Crystal Tracker Attack Speed Bug

I'm pretty sure that the crystal tracker's attack speed is broken. My crystal tracker hits for 4677 and is supposed to fire 5 shots per second. As you can see in the screenshots, my dps is only 14031 instead of the 23385 it should be. My crystal tracker with 5 shots per second is only shooting 3 times per second. That is a ridiculous difference. I would very much appreciate it if this was fixed so huntresses would have another solid alternative to the VW.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983487005/screenshot/612715648996937239?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983487005/screenshot/612715648996906659/?tab=public

It seems kindof silly that they would put attack speed bonus on one gun while all the rest are shots per second. They could have just as easily capped max shots per second at 3.

Attack speed bonus, not shots per second. Tooltip error.

I don't really think you should be making excuses for the devs. As far as I am aware, only pets have had their shots per second stat adjusted to attack speed bonus. Until an official response is made, this should be regarded as a bug.

Even after an official response is made, this should be regarded as a bug until it is either fixed or the tooltip is adjusted.

Attack speed bonus, not shots per second. Tooltip error.

Attack Speed Bonus was for pets, and the tooltips were changed in the last patch to reflect this.

That being said, I decided to do some tests before posting this answer, in order to make sure I didn't put my foot in my mouth.

I did three tests with three different guns.

First gun: Van Wolfstein. Mine has 6 shots per second, and does 2210 per hit. 2210 * 5 shots per volley * 6 shots per second = 66300 dps. In actuality, it was 69616 dps according to the target dummy. This is 5% higher than expected.

Second Gun: Blasticus. Mine has 9 shots per second, and does 134 damage per hit. 134 * 9 = 1206 dps. Tested value: 1273 dps. This is 5% higher than expected.

Third gun: Bone gun. Mine has 6 shots per second, and does 213 combined damage per shot. 213 * 6 = 1278 dps. Actual tested value of 1384. This is 8% higher than expected.

Difference between expected and actual values are likely due to timing issues of the in-game dps meter polling rate, not due to the shots per second. I think that this, in combination with floating point arithmetic on computers being <100% exact, is a secondary reason for the discrepancy.

That being said, the Crystal Tracker Shots Per Second is likely either a bug in the code or a bug in the animation acceleration functionality of that gun. Hopefully the devs will look into this and get back to us about whether or not this intended.

Attack Speed Bonus was for pets, and the tooltips were changed in the last patch to reflect this.

That being said, I decided to do some tests before posting this answer, in order to make sure I didn't put my foot in my mouth.

I did three tests with three different guns.

First gun: Van Wolfstein. Mine has 6 shots per second, and does 2210 per hit. 2210 * 5 shots per volley * 6 shots per second = 66300 dps. In actuality, it was 69616 dps according to the target dummy. This is 5% higher than expected.

Second Gun: Blasticus. Mine has 9 shots per second, and does 134 damage per hit. 134 * 9 = 1206 dps. Tested value: 1273 dps. This is 5% higher than expected.

Third gun: Bone gun. Mine has 6 shots per second, and does 213 combined damage per shot. 213 * 6 = 1278 dps. Actual tested value of 1384. This is 8% higher than expected.

Difference between expected and actual values are likely due to timing issues of the in-game dps meter polling rate, not due to the shots per second. I think that this, in combination with floating point arithmetic on computers being <100% exact, is a secondary reason for the discrepancy.

That being said, the Crystal Tracker Shots Per Second is likely either a bug in the code or a bug in the animation acceleration functionality of that gun. Hopefully the devs will look into this and get back to us about whether or not this intended.

OR you might have forgotten to calculate the hero damage?

I just tested a 4 shots per second crystal tracker. It attacks 2.4 times per second so this weapon type seems to be affected by a 3/5 attack speed bonus instead of shots per second. I am still curious to hear a devs answer to why this is the case with only this weapon. If it is for balance, a perfect crystal tracker that shoots 5 times per second would still be far less overpowered than even a decent VW.

Anyway, best way to test shots per second is to time how long it takes for you to exhaust your ammo clip. No need to fuss with all those other numbers ;)

And I can confirm, my crystal tracker's shots per second is way lower than it should be.

Edit: Took 11 seconds to fire 36 shots, fairly close to your 3 shots per second, cept my Crystal Tracker is supposed to be 6sps.

yeaaaaa i finally managed to get a crystal tracker and had no way to know it maxed at 6speed... had 6 speed last upgrade point coulda bumped it up some damage or speed i decided speed would do more and it used the upgrade but the speed didnt go up :demon:.

I agree that all guns should be shots per second. The crystal tracker is by no means game-changing enough to require such a random stat alteration. Its limited range and AoE damage dropoff are big enough handicaps.

A trendy comment would be most excellent.

As I had pointed out to me, grenade launchers and crystal trackers use the undefined "speed bonus" stat instead of shots per second.

What this is I am not sure, but it's not the same as the pet's stat.

My animus has a 6 "speed" and shoots exactly 2 times a second.

A Crystal Tracker with a 6 speed shoots 3.6 times a second.
A Crystal Tracker with a 3 speed shoots 1.8 times a second.
A Dancing Cavileer with a 4 speed shoots 2.25 times a second.
A Incubator with a speed of 3 shoots at 1.8 times a second.

This seems to mean that they gave these weapons a multiplier of 0.6 to their Shots Per Second stat. No idea if this is a bug, or meant to be this way. Seems weird when they could have just set the SPS lower by one instead.

I suppose we will know fore sure when the dev tools come out. Sadly I'll be unable to even LOOK at them for the next 2 days, darnit. :)

I posted a thread in the PC Technical Support about the bug but didn't get any official word.

A lot of other weapons are also affected, except the difference is not as large as the one for Crystal Tracker. Blasticus is one of the few weapon that is actually correct in its "shot per second". A lot of other weapons have a discrepancy of 0.5 (ie it lists 7 in stats but in actuality does 6.5 shots per second). This includes the minigun, the lava beetle and soul focuser, and others...

Yeah, the attack speed does follow a predictable formula but I really feel that if they are going to allow the VW to exist in its current state they should not handicap these other weapons.