pve was seperate. Why are we using pve character in CTF? The powerhouse pvers are owning everyone right now and its not skill. Its time play i'm afraid. I can't wait to see how you guys going to balance the pvp in this game.

/rant

Going to respec to hero spec and see how it turn out

This is the wrong way to go about things, the more pve seperates from pvp the more it becomes it's own game, it's own thing, which is bad, largely in part due to the fact that the end tier pve items will not have an outlet. It's a major problem in MMOs brought about by pvp specific gear such as resilience in WoW(which I've already made a post in this thread expressing my feelings towards that, and what you're suggesting as well).

This is the wrong way to go about things, the more pve seperates from pvp the more it becomes it's own game, it's own thing, which is bad, largely in part due to the fact that the end tier pve items will not have an outlet. It's a major problem in MMOs brought about by pvp specific gear such as resilience in WoW(which I've already made a post in this thread expressing my feelings towards that, and what you're suggesting as well).
admin had confirm it that pvp and pve will be seperate when it come to balance but i have no idea how nor if its true, took me a while to look for the link heree. Take a good read and tell me what you think.

The current situation will be bad for new players because they farm less and have less epic gears vs those hardcore farmers while being unopposed in pve farming.

And with the new change in CTF i have to respc to hero spec and all my tower spec equipment and set are useless now, including my max upgrade. I'm salvaging old armor for hero spec stats atm and i'm not even sure if i could kill anyone with my squire..

balance! itz so hardd.

Take my advice TE and give us a list of default classes template to choose from and start from there. Balance will be a breeze to manage. Right now its not fun going up against a boss farmer call squire with 40k hp that deal 22k dmg each hit without rage.

update: wow i respect to hero spec, max out all my crappy gear and i got over 45k hp hahaha i'm god

uupdate 2 ... got owned by huntress with 230 dps spec and 120 speed. they're untouchable