Post-Patch Chickens

(Accidentally posted this in the Trading Section)

I have just gotten the chicken pet after completing all achievements and am underwhelmed from the amount of upgrade slots on the chicken (32). It seems a bit unfair that players complete the same achievements, yet the reward varies drastically(40+). For a unique item, the min-max stat/ups range should be narrowed down. ESPECIALLY for a unique pet which can ONLY be gotten once per account.

Thoughts?

I completely agree. In fact, if you only get one chance at this thing, it shouldn't be random at all. Putting in the time to get all of the other pets and ending up with a sub-par reward compared to other people who have done the exact same thing is OK and everything, except when you can only do it once. Got a lousy one? Too bad, you're out of luck forever. I don't like this approach at all for this particular item.

Almost everyone wants it to have fixed stats, there's a hundred threads on this but Trendy never responds in any of them, I don't get it. T.T

It shouldn't be random, much like the TF2 DLC, pretty sure those aren't random?

They are actually...

Almost everyone wants it to have fixed stats, there's a hundred threads on this but Trendy never responds in any of them, I don't get it. T.T

They are actually...

Ohh ok, ty :)

They are actually...

They actually did comment in (at least) 1 , and said its supposed to be a bragging thing rather then an actual overpowered pet.

The TF2 pets , and the portal gun , are in-fact , random (some posted a green portal gun on DDwiki today 0.o; )

I agree that trendy should do a lot more things regarding the chickens. >_

They actually did comment in (at least) 1 , and said its supposed to be a bragging thing rather then an actual overpowered pet.

How can I brag about having a terrible pet that I'll never use, that's rather depressing and makes people laugh at me. If I want to brag I have my Legendary Defender trophy and Trendy crystal for that already. T.T

How can I brag about having a terrible pet that I'll never use, that's rather depressing and makes people laugh at me. If I want to brag I have my Legendary Defender trophy and Trendy crystal for that already. T.T

This. I feel the chicken pets should be altered in a way so that the possible stat/ups differences are slightly negligible so that the pet doesn't range from "rubbish to godlike", but rather "decent to great".

Also, if the pet were to be used primarily as a "bragging" pet, then why not give it similar properties to the giraffe (lacking attacks). The fact that the pet was given the capabilities of high base damage (as high as 300) and high upgrades (40+) seems to contrast with the "bragging" expectation of the pet.

Now I'm afraid I don't want to complete my last achievement. If they aren't going to make each chicken fair and equal, then what is the point? Also, bragging rights? Hell.. my animus right now is more of a bragging right than these chickens (from what I've heard).

Chicken either needs to do some good DPS that exceeds an animus, or needs to give excellent hero stats, or possibly needs some awesome post processing effect that makes it the most awesome looking pet ever. It sounds like it is lacking in all categories.

That's the most depressing virtual item I've ever seen. T.T

Yeah, that knockback sure is impressive, for knocking me off my chair when I got it.

Worst thing is I can't even drop this thing, and it'll be forever haunting my inventory. I'd just cram it into my tavern corner if I could now.

Chickens should not have random stats if you can only get one per account. Why should one person randomly have a perfect chicken, when my chicken is poopy?

On another note, if we were allowed to re-complete achievements (like a prestige mode, maybe you have to do it on a new character?) it would be sensible to have random stats on chickens, so if you got really screwed on yours you could grind out another one.