I know it's long been a thing in DD! and now in DDA where we can swap heroes between waves, during the build phase.
So far, that's been fine. As I've been DPSing with the Rogue (Super fun, btw!) with this update, I've realized a new problem come up:
I can't build with the rogue!

"No duh dummy! That's idea" I hear you. hand tight and let me explain:

I love having a DPS only hero. But, when my defenses get destroyed (I'm looking at you fusion ogre who throws kobolds), and while i'm DPSing with the Rogue, I can't build a defense to replace the one i lost in order to get that extra XP at the end of the wave.

"Then just git gud and build better" I hear you say.

I'm not sure how to build better when wisps are supposed to be built near the Warden wall. When the wall gets kobolded, so does the wisp & other Dryad defenses. Er, Warden.

Suggested solution:
Allow us to hero swap during the combat phase, like we can in DD2. I really like that feature. Any chance we can have that in DDA?

9 hours ago, Big_D_N_Lil_J said:

I'm not sure how to build better when wisps are supposed to be built near the Warden wall. When the wall gets kobolded, so does the wisp & other Dryad defenses. Er, Warden.

That's the challenge of building with wisps.  If this is giving you consistent trouble, why not use long-range Apprentice defenses instead?

Also,

9 hours ago, Big_D_N_Lil_J said:

I can't build a defense to replace the one i lost in order to get that extra XP at the end of the wave.

Are you talking about the Master Builder award for using all the DU?  I thought that was a fixed super low amount of XP that is basically nothing after the first couple of levels, and that you don't get it if you rebuild destroyed towers anyway.  Might be wrong but I'm sure that's how it used to work.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, loppol11 said:

That's the challenge of building with wisps.  If this is giving you consistent trouble, why not use long-range Apprentice defenses instead?

Also,

Are you talking about the Master Builder award for using all the DU?  I thought that was a fixed super low amount of XP that is basically nothing after the first couple of levels, and that you don't get it if you rebuild destroyed towers anyway.  Might be wrong but I'm sure that's how it used to work.

Yeah, master builder for each wave. I really don't know how much it is these days, either.
What I really want is to be able to hero swap during combat anyway. I'm just looking a reason to request it :-P

I seconded the suggestion. Hero swapping was great in DD2. 

Then again, once you hit a certain point in DDA almost all heroes can do the same as other heroes. Granted, some much more effectively than others with stats allocated correctly.
But long are the days behind me when my builder couldn't hit something decently hard. :D