Jump to content

Returning to see what is new.


Recommended Posts

It's seems than one of my hipershards of mass destruction is missing, there is any reason towards happen this in game, is bugged or i just lost/forgot in some place around the defenses spaces?

Can somenone give a opinion about the new hero, good or bad for 12k? Why not 10k like the others?

My WM seems to go really nerfed, can't stop enemies for much long now, what is the new or old type of combo that can buy some time with two/three defenses?

Any reason to keep playing the game now instead of let's say 2020 state?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Log a support ticket regarding any missing shards
  • WM was nerfed
  • Reflect Beams became meta but then nerfed
  • Poison + Earth now petrifies (like stun but flying enemies will fall to ground/ drakenlord shield stops working/ and enemies take 5% increased damage)
  • Explosive Traps are meta
  • Initiate now has Water Aura instead of Flame Aura
  • Adept has Flameburst instead of Flamethrower
  • Mercenary is the new hero and has 3 amazing defenses: spiders are awesome roller killers / early onslaught spawn killers, archers are great for CC, and artillery cannon is current low floor / chaos 8 meta due to spiders having innate curse on death that isn't blocked by Tenacity
  • Can buy materials with medals or gems
  • Prime Incursions reward a second set of hypershards
  • Pets now scale on gearscore
  • The upcoming update adds some more QoL as well as new content - looks like 'power creep' is no longer a concern to providing new and challenging content
  • They're actively updating DD2, our last content update was only 3 months ago!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:
  • Log a support ticket regarding any missing shards
  • WM was nerfed
  • Reflect Beams became meta but then nerfed
  • Poison + Earth now petrifies (like stun but flying enemies will fall to ground/ drakenlord shield stops working/ and enemies take 5% increased damage)
  • Explosive Traps are meta
  • Initiate now has Water Aura instead of Flame Aura
  • Adept has Flameburst instead of Flamethrower
  • Mercenary is the new hero and has 3 amazing defenses: spiders are awesome roller killers / early onslaught spawn killers, archers are great for CC, and artillery cannon is current low floor / chaos 8 meta due to spiders having innate curse on death that isn't blocked by Tenacity
  • Can buy materials with medals or gems
  • Prime Incursions reward a second set of hypershards
  • Pets now scale on gearscore
  • The upcoming update adds some more QoL as well as new content - looks like 'power creep' is no longer a concern to providing new and challenging content
  • They're actively updating DD2, our last content update was only 3 months ago!

In first hand ty for the answers.

I need further investigation but it seems to me than just disappeared.I got slapped in ch8 because out of the sudden my Sand viper wasnt with mass destruction.I would like to know how to do it the support option, i may try to complete a incursion again to see if i get back a hypershard if is not the case.

WM and reflect beam i was early enough to notice, WM now doesnt really stop for much time like before.

Dart tower and earthshatter was low key the 2° tier meta.I dont know if any of those tower got cost reduced or improved but seeing like now there is more long range/tower defenses to be used together with sand viper i can see myself using.

I always liked exp trap when i played, used with oil geyser to add some time sink in the spot for the dmg happen.If the game have more option to slow enemies i can see being exploited.

I have the adept not the initiate atleast, seeing how much more defender medals got boosted in use is unlikelly than in a near future i will purchase the initiate.But water aura is a good aura that justify a new unlock?

I have 10,2k medals, i think i can scrap a 12k today but i saw than a new hero will come with fire,oil base defenses.I will see the shards but with the prospect thant 3 out of 4 is good is awesome.

How much materials for medals?  includes pristine cristals?

The problem that i saw with the game is the fact than most towers had problems engaging against curved lanes, you need to place in a straight line which made traps/auras spawn camp way better especially because most of them had sinergy with themselfs.In the end was me playing in a style super risky with a tower than was/is way above avg but creeped the overall lane dmg because i couldn't take advantage of coils destructive pylon with much else.Onslaught being repetitive didnt helped either.

It's good than new things is coming but is enough to keep long term? I dont know.I did a reset after reach ~330 floor with no reset in the past, so the new mastery will be hard to pass by.Just two relics in a good state.I dislike too much the temple map to consider playing even slowly if is to be the same experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Support ticket: https://chromatic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

WM mod stunning revelation had it's storm part removed which removed the self-near permastun it had prior. However, it's still very effective when combined with storm element and using Water Auras.

I forgot to mention that Oil + Fire now ignites enemies and they take 25% more damage while ignited. Fissure now has slightly more DPS than Flame Aura (which is awesome thanks to its greater range for dealing with frosty mobs).

