Thumbs Up/Down system improvement

I'd like to see a change where the player has the option of determining the criteria for Thumbs Up (Green items) and Thumbs-Down (Red items) for equipment is chosen.

Right now, my understanding is that it's based on base price. I would like to see the player be able to use that criteria, or select in an options menu, which stats specifically he is interested in and have items with capabilities in THOSE areas to go higher than what is currently equipped, show up as Green.

Here are the options as I seem them:

Price
Stats
-submenu with stats to select which you are interested in
Type
-submenu leather,chain,mail,etc
Weapons
-submenu of character types, or default simply to your currently played character type
Pets

i.e. My Tower Apprentice wants items that mainly have good starting stats and upgrade potential in Tower Health, Base Damage, Area of Effect, and Attack Rate. Thus I would go into the options and select those four stats as my "Item Notice Criteria" or whatever it may be called, and the game would now highlight items on the map based on that instead of mana cost.

BUMPO MAXIMO!!

but seriously, great idea. I really hate looking for a good item.
Also add items being shown if they have better stats then your original one did

I completely agree, this would take the hassle out of manually checking each item. And if you could change the green filter, it would make farming just a little less tedious. Thumbs up.

I agree with this suggestion with one very important qualification. Only in the ITEM BOX.

In fact, I've already posted a suggestion for Item Box filtering based on these criteria and more. However, this feature must never be allowed during the game itself, as it will merely make it easier for 'Ninja Looters' and 'Chinese Farmers' to home in and target the items they want to steal for resale.

As such and because you specifically mentioned you wanted it to appear on the map I've voted this a +2 Star. We have enough trouble with anti-social player behaviour as it is without making it easier for them.

Didz,

The point behind this suggestion is to make sure you aren't MISSING items that you otherwise would be interested in because "it's less expensive, so it isn't an upgrade" according to the current system.

If you have a problem with people ninja-looting, then kick them from your game. People shouldn't be picking up items that aren't upgrades ANYWAYS, thus making this suggestion only applicable to the item box doesn't make any sense. Why would you have picked up the item if it wasn't an upgrade? It therefore wouldn't BE in your item box to begin with.

My tower Apprentice has 140ish for Tower Health, and 162-165 for the other 3 tower stats. I virtually NEVER see an upgrade to my items, and yet I'm left wondering how many "red" items have been skipped over and left to be sold for money at the end of each round, simply because it wasn't marked as an upgrade so I didn't go look?

The current loot system is in a poor state as of right now. A "green loot" filter or item colorization (i.e. white, green, blue, etc...) are the two best ways to fix it in my opinion.

I really hope Trendy implements at least some kind of better loot system to the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Got my support 99%

Could not care less about the leather chain plate filter , At least i do not care how the items look on my info page xD

• 2 weeks later...
Got my support 99%

Could not care less about the leather chain plate filter , At least i do not care how the items look on my info page xD

You do know that if you wear all leather/chain/etc you get a set bonus, right? I would say keep that filter in.
Also, totally agree with better ways of item filtering