How many people enjoy the build timer on insane?

Im on your side in this argument, but you are hurting your own point by being a child. Make constructive, intelligent replies or shut the **** up and go to bed, because if you are as old as you are portraying yourself with your recent posts, your bedtime was about hours ago.

My point has already been expressed intelligently and comprehensibly for the majority of my participation in this thread. I had to check out of it when kids started to blatantly contradict themselves and resort to ad hominem.

Check your tone, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since your new to this discussion.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I build as I get mana on most insane runs. Otherwise if you wait things are going to get run down and waste mana.

A DPS with a genie takes care of all of my upfront mana costs because 1420 is more than I'll need to get my core defense going. But for the maps that don't give much in the way of starting mana to monsters spawning ratio, I'm staying on my apprentice because the earlier waves are safer to get towers up during combat.

TL:DR: You're an elitist who looks down on everyone and when losing an argument just spams random images.

Hmm. The timestamps on your post history almost implies you've been sitting at your computer looking at this thread since it's creation. How uncanny.

Back on topic: We need a dev or someone to pop in this thread, say the final word and close it. A flame war is in the intermediate stages of breaking out. Nacht keeps flaming people, and both sides are guilty of continuing the ****storm to some degree.

I haven't lost a single argument in this thread. I dropped >mfw pictures when that kid started to contradict himself out of his own zip code. If you think it's even remotely possible to lose an argument to a contradiction then maybe I should post another >mfw quoting you.

TL:DR: You're an elitist who looks down on everyone and when losing an argument just spams random images.

Hmm. The timestamps on your post history almost implies you've been sitting at your computer looking at this thread since it's creation. How uncanny.

Back on topic: We need a dev or someone to pop in this thread, say the final word and close it. A flame war is in the intermediate stages of breaking out. Nacht keeps flaming people, and both sides are guilty of continuing the ****storm to some degree.

If you are going to post about a flame war breaking out, could we try to exercise some restraint in your posting, because them's fightin' words.

My point has already been expressed intelligently and comprehensibly for the majority of my participation in this thread. I had to check out of it when kids started to blatantly contradict themselves and resort to ad hominem.

Check your tone, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since your new to this discussion.

If you don't have anything intelligent left to say, then you shouldn't be posting anymore. Anything of value or intelligence that you may have posted prior to your childish posts have lost all credibility now as well. So, at this point, you have contributed nothing of either value or intelligence to this discussion.

If you are going to post about a flame war breaking out, could we try to exercise some restraint in your posting, because them's fightin' words.

At least what I posted is an actual, legitimate argument, with proof to back it, and not just spamming random images.

Also, to everyone: There's this beautiful thing called an ignore list here. If you go on Nacht's profile and click "Add to ignore list" and confirm, you no longer have to see his crappy attempts at trolling. White boxes it gives you are ugly, but prettier than the crap he posts.

If you don't have anything intelligent left to say, then you shouldn't be posting anymore. Anything of value or intelligence that you may have posted prior to your childish posts have lost all credibility now as well. So, at this point, you have contributed nothing of either value or intelligence to this discussion.

Subjective, and your trying too hard to be an authoritative figure in this thread. Just ignore my existence I don't feel like arguing over something non-game related.

To be fair, GSGregory's writings have been rather absurd.

Stay on topic and drop the attacks and flame war, now. It's a heated discussion but that doesn't give anyone the right to go off attacking each other.

At least what I posted is an actual, legitimate argument, with proof to back it, and not just spamming random images.

Proof to back up what? Lol. This is an opinion-driven debate. There is a poll on top of the thread. What FACTS are there lol.

Obviously, those individuals that complain want the easy way out. I can understand the complaints about not having sufficient time, but if some of these guys have done it then why can't you? If its impossible that no one has completed maps on insane levels then this whole poll shows that the game needs work. However, the achievements prove otherwise.

Insane difficulty is fine with the timers. If you can't do it research, do it over and over. Don't be lazy. There's resouces here on the forums that assist you in beating it. Upgrade your gear. If you can't handle it, just stick with the level you're comfortable with.

This feels like wow lol. Casuals vs Hardcore. Smh (literally!!)

And with what IceArrow says, my response is: Like I said in an earlier post, if there's a troll like Nacht making inflammatory posts, it's possible to ignore their posts entirely, with the forum's built-in function. Use it, instead of taking the trollbait.

Anyway, here's my better thought out input.

At least, to me, the aesthetic of this game seems to be: Think out a map layout, and then execute it, fighting alongside the defenses. The timer seems to break that, since it takes the game towards a more frenzied style, which doesn't fit the game well.

What would make the most sense to me, would be to do something like this: Make the timer an option you can disable on Insane, that the rest of us can toggle off, and *drumroll* for the more hardcore among us, give them the option of leaving it on, with their incentive to do so being a score multiplier. Tada, the ordinaries get their way, and the hardcores get theirs.

Well I like the idea of the timer because it pushes you to think fast especially solo. Where you put your defenses, how much mana can you collect in the optimal amount of time and if you use multiple heroes for your setup who do you use first. Now with the hint that there will be a harder "insane" mode makes me wonder if you don't get a timer at all. It just starts and you're forced to use that hero only throughout the match or like 10 seconds.

And with what IceArrow says, my response is: Like I said in an earlier post, if there's a troll like Nacht making inflammatory posts, it's possible to ignore their posts entirely, with the forum's built-in function. Use it, instead of taking the trollbait.

Calling someone a troll is in itself trolling since it invites response. Keep the ignore instructions neutral if you want to actually claim higher moral ground instead of crawling down in the mud.