Water Aura is a well balanced case - without Water Jet Shard it's an AoE drench for 30 DU (amazing!). With Water Jet shard it has more DPS against non-frost enemies at the cost of targeting 6 enemies instead of 10. Today's update will bring a new Lightning Strikes Aura shard that splits its damage over 5 enemies.

You can sometimes use the curves to your advantage. E.g. aiming a 'straight line' tower such as PD at the point enemies turn a corner and the corner having something to block/slow their path causes them to bunch up and be hit by the full force of PD.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost half of all my hypershards.  Just gone. I sent in a ticket months ago with no reply and shards still gone. Really pissed off. Preventing me from enjoying any new content.  No idea why ir what happened.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

Support ticket: https://chromatic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

WM mod stunning revelation had it's storm part removed which removed the self-near permastun it had prior. However, it's still very effective when combined with storm element and using Water Auras.

I forgot to mention that Oil + Fire now ignites enemies and they take 25% more damage while ignited. Fissure now has slightly more DPS than Flame Aura (which is awesome thanks to its greater range for dealing with frosty mobs).

Water Aura is a well balanced case - without Water Jet Shard it's an AoE drench for 30 DU (amazing!). With Water Jet shard it has more DPS against non-frost enemies at the cost of targeting 6 enemies instead of 10. Today's update will bring a new Lightning Strikes Aura shard that splits its damage over 5 enemies.

You can sometimes use the curves to your advantage. E.g. aiming a 'straight line' tower such as PD at the point enemies turn a corner and the corner having something to block/slow their path causes them to bunch up and be hit by the full force of PD.

 

Well, now i have certainty that was vanished..Can't even find prime incursions, Somewhow the game is played in this version ch8 for example but i can't acess some stuffs from past versions, since is not registered the prime incursion may be the reason it's gone.

WM was always bad in damage before, only was used because was easy to stop all sorts of enemies.There is probably better option to attach the same value for lower than is now.

This is a change, before was some fix number than just remove oil..Depending how long the burn effect occur and if can stack with other effects i could even trade the anti melee from the sand viper if the prf mod is good.

Tbh from what i saw in a glance a lot changed in terms of defenses like: geyser trap,bees,slimes,volcano,ballista,archers all got better and at the same time i dont know if changed for sand trap,hailstorm and harpy but adding this with other defenses from this new hero make a big difference.

I saw much more yesterday with players placing a boosted storm cannon and a water aura in a initial spawn area, i dont know the state of those defenses but was like three times.At first i imagined than would be a lightining aura style with single target, it's much better being aoe.

I need some help with a good site to provide the infos from what is the current state of the game, most of what appears are outdated even the quoted wiki from here.I dont know what the new hero towers are capable.

I have mix feelings about the game, yeasterday i grinded a little to reach 12k to unlock the new hero but after that is kinda finish, since i can't test properly for many reasons so it was more to release the space so i can just focus in a new hero afterward.They severely reduced ch8 full acomplishment by like 70 motes and 18 crystals which i never liked the unhuman amount of resource required, can buy every shard but is expensive for what is the value of defender medals now.

I think overall the game lack something to make you adapt more than just some lanes with stun negation in onslaught, no specific land scape with rules like mastery to get a "perfect finish map clear" which should be optional if implemented because would require the 900+ not just be random and re-roll locked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there, and apologies this happened. I will follow up with support and see if I can find out any more information.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, [CG] Andrew said:

Hey there, and apologies this happened. I will follow up with support and see if I can find out any more information.

I just send today a exposition of info to try to help fix my problem soon but if is about Jaws mainly is a problem and should have some source of compensation in his case.I never saw a situation before with this game which you lost resource because of a update but it seems than is not uncommon issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I logged in last night first time in a while , I also had lost a whole set of hyper shards. I had 1 for mastery and 1 for prime , I think the the prime changes removed the the prime set as the master set is intact. I also submitted  a ticket this morning 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

before i could only play a level above ch7 with prime incursions on incursions maps, now i can play any map in any difficulty so maybe something got shuffled.For you and Jaws i dont know if happened the same of being unable to find prime incursions at all or is just my account error perks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 6:51 PM, [CG] Andrew said:

Hey there, and apologies this happened. I will follow up with support and see if I can find out any more information.

Ok, so YOU DID IT!!!!! A day or so after that post,  all my hypershards showed up in my mailbox.  I am so happy, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!  I'm a tad sad they are all back at level 1, but not looking this gift horse in the mouth. You are greatly appreciated.  Time to play some DD2!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2022 at 6:54 AM, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

Congratz on finally getting back those Hyper Shards Jaws!!!

Yeah, that totally made my day. Been bummed for a while. Was ready to be done with dd2, but now.....oh yeah!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...