Advents Calender Giveaway 2022

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Invasion OK so after playing this patch for awhile, running many many pub games with players of all status, and chatting with a lot of endgameplayers and confirming many people have so

I'm a Deeper Well enjoyer because I appreciate how it introduces the game to the player, among other things. The layout is very simple, notedly not overly simple, and it grows in complexity as the map

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078994649   I LOVE TEMPLE OF WATER I LOVE TEMPLE OF WATER I LOVE TEMPLE OF WATER I LOVE TEMPLE OF WATER I LOVE TEMPLE OF WATER I LOVE TEMPLE OF WA

Alchemical Laboratory is probably my absolute favorite due to the fact my brothers and I used to farm it back when we played on our xbox 360 as kids.

I still do it randomly just for fun :)

https:/steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199000774972

• Like 1

I love playing "Tower Wars!" with my friends. When I first started playing many years back, we were all low levels with little understanding of how the game worked so when we played that gamemode, it became a back and forth battle with us scrambling everywhere. Definitely a lot easier these days, especially with a good ol Genie!

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018719946/

• Like 1

I'm a Deeper Well enjoyer because I appreciate how it introduces the game to the player, among other things. The layout is very simple, notedly not overly simple, and it grows in complexity as the map progresses. This sets the tone for the structure of maps throughout the rest of the game. This can be seen very simply in Magus Quarters when the structure of the map is drastically changes part of the way through. At first the map only has ground monsters but in later waves they introduce wyverns. These enemies fly on their own path and force the player to redesign and adapt to the change in how the map functions. In Deeper Well the highest doors open up in later waves and function to change the map structure just like the wyverns. The map is also of notable interest to me as I have grown well acquainted with it while attempting to beat the campaign on nightmare only with new characters. As you may know, as a well versed dungeon defender aficionado such as the potential reader of this verbose essay, nightmare seems to be made for the express purpose to return to earlier maps at a more advanced level. The final two unbeaten full game categories are nm new char solo and co-op. Unfortunately this puzzle is a desperately hard nut to crack. With two players in, the first round has a total health pool of 1,052,219 points. Without the single ogre that spawns that total drops dramatically to 61,248. We can whittle this down as well by subtracting the three spiders as they are the same xp as goblins (8) but has 3.4915 times the hp. This leaves 6 goblins and an archer for a total of 25,896 hp and 72xp. Hero dps is out of the question as the best a level one can do is about 10 dps. It would also quickly become obsolete as the maps increase in size later in the campaign. As for towers the options quickly wilt away. Any tower with a physical hitbox must kill the enemies before they can hit it once. Therefore the options left are ensnare aura, proximity mine, and proton beam. Ensnare aura deals no damage but does function effectively as utility. While the prox mine can do 1000 a shot (1433 with 1tdam) it has just four uses (still 4 with 1thp) and its damage output is inconsistent. With just 160 mana in the first build phase the amount of towers is also strictly limited. Lastly we have the proton beam. Very consistent dps, no hitbox, high damage, what's not to love. At 61 damage per tick and 600hp each 5 du beam can do a total of 36,600. For a build total of 146,400 possible damage. This does not account for the ability to place another beam/s midwave. There are many more questions to be had after the first builder is chosen as the second character must be well planned. An added wrinkle not yet mentioned is that with three characters in a djinn spawns on the first wave, it would have 193,333 hp. This means playing 3 or 4 player nightmare new character would be much much harder if not impossible as I have thus far been unable to draw djinn agro. The most optimal strategy I have found for the first 15+ levels seems to be proton beam kill the goblins and archer then reset. 72xp per reset ends up with about 4k xp per hour, ±500 for skill. At 4k an hour it would take 31.47 hours to reach level 20. Luckily XP Bonus exists. This could save a total of 41,533 xp before level 20, equal to 10.38 hours. The largest time save available is an ogre kill. Amazingly possible at just 235.95 dps per tick on beam, or 16 points in tdam which is possible at level 8. One ogre kill is worth a massive 8k xp, plus another thousand for round win rewards. One ogre kill is worth two and half hours of the next fastest strategy. The land beyond the first wave is a mystery. It is likely the first wave would need to get farmed for an extended period of time so that the second character can take down the djinns of later waves adequately. This massive wall of text is just scratching the surface of the complexity that arises from even the most simple and basic map in the game. To me, Deeper Well depicts a great narrative of complexity from simplicity. "Think deeply of simple things" - Arnold Ross paraphrasing Gauss.

STEAM_0:1:52695798 https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065657325

• Like 2

I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION

I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION I LOVE CRYSTALLINE DIMENSION

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055918160

• Sad 1

Infested is quite a nicely designed map in my opinion. Also, I really do enjoy how the pets are related to both the map and the boss with their abilities to match! I really enjoy farming there.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199073661202/

Edited by Zen Dragon

I've been enjoying the additions to the game with the release of patch. It introduced a lot of good changes as well as new maps to play. I really enjoy playing Tavern Incursion when I've got the chance to. The addition of Striking Tree gives another armour farming option and Halloween Invasion introduced a broken staff :)

I'd say out of all of the maps, I currently enjoy playing TI(when I can) the most because of how involved you can be. Everyone plays a part in it, rather than have 3 guys carry and the other 3 just do absolutely nothing and stay dead. The rewards are a nice bonus lol

Bonus: I also enjoyed the event map that you created. We should make that a real map in the game :)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064314810

• Sam116 changed the title to Advents Calender Giveaway 2022