Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So I'm kind of pissed off here. I was wondering why I just couldn't hit 78 XP today. I kept doing various campaign maps, survival, etc. and the XP the game told me I was earning was going no where. I had around 11 mil XP, I did wave 23-25 in a survival map on Nightmare, it said I was awarded around 21 Mil XP. I checked my character sheet and I was at 17 Mil XP. So I only gained around 6 Mil XP. Where the "F" did the rest of it go?!? That's one example. I didn't realize it until recently. Plus the XP wheel has been all over the place. I've done like 3 hours of nightmare content and I'm still lvl 77, what is going on? 

For context here's a screen shot of me before doing some Survival. I start with 7.638 mil, do the map. It says I earned 24.19 mil. when I check my character after the run, I'm at 12.26 mil...WTF?!?

20210809215838_1.jpg

20210809225907_1.jpg

20210809225942_1.jpg

Edited by Tigorus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the end-reward xp gets split between all of the heroes. so lets say you have 6 active heroes in your deck.  24,19/6= bit more then 4 million xp per character. dont know if it still works but nm hardcore the summit campainge was good xp to level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O.k. so this is by design. That's weird and there's soooo many things that the game doesn't tell you. Thanks for clarifying. I was loosing my mind. It's all about the trek to 83 now for massacre. I was going to grind The Summit NM for more Crystals but didn't know it was good for the XP, thanks for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well it kinda does tell you. in the screen where you chose your hero it says "xp is earned equally by all heroes in the hero deck" :D but glade i could help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol yeah it says earned equally not split amongst them. If one earns 10 million they all do, that's the way I read it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't misinterpreted, the game is actually resetting exp gained under certain circumstances. For me it's happened when respawning after a death in HC survival and when returning to the tavern after a victory. I've reset the game and i still have less xp than when i started my first dungeon today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed something as well with XP being reset after the match.  Granted I was only 38, but I was running mines over and over and I saw the exp circle fill during the match.  I also checked the gained xp numbers in stats.  I replayed the same map four times and it kept resetting my xp.  This was yesterday.  I've played today and I've been able to play and gain levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on xbox. Just did a test run in throne room campaign on MHC. The visual aspect of this still occurred but the exp gained was not reset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also experiencing this issue at the moment. Over the last couple of days I have run the Foundries and Forges survival wave 20-25 in Nightmare about 5 times since I noticed the bug. In four out of five times the XP gained has been reset when I return to the tavern after completing the map. This was very noticeable since I leveled to 78 during the map, so I should have been able to equip new items back in the tavern. 

I was playing the offline mode on steam, and noticed the issue both on the Aug 11 hotfix patch and on the latest Aug 13 patch. It might have happened before as well, but I did not notice it before now. I started this offline playthrough after the Episode 1 launch. 

I would also like to add that when restarting a survival map on the offline mode the game does not remember which starting wave was set when starting the map. This issue occurs both when selecting restart map from the menu, or restarting the map from the victory screen. This has been the case as long as long as I can remember, but I am not sure if this is somehow connected to this issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2021 at 6:41 PM, Lohki said:

I've noticed something as well with XP being reset after the match.  Granted I was only 38, but I was running mines over and over and I saw the exp circle fill during the match.  I also checked the gained xp numbers in stats.  I replayed the same map four times and it kept resetting my xp.  This was yesterday.  I've played today and I've been able to play and gain levels.

Was this happening in solo or multiplayer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some additional information for this Post.
 

It looks like theres 3 elements at work here.

Current XP (stat sheet)

Current XP % (circle under name and assumed another background value somewhere)

Xp needed for next level (stat sheet)

when actively in an instance or map. XP gain seems fine for two of those. (amount needed, and the percentage under the name.)
however when checking the stat sheet current xp. its clearly not in sync or correct. (you might gain 10mil but it will only increase by 500k or something)

To explain further:

if you gain 10mil xp during a wave. the stat sheet will only show a fraction gained (like 500k or something).
however the circle percentage under the hero name will have moved 10mil along in terms or progress to next level.
Gain enough XP to level while in the map. and all is great. (stat sheet might show you as only being 10mil out of 50mil but if you gained 50mil, you will still level)

HOWEVER.

if you then return to tavern. before leveling. its like progress is reset to the number on the stat sheet.10mil out of 50mil. now im only 20% along. instead of being at 99% i was before I left the map. its asif theres multiple values being tracked for xp accumilation. and if you get enough in one go. youll level. if you dont do it in that mission though. goodbye massive chunk of XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2021 at 1:23 AM, Sabba said:

Some additional information for this Post.
 

It looks like theres 3 elements at work here.

Current XP (stat sheet)

Current XP % (circle under name and assumed another background value somewhere)

Xp needed for next level (stat sheet)

when actively in an instance or map. XP gain seems fine for two of those. (amount needed, and the percentage under the name.)
however when checking the stat sheet current xp. its clearly not in sync or correct. (you might gain 10mil but it will only increase by 500k or something)

To explain further:

if you gain 10mil xp during a wave. the stat sheet will only show a fraction gained (like 500k or something).
however the circle percentage under the hero name will have moved 10mil along in terms or progress to next level.
Gain enough XP to level while in the map. and all is great. (stat sheet might show you as only being 10mil out of 50mil but if you gained 50mil, you will still level)

HOWEVER.

if you then return to tavern. before leveling. its like progress is reset to the number on the stat sheet.10mil out of 50mil. now im only 20% along. instead of being at 99% i was before I left the map. its asif theres multiple values being tracked for xp accumilation. and if you get enough in one go. youll level. if you dont do it in that mission though. goodbye massive chunk of XP.

After some testing tonight. Confirmed it to be UI bug. no actual XP is lost.

Changing hero,
going to tavern,
dying,
etc.

all the above will reduce the xp wheel down to almost nothign again. (based on stat sheet)

however. the next time you gain xp. (end of a wave) it will go back to where it should be plus what you just gained.

The stat sheet is basically always wrong right now. always telling you that you have far less xp than you actually have.

But no XP is seemingly lost. just tested this multiple times tonight on my grind to 83 from 80.

TL;DR:
No xp is actually lost. it just looks like youve lost it. Stat sheet is incorrectly displaying a low number. which impacts the xp wheel under name.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, Sabba said:

After some testing tonight. Confirmed it to be UI bug. no actual XP is lost.

Changing hero,
going to tavern,
dying,
etc.

all the above will reduce the xp wheel down to almost nothign again. (based on stat sheet)

however. the next time you gain xp. (end of a wave) it will go back to where it should be plus what you just gained.

The stat sheet is basically always wrong right now. always telling you that you have far less xp than you actually have.

But no XP is seemingly lost. just tested this multiple times tonight on my grind to 83 from 80.

TL;DR:
No xp is actually lost. it just looks like youve lost it. Stat sheet is incorrectly displaying a low number. which impacts the xp wheel under name.

Thank you for testing and providing us with all of this info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...