My son and I played 80+ hours of DDA, then abruptly quit playing. Today we decided to download and play again, and while everything went fine for him, all of my data is gone. He still has all his heroes, all his upgrade points, pets, etc. I've lost everything and have to start fresh as if I've never played the game. Any way to fix this? 

My Steam profile: Steam Community :: White Ink
His Steam profile: Steam Community :: Poison

UPDATE: I found my old save data from April 2020, but not matter what I do the game creates a new .esv save file and won't load the old one. The files have the exact same name but for the new one adding "_SECURE" to the end. I did that to the old file and it still created a new one rather than using the old.

Thanks

Edited by Failtard

5 hours ago, kingdiamond1986 said:

There was a update and they start over You dit got gold for it. 

False. The only reset was to leveled up items, as they were rerolled into the new system.

Characters and their levels stayed.

The weird part is that my son and I stopped playing at the same time. He still has all his characters at the correct level. I've lost everything. 

I just logged in and see that I did get some gold. (A ridiculously low amount of gold for everything that I lost; 15k) Everything else was wiped.

We really want to play together again, but not with me starting fresh.

You can try messaging [CG] Philip on the Discord server.  The character data for DDA (at least online mode) is stored on CG servers, so you can't just change your local file.  Doing so might even end up triggering the hacker prevention code and getting your account flagged.

Sorry that you are having this issue! But like Batophobia says messaging Phil on Discord would be a good spot to start. You can also send our support team and email (support@chromatic.games) with all of the information regarding this issue. Hopefully we can get you sorted out!

I actually just had someone look into your issue. Unfortunately, after looking at your backup saves they came to the conclusion that there was really nothing that they would be able to restore. Apologies, as I know this isn't the outcome that you were hoping for.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, [CG] Andrew said:

I actually just had someone look into your issue. Unfortunately, after looking at your backup saves they came to the conclusion that there was really nothing that they would be able to restore. Apologies, as I know this isn't the outcome that you were hoping for.

Sooooo, I just start from scratch again, simply because I left the game for a while and when I returned, everything is gone?

Funny, I just started playing DD2 again while waiting forever to get a response to this thread. I bought the $50 DLC and got nothing for it. I hope I don't have the same response from that ticket....

1 hour ago, Failtard said:

Sooooo, I just start from scratch again, simply because I left the game for a while and when I returned, everything is gone?

Since you said your last save was in April 2020, I think I may be able to give an idea of what may have happened - 

Around May 2020, DDA exited early access. At that time, CG wanted all player progress at launch to be equal and so, decided to create two save profiles - "Play" and "Legacy". All Early Access progressions went into Legacy. This decision didn't sit well with most players that participated in the Early Access which resulted in a heavy pushback. Due to this feedback CG then created the Legacy Transfer tool the following month to rectify the situation. The tool transfers your Legacy progress into Play mode. Legacy mode then eventually becomes unavailable.

Since you did not create a new profile in Play mode during launch as you weren't there, your profiles should be automatically transferred into Play mode after a certain period of time which is most likely why your son's profile made it through. However, there are cases where certain profile didn't manage to make it through. It could be an oversight, mistakes or corruptions but there is a bunch that didn't get transferred over. It seems your profile might be part of that bunch, unfortunately.

Hope this helps in giving you a picture on what may have happened. I'll also link forums posts by CG about Legacy Transfer update for references.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Paloverde. I've already decided not to play DDA now. I'm not much for investing time and losing it all.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:13 AM, Failtard said:

Funny, I just started playing DD2 again while waiting forever to get a response to this thread. I bought the $50 DLC and got nothing for it. I hope I don't have the same response from that ticket....

I just talked to support on this issue, and the pack should be in your mailbox next time you log in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1