I was playing massacre mixed mode, rifted + HC on Alchemical Labs and at the 800-1000 enemies mark only skeletons with a mix of assassins begin coming out. This slows the map down to a crawl. The map has 1300 enemies with 2 ogres and 300-500 real enemies before this occurs. In my opinion either the map needs to change enemy count or a toggle that makes the enemy count lower but harder sort of like rifted but no need for new loot just 5-10% better loot chance.

This isn't an issue of only Alchemical labs in my experience either it's as a whole on every map.

Edited by flokkabokka

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to this, also the update made this a lot worse with the increased mob count for every map at high survival waves. I think people wanted the waves not to trickle out so that you could be done with the fodder quicker, not just to see more fodder. Also, I thought rifted was supposed to help solve this but I'm only seeing a ~50 mob difference in a wave of 1700+ which is nothing (maybe this is a post-update bug).  I think the mob counts change should be reverted and rifted should get rid of at least half if not more of the fodder,

On 11/20/2022 at 12:48 PM, UnarmedReaper07 said:

Was wondering why I was failing waves after Episode 2 came out......

Unless I am going crazy, I though the update was supposed to taper down on fodder enemies. Grinding tornado value for a level 8 OC beam ruin, I have seen well over 2k enemies at times. (Mixed mode specifically, NMHC)

No, under "Wave Progression Updates" it very clearly says that total mob counts have been increased "to ensure a balance with wave times". The update is meant to increase the number of fodder enemies that come out at a time.

No it definitely goes that high on PC too (after the update). I agree that it's too high right now though, for both platforms.

15 minutes ago, Rhk2019 said:

No it definitely goes that high on PC too (after the update). I agree that it's too high right now though, for both platforms.

Weird. Saw a Juice video and he had about 481 enemies on Wave 100 on Rifted Hardcore Survival