Some thought what the game maybe needs

Hi out there

first of all im playing this game a lot and its fantastic. I like how they mixed up roleplay with farming.
But as on every game this one could get a little bit of help to improve in fun.
Ive got many ideas so i just write them down so you can discuss them or even flame me when they are totally insane (sry for the long wall of text)

Make that some areas are best for some gears or the chance that the gear dropps there is better for example the royal gardens is best for godly gloves or something else. So you keep the map attraktive but its still random which armor typ will dropp and its not that there will drop every round a godly glove. Just raise the chance on the maps or toss them in a direction so they stay attractive.

Set Items. Everyone loves Set items. Not the armor set but more Set items with given names. And maybe a bit changing Image of the char (like shiny a bit more or i dont know atm). So you could introduce setitems as a nice more farmable idea. This goes very close with my first idea but instead of making the drop of a rarity high let a set item just drop in certain areas.

Offhand Slot. I think this might come with the barbarian cause he can carry 2 weapons. Maybe then other classes can wield 2 weapons or they change the some weapons are onehanded (high five for example) and some may be two handed (should get their numbers fixed).

Weaponswitch. the cahnce to switch weapons on a char when need. so you can store a second weapon on your char so he can swap it in fight. this makes hybrid builds so more viable and it helps out with some difficulty for example the monk with flying wyvern with lightning resi so he can just swap his range dmg waepon instead of his builder weapon.

A 4th Slot on the tavern and rais a bit the taverns loot. I making oger crush on insane a lot and im geting really ****y items. like some shinmy and polished stuff. thats a bit weird cause its an insane challenge so why not getting better loot.

Real Bossfights where you dant have to wave to them. Like bosses with more stages where he may spawn kreeps so there will be towers needed. Bosses are fun but atm its so long to farm to them even if its not difficult. Everybody can wait for insane summit boss and kill him. But the waves tkae so long to get there and the boss isnt that challenging.

7. New armor types and rarity for the coming content. I think this will too come with the next maps when the barbarian arrieves. but new armor types will needed cause when they raise the lvl cap pristin is way too low then.

So long thats all. I throw my thoughts in so now you can discuss about them or maybe i or we inspire trendy to some new ideas.

mfg
ynphin

1) I think this is covered well enough with challenges and survival and bosses, just need more of these maps with more varied rewards.

2) Agree. Completely. Desperately want DunDef armor sets. Even full item sets, complete with helm, chest, gloves, boots, pet, and weapon.

3) Not needed. Barbarian weapons can simply be a pair of axes contained in one item. Asking them to upgrade multiple weapons isn't fair to them. Neither is allowing other classes to dual-wield.

4) This is an intentional limitation of the system and unlikely to change. Moreover, I don't think it should change. If you want to be able to fight during the combat phase, equip a weapon with damage stats.

5) You get better loot from later levels. Higher difficulty can increase the quality a little, but 3 crystal maps will provide better gear than 2 crystal. This is because the 3 crystal maps are generally more difficult than 2 crystal, even when comparing 2 crystal insane to 3 crystal hard.

6) We've been promised new and interesting bosses already.

7) We've been promised over 100 new items types coming with the DLC this month.

5) You get better loot from later levels. Higher difficulty can increase the quality a little, but 3 crystal maps will provide better gear than 2 crystal. This is because the 3 crystal maps are generally more difficult than 2 crystal, even when comparing 2 crystal insane to 3 crystal hard.

I think he knows that there are better drops, but they are still random like hell. You can grind/farm this maps for hours without getting some loot thats worth in any case... The fact is, that nobody who is still lvl 70 grind on lets say "Deeper Well". The drops are crap even on Insane. So if you would get a helmet on deeper Well after completing the last wave (depending on the difficulty u play) it would be still attractive to lvl 70s. (Same for other Armor types on other maps...)

It's still fun to grind maps for items, but if u reach 70 what maps do u grind over and over gain ? Summit, Glitterhelm and Halloween...

yes thats the point i was hitting on. you only play the maps you mentioned cause it dont make sense to play others normal. Or you play the challenge on this map. But no one plays Royal Garden or Endless Spire for loot cause they are inefficent. SO i would add a bit attractivity to all the other maps you dont play on endgame content atm.

yes thats the point i was hitting on. you only play the maps you mentioned cause it dont make sense to play others normal. Or you play the challenge on this map. But no one plays Royal Garden or Endless Spire for loot cause they are inefficent. SO i would add a bit attractivity to all the other maps you dont play on endgame content atm.

