[PC] Huntress Inferno Trap - Nerfed into the ground to unusable or bugged?

Hello,

I am not sure when this happened, but right now, Huntresses Inferno trap is so weak I don't see anyone ever using it. Or am I missing something here?
Here's what I mean:
Huntresses stats:
image.png.047530235b6d2718bb9cab50b62bec71.png

Inferno Trap this huntress produces:
image.thumb.png.b6aec6335cdb9349448fc27606ef206a.png

Err... 7.6k dps? Thats it?
I recall, and I even posted a screenshot of this back in 2020, this trap was one of the better ones and had 0.18s attack rate. (in my screenshot) It could actually do some damage... My huntress had very low stats back then as I wasn't even in massacre yet. (I cant recall what the stats were exactly but i was barely scraping 2k on my highest back then i think.)
Heres the link to the post I'm referencing.

So whats going on here? Was Huntress nerfed at some point and I missed it? One of the later patches with balance changes I saw... was where the trap was buffed in damage... that's all good and stuff, but its still the worst thing I have seen.
My theory, the damage rate is bugged perhaps? Or maybe some re-balancing gone awry?

Please, Someone shed some light on me. Provide me with your infinite wisdom!
:goyay2:

image.png

Judging from your wording im guessing you're playing on massaccre difficulty now? If that is the case once you move into massacre all defenses require more stats to be as effective.

Yeah, but no other defense is this under powered... you can see the lighting spike trap doing significantly more damage. Granted its single target with triple the refresh rate but the dmg is also like 30 times more per second. Instead of using fire traps, just use fire towers and you get way more dmg out of them. Its like night and day. I honestly don't see where you would ever use it O.O
Or am i really missing something here?

traps are well i would say bugged cuz even with 13k rate and a buff beam u cant cap the attack rate out  in massacure while any other tower u hit cap really esay...

A bug? More like a design oversight. Currently, the Inferno Traps' Attack Rate starts out maxed and there's no way to increase it. Defense Speed just lowers Reset Time now.

21 hours ago, Atspulgs said:

Yeah, but no other defense is this under powered... you can see the lighting spike trap doing significantly more damage. Granted its single target with triple the refresh rate but the dmg is also like 30 times more per second. Instead of using fire traps, just use fire towers and you get way more dmg out of them. Its like night and day. I honestly don't see where you would ever use it O.O
Or am i really missing something here?

My huntress is sitting over 8k power and the dps on the inferno trap isn't much better. I would assume this is a bug in how the trap scales power. No way for 1 more DU should an electric aura do significantly more damage with significantly more range. (Not that the aura is overpowered by any means.)