Which of my heroes stats is being used on a given tower?

I apologize if this has been covered already somewhere, but it's not something easily searched for.

I'm wondering which of my heroes stats are applied for a specific tower.

For example, if I build a squire :squire: tower but then switch to a :huntress: huntress for the combat wave, does the tower use my :squire: squire's stats? Or the :huntress: huntress'?

the tower uses the stats of the character who built it

even if your huntress upgrades, it'll use the upgrade scaling of the original builder

I apologize if this has been covered already somewhere, but it's not something easily searched for.

I'm wondering which of my heroes stats are applied for a specific tower.

For example, if I build a squire :squire: tower but then switch to a :huntress: huntress for the combat wave, does the tower use my :squire: squire's stats? Or the :huntress: huntress'?

test it and let us know. that's how any of us know anything at all.

To answer your question however:

from my observations my tower stats do not change when I change characters. They still use the stats of the hero who created the tower.

Things do (or at least did) change immediately when you switch GEAR though. I hated leveling, getting an upgrade, and then every tower on the map complaining about not being at full health...

Things do (or at least did) change immediately when you switch GEAR though. I hated leveling, getting an upgrade, and then every tower on the map complaining about not being at full health...
ahaha... i know that one all too well. definitely a pain in the hindside

Very true! And it is a bit disheartening to see all the towers Health Bars decrease when you equip different gear. Even though you know they didn't lose any health but gained a maximum allowed... it still makes you feel like you've lost something.

test it and let us know. that's how any of us know anything at all.

Some would call that re-inventing the wheel. No sense in doing all that work when it's apparently well known info.

Thank you for the answer regardless.

Very true! And it is a bit disheartening to see all the towers Health Bars decrease when you equip different gear. Even though you know they didn't lose any health but gained a maximum allowed... it still makes you feel like you've lost something.
is there any way it could be changed so that if your equipment values change, the relevant stats are refreshed? such as when you increase tower health, your towers are healed?

but you just cant change that, otherwise it could be easily exploited.

if you give the additional hp to the tower and heal that amount when changing gear, you could just unequip and equip your gear after each wave to fullheal mapwide.

if you give the additional hp to the tower and heal that amount when changing gear, you could just unequip and equip your gear after each wave to fullheal mapwide.
because you don't already do that anyways? sure, you'd save like 10 mana. but seriously?

because you don't already do that anyways? sure, you'd save like 10 mana. but seriously?

Your response confuses me a bit.

It would be quite a heavy exploit espcially on insane imho, but I'd love the ability to auto repair map wide at a cost.

If it's percent based it shouldn't be exploitable. If you equip an item that adds 10% tower HP, and the tower is at 90% health, it gains 10% total hp, but stays at 90% health. If you unequip that same piece it would lower by the same 10%, and still be 90% health.

That way you get the benefit of equipping new gear, but it isn't exploitable (at least that I can think of).

I've always felt the best method for handling gear changing HP totals in games is to store the damage taken instead o current hp. If damage taken > max hp, then whatever it is dies. To make the display make sense, just display max hp - damage taken as current hp.

Hence, if HP max changes, damage taken does not change. If you take 200 damage and then gain 400 max hp, you still have 200 hp less than your max. Equally so if you lose 400 max hp.

The alternate is to have the game change current hp by the same amount as max hp.

It's not perfect as either case can result in something qualifying as dead after a change, or gaining a relatively large amount of hp in comparison to what it had. In that case a HP % check like Riddance suggested would prevent any issues. In most cases though, we're not going to be changing gear mid-wave, and certainly not an extreme change, so it wouldn't be too much of a balance issue to begin with.

If it's percent based it shouldn't be exploitable. If you equip an item that adds 10% tower HP, and the tower is at 90% health, it gains 10% total hp, but stays at 90% health. If you unequip that same piece it would lower by the same 10%, and still be 90% health.

That way you get the benefit of equipping new gear, but it isn't exploitable (at least that I can think of).

It is still exploitable by removing all your gear to heal buildings to save a tiny amount of mana. It should still be implemented though since no one in their right mind would do that to save a handful of mana and it makes every thing pretty.

This is useful, though. For instance I sometimes build up with a dps staff out so I can kill monsters if I need to. Then when everything is built I swap in a weapon with great tower stats on it (and pitiful dmg) before switching to my dps character.

It is still exploitable by removing all your gear to heal buildings to save a tiny amount of mana. It should still be implemented though since no one in their right mind would do that to save a handful of mana and it makes every thing pretty.
No, he included it retaining the current percent of damage when unequipping too. The only way to exploit it would be taking advantage of rounding, which would result in very tiny increases at best.