I see what you're getting at, and I like it.

Right now gear drops according to the level you're on. Not the difficulty. So you can play insane The Deeper Well all you want, but you'll get items with 4 upgrades and low stats.

I think the best way to change this would be to both have some effect on the loot instead of just the level of choice.

i think there should be a chest where you can stack your items and improvove the sort of stuff that the shop will give apending on your characters level or something :p

1: These areas do already exist its summit, bonus and holloween. Every game has its endgame content no need to go back. Name any game that makes the chance of getting better loot higher at lower difficulty levels..

2: Agreed

3: Maybe, personnaly I dont see the current valeau of this idea though. Weapons have a secondary function which kinda makes an offhand item no more than a statboost.

4: No, just no, as it currently works the stats of the towers/ auaras switch according to the weapoon you are using. Meening you can have a full tower weapon unless the splitsecond you get in trouble. You onesot the dark eld and a second later your towers are back to uber, this is just cheating imo. Best of both worlds:/

5: AMount of tavern slots is fine. Getting 9 items to pick from is very much as it is. Challenges shouldn't have a high reward. Ogre crush for example is (for a good geared person) very easy and takes only 2 minutes. To be able to buy godly items/ uber pets every 2 minutes for free is a bit ridiculous. Hence the best items should be reserved for maps which
A: Take a lot longer to complete
B: scale much better with the amount of players in game in terms of difficulty.

6: Its just an indie game dont expect intricate programming on bossfights. I for one find the bossfight the right amount of challenging since they destroy your defenses. Once you get some great dps they get easy though.

7: New armor types arent neccessary. At the moment I believe there is no difference between leather and pristine. New armor conteny on the other hand is always appreciated.

Name any game that makes the chance of getting better loot higher at lower difficulty levels..

Dead Island...

[QUOTE]5: AMount of tavern slots is fine. Getting 9 items to pick from is very much as it is. Challenges shouldn't have a high reward. Ogre crush for example is (for a good geared person) very easy and takes only 2 minutes. To be able to buy godly items/ uber pets every 2 minutes for free is a bit ridiculous. Hence the best items should be reserved for maps which
A: Take a lot longer to complete
B: scale much better with the amount of players in game in terms of difficulty.
[/QUOTE]

lastly the vendor got non good items after ogre crush. just shiny and polished maybe a powerful but that is rare. go test it. i mentioned it in my first post so plz read carefully

u know for me its getting kind of boring to always do the same lvl over and over again cause there is no alternative. I find it nice to keep other areas attractive. May it be throug hdropps or other things.

Like u said there is no reason to do other lvls than glitter, summit, spooky when u reach lvl 70.

[QUOTE]6: Its just an indie game dont expect intricate programming on bossfights. I for one find the bossfight the right amount of challenging since they destroy your defenses. Once you get some great dps they get easy though.
[/QUOTE]

these fight last not long enough. like summit solo for example. the build and fight to the boss is about 15-20 min but the boss fight is ... lets say 1-2 min max ... so there is the indifferenz. i would like boosfight which take 5-10 min for it self with different stages.
Yes i know its an indie game but why not try to make some suggestions to keep it attraktive and maybe the devs get to know we would liketo see

Bump... Having the other maps to farm would be great. Spook, Summit and Glitterhelm will grow old eventually for the 70s. I understand they are coming out with more content, but make it to where we can try out new and fun defenses on our lowbie maps. I miss them at times, but the payoff isnt there.

3) Not needed. Barbarian weapons can simply be a pair of axes contained in one item. Asking them to upgrade multiple weapons isn't fair to them. Neither is allowing other classes to dual-wield.

trendy said the barbarian will have two unique weps (e.g. offhand mainhand)

if the barbarian gets an offhand maybe the others will when he came out.
if not i might be a thing to look at. but having a greater variety of slots for the hero and farming different things is great. And what if the offhand has not that great stat but in fakt other specials like increase the speed of you mainhand by one or gives another projektile ( yeah yeah i know sounds very op but the balance is not what i intend to do)