Sign in to follow this  
Salforis

HoN

I played HoN since closed beta and havnt played in nearly 6 months, but some of the guys here bought it so I may give it a few games on the weekend.

Sounds like a challenge, we'll see who gets stomped! :O

hon is bad cuz of ego kids who ego whole game cuz they go faceroll swift or dw
though only mid no respawn timer casual games are fun ^^

hon is bad cuz of ego kids who ego whole game cuz they go faceroll swift or dw
though only mid no respawn timer casual games are fun ^^

I pretty much dont play any hero that has a high damage single shot ult. Yeah the community it bad, and the players are mostly either incredibly good or incredibly bad, but thats why you play with friends. But that happens in any competitive game.

funny you say free, but you're EXTREMELY limited unless you pay hundreds of dollars, or HOURS AND HOURS just to make sure you can play a champion you really like. If you focus on the heroes, you gimp yourself on runes needed to keep up with everyone.

I have spent 0 dollars, I have every champion, and I win over 90% of the time when I play with my team. Explain. I also own HoN. I quit HoN when my rating approached 1900 because I didn't like the matchmaking and felt that it had several imbalances in the meta-game. I agree that LoL is a toned down game compared to HoN, but it is way more fun for beginners and I would argue that it has a slightly more balanced meta. Going back to your quote, wouldn't you agree that most people need to play at least 100 games of HoN before they are remotely competitive or have a decent understanding of all the heroes?

HoN has a higher learning curve and stays more true to the DoTA model.

LoL has a easier learning curve and has more "fun" gameplay as compared to a more hard-core environment.

Both games require well over 100 matches to truly get the idea and to understand all the items, characters, and map/gameplay tricks.

HoN has a higher learning curve and stays more true to the DoTA model.

LoL has a easier learning curve and has more "fun" gameplay as compared to a more hard-core environment.

Both games require well over 100 matches to truly get the idea and to understand all the items, characters, and map/gameplay tricks.

LoL definitely has a hard-core environment in it. The learning curves for both games are very high, LoL just has a bit more "smooth" curve. They both take a very long time to master, and people are continually getting better and pushing the competition in both games.

Sorry, I should clarify what I mean. There are more 'hardcore' type of players as a community percentage in HoN.

Besides the regular competitive scene here is a brief list of registered tournaments in the last few months...

7/12/2011
Tt eSports Challenge

6/1/2011
UNGL Bloodlust Cup

5/18/2011
Dreamhack Summer 2011

4/29/2011
Gamereplays Season 4

4/18/2011
QQ Gaming Tournament

4/13/2011
GosuGamers Cup

4/13/2011
QQNinja.com RedditHoN Open

4/11/2011
ESL Major Series

4/2/2011
HoNor Tournament

4/2/2011
SK Gaming Tournament Series 1

4/2/2011
HoN Super Series

Besides the regular competitive scene here is a brief list of registered tournaments in the last few months...

7/12/2011
Tt eSports Challenge

6/1/2011
UNGL Bloodlust Cup

5/18/2011
Dreamhack Summer 2011

4/29/2011
Gamereplays Season 4

4/18/2011
QQ Gaming Tournament

4/13/2011
GosuGamers Cup

4/13/2011
QQNinja.com RedditHoN Open

4/11/2011
ESL Major Series

4/2/2011
HoNor Tournament

4/2/2011
SK Gaming Tournament Series 1

4/2/2011
HoN Super Series

We need some of those for DD...

I Just bought my $10 copy of HoN. It's time to get down on some Flint Beastwood.

Edit: I'll also tear up LoL any day.

sounds like what LoL runs during the weekends

That's cool. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just saying they are different in their own right.
You said there was no competitive scene when there is. There is also a competitive scene for LoL but when I see a Riot Games sponsored tournament that's a 1v1 I cant help but face-palm.

Some hardcore DoTA players have moved to HoN and are awaiting DoTA 2, and some have moved to LoL and are also awaiting DoTA 2. But for people who started playing a game like that to start on LoL, I just cant agree that they know the competitive scene behind more DoTA style game-play.

LoL and HoN are nothing alike outside of very basic genre similarities.

So far I hate HoN and just wanna play LoL. But i'm also a noob on HoN were-as i'm decent-good on LoL :D So I admit my opinion is biased so far.

Some hardcore DoTA players have moved to HoN and are awaiting DoTA 2, and some have moved to LoL and are also awaiting DoTA 2. But for people who started playing a game like that to start on LoL, I just cant agree that they know the competitive scene behind more DoTA style game-play.

Couldn't agree more

I Just bought my $10 copy of HoN. It's time to get down on some Flint Beastwood.

Edit: I'll also tear up LoL any day.

what do you mean by this. both parts.

But for people who started playing a game like that to start on LoL, I just cant agree that they know the competitive scene behind more DoTA style game-play.

LoL has a slightly different style of gameplay to the base DotA set, but it's not to be underestimated.

As for the competitive scene, the 1v1 tournaments were just to mess around with, and they seemed to be ages ago. These days there are huge prize pools, dwarfing that available for HoN, and the Dreamhack live stream broke just about every record for E-sports streaming in the west. It's come a long way recently :)

Edit: found it and oh man... im still going to play LOL... why restrict players to buying tokens to play certain game modes??? Quite the fail... should restrict it to players that have x number of characters bought...

Wow oh wow, even more fail =p

The game simply requires you to become "verified" so you have to play a bit to gain all the advantages. I have a "Legacy" account so i have everything.

Highly doubt you could get anywhere close to tearing up any category in LoL.

Dang you caught me, I actually just cry a lot. that's what I meant by tearing up.

League just makes you lvl 1 so you can play with other noobs (or the occasional dude using a smerf account). Leauge lets you learn the game. HoN... felt like i was Michael Cera thrown into the ring with the Hulkster in 1985...