[Efficiency] +2 or +0 projectiles in huntress animus

Since my huntress and animus can shoot in long range, Ive found my Huntress animus having 50% of chance missing its two extra projectiles coz the area is not so narrow.

Would that be more efficient to invest those two points into attack damage instead?

The small boost in damage will not nearly make up for the fact it can hit multiple mobs or hit a single mob with multiple projectiles even if its not 100% of the time.

No, because with those projectiles, an animus can solo a line of creeps or an ogre without your help.

Adding an extra x amount of damage is far less productive than adding an extra projectile. If your pet does 300 dps with its one shot and u add X dps it will now do 300+X dps. But if u add a projectile you now do 2x300dps ( assuming they all hit thats double dps).

Since my huntress and animus can shoot in long range, Ive found my Huntress animus having 50% of chance missing its two extra projectiles coz the area is not so narrow.

Would that be more efficient to invest those two points into attack damage instead?

Now imagine you have +4 projectiles. And all 4 miss unless your standing right next to your target. (20% dps output).

Adding an extra x amount of damage is far less productive than adding an extra projectile. If your pet does 300 dps with its one shot and u add X dps it will now do 300+X dps. But if u add a projectile you now do 2x300dps ( assuming they all hit thats double dps).

Um. Yes, yes, that's exactly what I was saying. # of Projectiles > Base Damage.

Now imagine you have +4 projectiles. And all 4 miss unless your standing right next to your target. (20% dps output).

Yes in practice, you won't stand right in front of the Orge neither get close to the creeps especially dark elf ninja just to get your animus have 3 projectiles shoot on their faces.

Yes in practice, you won't stand right in front of the Orge neither get close to the creeps especially dark elf ninja just to get your animus have 3 projectiles shoot on their faces.

Actually I run up INTO a ninja's face with my animus, as 1 or 2 attacks from its +2 projectile self will kill most before they can touch me.

Yo, I love this logic.

Wanna buy a huntress animus with 33 levels, 148 base damage, 4 attack speed, and all positive stats. Oh, only one caveat: she has no bonus projectiles.

1 mil. Total steal by your reasoning. Put you money where your mouth is. :D :D :D

in my opinion, I think its only usefull to put +1 projectile in the huntress animus and not +2. The spread degree is too big with 3 projectiles and you almost always miss 1 projectile. With 2 projectiles, your animus is just as effective.

Unless you plan to hug ogres like some kind of wanna-be-squire

Maybe I'm mistaken and spreads work differently for different sources, but as long as the projectiles from a staff (for example) are an odd number, one of them fires straight. Isn't that the case for Animii? Just try to aim for an even number of extra projectiles so that the total projectiles winds up odd.

I always hug ogres to get max dps from my pet (you are fighting one inside a strength drain right?) So max projectiles is always nice.

And its not you have to rush the ninjas, they come to you most of the time. Pet will kill em faster with the extra projectile, because usually they are landing right on top of your head lol.

Three projectiles. The middle is hardly less effective, and any assassin that charges towards you will be blasted by the animus shotgun, which is a lot more helpful than one might think. If you happen to be above your enemies, the spread of the projectiles tightens so much that all three will hit anything around necromancer size.

As well, four projectiles, from 32-33 (31 doesn't get +3, apparently), puts that extra fourth projectile in the same place as the middle. So your middle is now two projectiles in one, doubling its dps. Therefore, with any animus 32-33, going +projectiles is vastly more effective, because 3 points in +projectiles would be 64x3 less base damage, but double the middle projectile's damage.

Still, the spread will, as stated before, hit a lot of things in any moderately sized blob of enemies. So no, you want +projectiles, always.

Three projectiles. The middle is hardly less effective, and any assassin that charges towards you will be blasted by the animus shotgun, which is a lot more helpful than one might think. If you happen to be above your enemies, the spread of the projectiles tightens so much that all three will hit anything around necromancer size.

As well, four projectiles, from 32-33 (31 doesn't get +3, apparently), puts that extra fourth projectile in the same place as the middle. So your middle is now two projectiles in one, doubling its dps. Therefore, with any animus 32-33, going +projectiles is vastly more effective, because 3 points in +projectiles would be 64x3 less base damage, but double the middle projectile's damage.

Still, the spread will, as stated before, hit a lot of things in any moderately sized blob of enemies. So no, you want +projectiles, always.

I'm pretty sure +2 projectiles is the max. o.o

I'm pretty sure you've never seen a fully upgraded 33 animus. There's loads of +3-ers existing, one of which was made recently by a friend of mine. Said, 'oh holy hell, check this out, level 32 it got +3 projectiles!'. While I had seen the animus, blank with decent damage, 4 shots second, +1 projectiles, 32 max upgrades.

I'm pretty sure you've never seen a fully upgraded 33 animus.

Uh, I have a level 33 animus and it didn't get a choice to go from +2 to +3, ever. Stop making random assumptions of people not having seen things will you? I did and saw every single thing there is to see in the game.

Then go do something about our +3's, sir 'I know every little detail about this game', because we've either got a tremendous epidemic of hacked animii going around, with only their projectile count increased by 1, or you missed out on one little detail.

Then go do something about our +3's, sir 'I know every little detail about this game', because we've either got a tremendous epidemic of hacked animii going around, with only their projectile count increased by 1, or you missed out on one little detail.

I have no idea but I've never seen a single +3 animus in the trade section nor anyone ever talk about having one, but you.

Epidemic it is then, half the people I've been interacting with from the trade forums have one, it's rather widespread. Three friends have one as well.

Keep an eye out.

Epidemic it is then, half the people I've been interacting with from the trade forums have one, it's rather widespread. Three friends have one as well.

Keep an eye out.

Link me some, give me screenshots etc. I guess 99% of all players are completely stupid then and all randomly missed out on a projectile upgrade even though we all were staring at it 24/7 while upgrading. o.o

EDIT: All the pet calculators etc. only go up to +2 as well.

Would if I could, but I've seen so many of these damn things (only an extra projectile, -everything else- is legit) that I actually thought it was true. Was suspicious when my 32'er got no option. But I'll definitely be screenshotting these anytime I see them.

Why not just wait for the source to come out and find out how far it can go? Should be quite a bit easier than calling each other names... Besides its only like 2 days from now

As others have highlighted, feel the joy as your +2 projectile animus eats assassins for lunch, with great vengeance.