Sign in to follow this  
Finally

Anyone notice the game starts on Wave 2 or 3...

I assumed this was for difficulty scaling. The earlier waves would have been too easy with 4 players, plus the extra mana would have made the later waves too easy.

I would assume the following.

Easy starts at wave one
Medium at wave 3
Hard at wave 5
Insane at wave 7
If there is a total of 7 waves.
Or possibly the other way around?

To give easy players more mana and more time, and insane players little time and almost no mana to build defended with.

Either I'm wrong or that's the plan but nits bugged.

No... Thats bad assuming...

Any difficuly, any combo of players or any levels has the game start on level 2 or 3... I think its a glitch...

The thing is that with increased difficulty mobs act differently, do more damage, have more hp, longer waves of mobs and so on...

Also Just beat the game on hard =O

Easy starts at wave one
Medium at wave 3
Hard at wave 5
Insane at wave 7

To give easy players more mana and more time, and insane players little time and almost no mana to build defended with.

This theory is assumed correctly, though the numbers are not accurate.

@Finally, have you tried starting a new character and playing the first level on the easiest difficulty? I don't actually have a platform to play DDFW personally, so can someone try this and get back to me?

Typically speaking, increased difficulty means higher scaling of mobs. In other words, say you are on level 99 and are an appropriate experience match. Setting the difficulty to easy will most likely start you on wave 1 whereas setting the difficulty to hard would likely set the starting wave to 3. This prevents excess mana for upgrades and building, as well as makes the waves towards the end of your fighting on that map more difficult. This means that there may be 13 waves assigned to a map, but easy only lets you do 1-7, medium 2-9, hard 3-11, insane 4-13.

Pending further investigation and response.

Easy starts at wave one
Medium at wave 3
Hard at wave 5
Insane at wave 7

This is sort of correct but the numbers are wrong. Basically its a difficulty scaling thing. Each level has a predefined number of waves, they dont all have 7 (for example). If you start you on wave 3 or 4 it's because at that difficulty there's no point in starting at wave 1, it would be too easy. Just a design thing

This is sort of correct but the numbers are wrong. Basically its a difficulty scaling thing. Each level has a predefined number of waves, they dont all have 7 (for example). If you start you on wave 3 or 4 it's because at that difficulty there's no point in starting at wave 1, it would be too easy. Just a design thing

Why wouldn't the waves get harder as in more mobs?? Since lvl 5 or so I have always started on 3...