Sign in to follow this  
fish61324

Getting the Giraffe on the Treadmill.

Is there any other way of getting the Giraffe without surviving 30 waves? I know there probably isn't, but I was on wave 21 (going very strong) and my game crashed/froze :( after a lot of lagging (I was playing offline too).

If there isn't an alternative to getting the Giraffe, I hope Trendy comes out with a patch or something that gives players an alternative, cause I've heard of people taking 15-30 hours to beat 30 waves. It's never a good idea to keep electronics on for that long. And also, I don't want to go after the Giraffe again and get to like wave 28 or something and have it crash again.

Sorry if someone already asked this or posted it. Thanks.

Didn't really want to hijack your thread, but I'm going to. :P

Which level is the fastest and/or easiest to grind the soon to be 25 waves on? I know some levels don't have certain mobs, or the walk to the crystal is quicker etc.

Didn't really want to hijack your thread, but I'm going to. :P

Which level is the fastest and/or easiest to grind the soon to be 25 waves on? I know some levels don't have certain mobs, or the walk to the crystal is quicker etc.

Probably Deeper Well because it has a fairly low mob cap compared to the other maps.

forges and foundries is pretty easy and you can almost afk thru it on hard/insane i made it to 18 on insane and got dc'd from steam then did it on hard thinking it would be faster

theres such thing as a mob cap? Im doing second run through... last time steam server crashed while I was on wave 25... hopefully I get reimbursed for the time, I easily had it...

secondly mob cap? Ive past 24k mobs on magus on SOLO

theres such thing as a mob cap? Im doing second run through... last time steam server crashed while I was on wave 25... hopefully I get reimbursed for the time, I easily had it...

secondly mob cap? Ive past 24k mobs on magus on SOLO

Yeah I heard a lot of people say Deeper Well has a mob cap of 9800, other maps have one way beyond your imagination.

Forges and foundries is the easiest for sure, there's only three lanes to worry about and their fairly narrow lanes at that. So after you get you're setup and fully upgrade, you can walk away without issue.

i went over 9800 on deeper wells, so Im not sure of your statement...

As I said, it's what I saw a lot of people on here say. So it's probably wrong anyway. Glitterhelm has a pretty low mob count btw.

Glitterhelm or summit is the quickest because:

1. There's more mob spawns.
2. More areas to defend so more simultanious mobs spawn.
3. Mob increment is lower as they start on higher wave number.. e.g it's about 500 mobs on glitterhelm at wave 11 where deep wells is already hitting 1000.
4. You can't just afk them unless you got the perfect setup. So you're involved in the waves and therefore you're playing and finally... not being bored.

Got to wave 18 on glitterhelm in about 1.5 hours on hard. From there on it's about 15min a wave ish.

But all this is just my humble opinion :) I hate the idea of survival maps :P

3. Mob increment is lower as they start on higher wave number.. e.g it's about 500 mobs on glitterhelm at wave 11 where deep wells is already hitting 1000.
4. You can't just afk them unless you got the perfect setup. So you're involved in the waves and therefore you're playing and finally... not being bored.

Got to wave 18 on glitterhelm in about 1.5 hours on hard. From there on it's about 15min a wave ish.

Ah yeah, im getting into the 45 minute waves of 18k+ mobs... Im just hoping they will reimburse me for the 12 hours spent getting so close to 30, I easily had it done but you know how reliable the steam servers are...

Well, at the moment I'm torn on what difficulty to do, I want the pet for the stats... but I also just want to get him for the pet achievement. While glitter may be the fastest, I'm not sure of the setup for the best results.

edit: Also, I hate Glitterhelm so much :P I will probably end up doing summit.

i went over 9800 on deeper wells, so Im not sure of your statement...

9886 I believe is what my friend said who ran Deeper Well survival with 4 people in the game.

Well, at the moment I'm torn on what difficulty to do, I want the pet for the stats... but I also just want to get him for the pet achievement. While glitter may be the fastest, I'm not sure of the setup for the best results.

edit: Also, I hate Glitterhelm so much :P I will probably end up doing summit.

Giraffe is not needed for the achievement.

You sure? I read a couple of guides for the achievement and they said it was needed. o.o

Can't remember where I read it (perhaps the wiki, or somewhere here) but I remember it being said that the giraffe was not needed for the achievement. I do not know yet, as I still have a few pets to show up in my shop (cheap enough for crap buys) to collect them all.

You sure? I read a couple of guides for the achievement and they said it was needed. o.o

guides are wrong then
i got the achievment last night, and no girrafe here

guides are wrong then
i got the achievment last night, and no girrafe here

Sweet, that means I can save him until later and get a good stat one on hard or something. :>

going onto wave 21... this afternoon IF STEAM AND/OR TRENDY do not crash, I will be able to get giraffe

Don't do it!! Wait until the patch and you only have to make it to wave 25...

Don't do it!! Wait until the patch and you only have to make it to wave 25...

the patch is tomorrow, and it doesnt really bother me... i already got good gear... but I can sell the 3 other slots for a large profit and better gear, so walking out of it with a giraffe +godly gear with high upgrade slots and 30 mil mana cap, I say thats a win in my eyes

did it this weekend on courtyard. wave 25+ where 26k mobs ea. what takes 1h per wave to complete.

but please trendy giraffe upgrades shouldnt vary that much. most of us got 30 to 39 upgrades. but one poor guy got one with 24 upgrades. srsly trendy 18 hours for a 24 upgrade giraffe? that should be changed!!!!!!!!!!