Sign in to follow this  
Salforis

HoN

Heroes of Newerth is a great game with almost infinite re playability. A new genre of game that is RAPIDLY increasing in popularity to where their are even tournaments involved. Choose between 80 different heroes (and more being put out every 2 week) and fight to destroy the enemy team and their shrine in this intense RTS styled gameplay, no two matches are ever the same. The price is normally $30 but they are now selling for $10 for a short time period! don't miss out on a chance to play one the most exciting games. The wait for Dungeon Defenders is dragging, lets make it seem like a pleasant wait instead.

Hope to see you in Heroes of Newerth and Dungeon Defenders and good luck!

Dont post referral links. - Tsuda

Heroes of Newerth is a great game with almost infinite re playability. A new genre of game that is RAPIDLY increasing in popularity to where their are even tournaments involved. Choose between 80 different heroes (and more being put out every 2 week) and fight to destroy the enemy team and their shrine in this intense RTS styled gameplay, no two matches are ever the same. The price is normally $30 but they are now selling for $10 for a short time period! don't miss out on a chance to play one the most exciting games. The wait for Dungeon Defenders is dragging, lets make it seem like a pleasant wait instead.

Hope to see you in Heroes of Newerth and Dungeon Defenders and good luck!

We play league of legends here... its free and not full of omgosh u noobzor l2p noob... players...and its free...

funny you say free, but you're EXTREMELY limited unless you pay hundreds of dollars, or HOURS AND HOURS just to make sure you can play a champion you really like. If you focus on the heroes, you gimp yourself on runes needed to keep up with everyone.

While for RIGHT NOW for a small 10 dollars, you get full access to all "champions" every game (unless you play certain game modes) permanently and its updated as frequently as League of Legends. I have played and enjoyed League of Legends myself, but I see it as a less intense and harder on the eyes then Heroes of Newerth. If you enjoy League of Legends, you should really give this a shot while its price is very small. oh and all the cosmetics in the game (or almost all) are reasonably priced to not take ages to get if you really like it.

Oh and btw, I'm pretty sure both communities have AWFUL "NABZ L2P, GTFO PLZKTHX" there is no getting away from that.

10 bucks for HoN would be a great deal if it allows you access too all champs.

However I'm a big LoL fan :D

And I disagree with your statement of having to spend money to enjoy it. JPeters owns almost every champ in game and has spent no money.

I on the other hand have spent WAY too much money on the game :)

I do really wanna try HoN. Tsuda has been talking it up sense I first came to trendy.

Is it available on STEAM????

Unfortunately It is not available on STEAM

It is worth giving it a shot for 10 bucks specially if you really enjoy LoL, I think I might get another account just to play with any friends that are new to the game or even you guys if you really want to try it out can try to answer questions on what heroes do what and what items are good for who. One thing is certain you can play any hero you want whenever you want and even the new ones. The only time I see you can't play a hero you want if someone picks him first, there is no 2 of the same heroes (and even that can be changed if you really want on a public match).

Unfortunately It is not available on STEAM

It is worth giving it a shot for 10 bucks specially if you really enjoy LoL, I think I might get another account just to play with any friends that are new to the game or even you guys if you really want to try it out can try to answer questions on what heroes do what and what items are good for who. One thing is certain you can play any hero you want whenever you want and even the new ones. The only time I see you can't play a hero you want if someone picks him first, there is no 2 of the same heroes (and even that can be changed if you really want on a public match).

Just bought, downloading now...

How long will it be $10?
I'm on a trip so I don't have my computer and I'm not a sure it would download to my computer if i bought it on well, my xoom

How long will it be $10?
I'm on a trip so I don't have my computer and I'm not a sure it would download to my computer if i bought it on well, my xoom

You can buy the account on your Xoom, you download the game separately.

Oh
I think I might get it tomorrow then

+ do u have a promo code for reffering a friend? N is the one time coin pack worth it at all? Thanks!

HoN is pretty kool, I've been playing it for a few months now on a friends account and prior to that, I have been playing the game in beta. I've also been playing Dota in Warcraft 3 a little, now the accounts are on sale I decided to get my own account and a fresh chance to try and get a semi respectable rating as opposed to the little over 1,000 I have now lol.

Unfortunately very frequently you get paired with noobs who cost you the game, no matter how good you are if a noob is feeding or letting someone free farm, then you've inevitably lost.

People are always bitching about my kill/death ratio as well, which I will admit is rather low, some what due to the fact I like to play healers as much as I can, but also due to when I intially started playing again I was doing rather bad lol. However I have a friend playing at 1650 rating who has a K/D ratio of 0.60, so that goes to show that it doesn't really say all that much about a player.