At least, to me, the aesthetic of this game seems to be: Think out a map layout, and then execute it, fighting alongside the defenses. The timer seems to break that, since it takes the game towards a more frenzied style, which doesn't fit the game well.

What would make the most sense to me, would be to do something like this: Make the timer an option you can disable on Insane, that the rest of us can toggle off, and *drumroll* for the more hardcore among us, give them the option of leaving it on, with their incentive to do so being a score multiplier. Tada, the ordinaries get their way, and the hardcores get theirs.

Eh, the timer was something they allowed you to turn on/off on all other difficulties but was forced on for Insane. They just removed it from the others since it was exploited to AFK farm since you didn't have to click ready anymore(on Insane the mobs hit too hard for AFK farming to work).

The thing about the timer is that it forces you to execute your build perfectly, and if you mess up you get punished for it since there's not enough time for major rebuilds. That is appropriate for the highest difficulty.

I'm finding this entire thread weird, we're talking about Insane here. The highest difficulty in the game. Why should 'ordinaries' have an easy time with it? Isn't it meant to be something you have to work hard at achieving?

Score doesn't matter. Loot does.

As long as us more "hard-core" player get the better loot than you for completing more difficult content, then fine.

Personally I am indifferent to this mechanic. It's not hard to spend all your initial mana during the first build phase and I would normally finish most building by the end of the second build phase. Beyond that the time limit really doesn't matter much except when it comes to repairing so I'm not so sure it really makes it that much harder.

I do like it, but it's just so low when ur solo-ing. Having enemies come from 10 different sides and then having to switch from your builder class aswell just before the match starts.

Well I like the idea of the timer because it pushes you to think fast especially solo. Where you put your defenses, how much mana can you collect in the optimal amount of time and if you use multiple heroes for your setup who do you use first. Now with the hint that there will be a harder "insane" mode makes me wonder if you don't get a timer at all. It just starts and you're forced to use that hero only throughout the match or like 10 seconds.
Have you try monster feast? the timer go crazy fast and i still wonder today, what's the point on that map o.o;

Calling someone a troll is in itself trolling since it invites response. Keep the ignore instructions neutral if you want to actually claim higher moral ground instead of crawling down in the mud.

Eh, the timer was something they allowed you to turn on/off on all other difficulties but was forced on for Insane. They just removed it from the others since it was exploited to AFK farm since you didn't have to click ready anymore(on Insane the mobs hit too hard for AFK farming to work).

The thing about the timer is that it forces you to execute your build perfectly, and if you mess up you get punished for it since there's not enough time for major rebuilds. That is appropriate for the highest difficulty.

The only reason I called him a troll bluntly is, because, well, he's made obvious inflammatory posts, spammed images from one of those 4chan-type image boards, and goes out of his way to make himself look superior to everyone.

And yeah, I know infinite build time used to be an option for the other modes. Was thinking something similar to that could be implemented on Insane, offering a reward of an end-level score bonus for keeping it on.

But, in the end, how it is is how it is. Insane really wasn't meant for soloing, anyway. I'm on the topic of aesthetics, I might as well bring up the one about this being a co-op game. Still kinda frustrating not being able to solo, but oh well.

I DO say that, even if the timer's going to be removed, the time limit should at least be raised, to give people a little more time to gather their senses of the map.

Have you try monster feast? the timer go crazy fast and i still wonder today, what's the point on that map o.o;

It's a challenge. Can you survive and kill all the monsters before the timer runs out. It's mostly a test of the quality of your DPS gear.

The only reason I called him a troll bluntly is, because, well, he's made obvious inflammatory posts, spammed images from one of those 4chan-type image boards, and goes out of his way to make himself look superior to everyone.

Well, thing is what he does reflects on him, what you do reflects on you. That's why it doesn't matter if someone is a troll or not, it still reflects badly on the poster doing the name calling.

And yeah, I know infinite build time used to be an option for the other modes. Was thinking something similar to that could be implemented on Insane, offering a reward of an end-level score bonus for keeping it on.

But, in the end, how it is is how it is. Insane really wasn't meant for soloing, anyway. I'm on the topic of aesthetics, I might as well bring up the one about this being a co-op game. Still kinda frustrating not being able to solo, but oh well.

The only map I can't solo is Summit, but that's because the Warriors act up so wierdly when you go to kill the Boss. What are you having issues with?

I DO say that, even if the timer's going to be removed, the time limit should at least be raised, to give people a little more time to gather their senses of the map.

As noted previously in the thread, the spawns and map layout are the same on Hard. So it's easy to plan your defence on hard before you beat it on insane.

Personally I am indifferent to this mechanic. It's not hard to spend all your initial mana during the first build phase and I would normally finish most building by the end of the second build phase. Beyond that the time limit really doesn't matter much except when it comes to repairing so I'm not so sure it really makes it that much harder.

To an extremely geared hero the lime limit isn't really a big issue. Your stats in MS and Hero Cast are WAY higher than when you first hit 70 which remedies a lot of the issues outright. The problem is usually the fact that inferior players do not understand how to build properly, be it gear or structure-wise.

The timer on that challenge does cut it a bit close on insane. Barely beating it with less than 10 seconds left on the final wave makes me not even want to touch it with multiple people.

I'm sure he's ignoring me, but am I the only one that read's this guy's post as "it's too difficult with a time limit, please raise it or eliminate it?" I can't be the only one.

"to give people a little more time to father their senses" is another way of saying "make it easier." Am I wrong here? lol