Full disclosure I haven't played the patch yet so everything i say could be irrelevant as well as this is literally the first balance update. However, I feel like in a PvE style game where you don't need to worry about a character being too OP and instead make them fun. This newest patch just nerfed the huntress as a way to get us to play other characters. When I was playing initially I was trying all the characters and personally none of them did anywhere near the damage that the Huntress did and so I wasn't having as much fun on them. In my opinion the Monks abilities and traps didn't scale and the Squire and Apprentice were sort of in the same boat, they need more BAM and POW. Instead of buffing them and making them as enjoyable as the Huntress I now have 0 BAM and POW respectively. In a PvE game and specifically a rogue like there isn't a need to nerf characters to "buff" others. Make them all fun. 

• Like 3

My thoughts exactly. Was the Huntress far stronger than everyone else? No doubt. Was it necessary to nerf HER instead of bringing the rest of the classes to her level? Nope, not at all.

Granted I only play Apprentice and Huntress, I have heard the exact same talking points in regards to the Monk and Squire. These recent changes to Apprentice were super nice, especially Mana Bomb becoming almost an instant cast. But I have to wonder why it's so garbage even after the buff: Its damage doesn't seem to scale that well, especially when you compare it to Arcane Surge that's on a much lower CD, has huge range, pierces through enemies and walls alike, and scales extremely well with runes; let's not even mention the modified version of it, capable of easily downing Ogres with two casts due to its ridiculous damage and 2 second CD (literally a straight up better Mana Bomb in every single way). 

Why is Magic Missile so garbage? Why is Magic Blockade even in Going Rogue? So many weird aspects to this one character I've immediately found, and I'm sure there's more out there, let alone Monk and Squire's.

I would play Huntress because she was the only remotely fun and effective class at a constant basis. If I happen to not get consistently good runes on Apprentice, my run is as good as dead (looking at you Goblin Mech!).

• Like 1

Glad to seem I'm not the only one. In my personal opinion it feels like their killing the game before it's even started, I don't really care to play right now because none of the characters feel fun and especially after doing my speed runs I can beat the game so fast on Medium or Hard.

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback! This is one of our first balance passes, and there will definitely be many more tweaks over time. I feel like the Huntress is still in a pretty reasonable spot (she was SUPER good before) and taking her down a little helps incentivize people to try out other Heroes and strategies. We definitely don't expect to get the balance perfect, especially this early, but we want all the Heroes to be fun to play and have strengths and weaknesses. Fun is definitely the goal here, but we do want to keep all our Heroes reasonably powerful.