That link I have up there is my referal link and much <3 love if you get it that route, and as I said I'm willing to get another account to assist and show you the ropes, but the thing is nothing helps more than experience. Also can get into all the differences between HoN and LoL. Once you get the hang of it you'll want more, LoL did that for me to and I played HoN first, and I had to come back, looks a lot better and plays so much faster. Also some great humor on some of the alternate avaters. Which are can be bought with in game currency that you earn. I will note that there is no summoner system in which you level up, get runes, and pick talents. I will recommend to try out public games no stats for a while til you get adjusted to the changes in the game and figure out all the items. If you get the game, I am also Salforis in HoN, and when I get home I'll get my other account name when I make it.

Sry salf, but Duane already sent me a referral link, can I have 2 referrals? But it'd love it if u helped e out, ima probly be a noob cause I've never heard of these games people r talking but haha. Well thanks!
ok im downloading game

Unfortunately the game has been down for most of the day, but it's expected to be up again soon, it doesn't set a good impression to new players getting cheap accounts that the service is down.

Unfortunately the game has been down for most of the day, but it's expected to be up again soon, it doesn't set a good impression to new players getting cheap accounts that the service is down.

Haha... that is a bad example for the new players =p

Still, lol is free... I like having to buy toons and not have access to them all at once...it forces me to try new characters and only buy the ones I really like (singe/vlad, nunu)... but I did originally start on HoN in the beta... LoL is more about teamwork, and skill and.HoN was all about the carry =\ I like.how in LoL, a good build.can pull you back from.a.loss and good teamwork wins the day >=]

its still down, so i cant redownload game =(
i have to redownload because the turtorial would bring me to where im spose to spawn and it would just sit there

yaya its back up!!!!!

Haha... that is a bad example for the new players =p

Still, lol is free... I like having to buy toons and not have access to them all at once...it forces me to try new characters and only buy the ones I really like (singe/vlad, nunu)... but I did originally start on HoN in the beta... LoL is more about teamwork, and skill and.HoN was all about the carry =\ I like.how in LoL, a good build.can pull you back from.a.loss and good teamwork wins the day >=]

The exact same thing can be said for HoN, No teamwork no victory. Lower MMR a really good player can usually slip by with being a carry cause well the other team isn't doing whats necessary to keep the carry down, in the higher tiers of play, if the carry doesn't get the teamwork and support he needs, hes as good as useless. You'll see that immediately the difference just like you would probably see in LoL. I haven't played high tier in LoL at all, but from what I played, I can easily carry pretty much by myself (unless there are too many high health heroes to deal with).

Dunno why you'd like to be able to unlock a character, if your team needs a certain type champion but you haven't unlocked it and all the ones you like are not available, well it kinda hampers your ability to adapt. Even if I liked that idea, I'd like to play the hero and not have to possibly wait forever to see if I like it. I don't want to send my points on something I could possibly not like at all or suit my playstyle. Bad limitations. While in HoN I can be well I need to play support hm... I like between these three, one can disable a carry for a while, one can stun and do high damage and one can really help kill someone when needed. If I want a hero right now, I have to spend possibly just as much to just play HoN. You get what you pay for and quality is always better.

Also, HoN has had about a 95% uptime, rarely does it need to go down, occasional maintenence and that's it. Though it did get the DDos attack a while back and they crippled them really badly for a month, but that problem shouldn't arise again, while in LoL I saw it be down often during my phase of the game.

Played LoL for almost a year and a half. Only 'downtime' was minimal. I happen to love the idea of 'unlocking' players. Half the replay value in a fighting game is unlocking new players. Also, the game is free, If you want to spend some money on the free game, you can spend 20 bucks and have 20 champs.

I will also say this, the UI for HoN is pretty ridiculous. There is a LOT goin on in the main menu. HoN looks like MSN.com while LoL looks like Google. I will say this could simply mean HoN has many more options... but so does MSN.com

I still use Google though :)

Also: A person who truly adapts would be one who does NOT have the champion available but can ADAPT their current skills and builds to fit the situation at hand :D

Also x2: I do plan on giving HoN a try >:)

Played LoL for almost a year and a half. Only 'downtime' was minimal. I happen to love the idea of 'unlocking' players. Half the replay value in a fighting game is unlocking new players. Also, the game is free, If you want to spend some money on the free game, you can spend 20 bucks and have 20 champs.

I will also say this, the UI for HoN is pretty ridiculous. There is a LOT goin on in the main menu. HoN looks like MSN.com while LoL looks like Google. I will say this could simply mean HoN has many more options... but so does MSN.com

I still use Google though :)

Also: A person who truly adapts would be one who does NOT have the champion available but can ADAPT their current skills and builds to fit the situation at hand :D

Also x2: I do plan on giving HoN a try >:)

if u do can u help me out?

I am going to stomp everyone.

I thought jer didn't allow you to have free time! How'd you get away? =p

I played HoN since closed beta and havnt played in nearly 6 months, but some of the guys here bought it so I may give it a few games on the weekend.

I played HoN since closed beta and havnt played in nearly 6 months, but some of the guys here bought it so I may give it a few games on the weekend.

Me too... it was fun but I wasn't willing to pay for it... then I saw lol and it was different yet just as fun or more so... you guys should get this cool game called Dungeon Defenders once its released and play with me!