Early Warden Feedback

Title was original:  "Warden Overtuned?", changed it to add more.

Started playing a new Warden and starting from the beginning.  A single wisp can hold a lane all by itself.  I faced the first boss, and it was dead before I even saw it.  Playing on medium atm, and I realize I can bump it up.  But even medium shouldn't be THIS easy.

The other feedback I have.  I enjoy her abilities, and primary/secondary attack.  I think the secondary could use a better animation, but whatevs, no biggie.

Balance aside, I also enjoy her defenses.  However the animations for both the Wisps and Sunflower are....disappointing.  And the mushrooms feel like a cheap version of the Slime Pit.  For the most part, the Warden feels like a Dryad who was created 15 years ago, instead of a modern game.

I was really hoping to see the wisps actually fly around and float through enemies like ghosts or something, similar to their passive stance.  The twirling wisp animation just seems kind of cheap.

The Sunflower could have definitely used a buildup animation to make it look more badass.  Instead of just, SNAP, SINGLE BEAM.  

Sure the instant animations are good for efficiency, but I just think they are kinda ugly.  Its not something cool that would grab me.

Also, I preferred how the Slime Pit worked for Dryad, over the mushroom.  They were cuter too, but not a necessity heh.

Besides those criticism's, I think Warden is on a good path, just needs some changes to really make it awesome.

Signed,

Some casual DD player who doesn't know what they are doing 

Edited by Klaleara

• Klaleara changed the title to Early Warden Feedback
20 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Warden feels like a Dryad

:gobuthonk:

On 8/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, Batophobia said:

:gobuthonk:

Not sure why you snipped only part of a sentence, or what that "emote?" is supposed to really represent.

It is Batophobia's vague disbelief that you would have the statement of the Warden feeling like the Dryad, when it was announced I think CG's original post was, the Dryad having been reborn as the Warden. 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, Klaleara said:

The twirling wisp animation just seems kind of cheap.

Could be consider cheap, or to me I get the feel of an angry hornet's nest vibe. They're all chilled out until something mean comes along and they go into a frenzy to attack the target.

The Sunflower could have definitely used a buildup animation to make it look more badass.

I like the SNAP BEAM attack. Imagine walking up on a pretty little flower, only you get just a hair to close and out comes the monster beaming photo-synthesized destruction right into your face. Almost jump-scary.

I faced the first boss, and it was dead before I even saw it.

This. Wisps are a little over tuned at the moment. Not that I'm complaining that much about it, they're letting me have some easy grind-sessions. But comparatively to other defenses, they are the king of the castle currently.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, Renekou said:

It is Batophobia's vague disbelief that you would have the statement of the Warden feeling like the Dryad, when it was announced I think CG's original post was, the Dryad having been reborn as the Warden. 

Could be consider cheap, or to me I get the feel of an angry hornet's nest vibe. They're all chilled out until something mean comes along and they go into a frenzy to attack the target.

I like the SNAP BEAM attack. Imagine walking up on a pretty little flower, only you get just a hair to close and out comes the monster beaming photo-synthesized destruction right into your face. Almost jump-scary.

This. Wisps are a little over tuned at the moment. Not that I'm complaining that much about it, they're letting me have some easy grind-sessions. But comparatively to other defenses, they are the king of the castle currently.

That was my guess, but my point was more that the Dryad felt better than the Warden.  Animations are smoother, and the towers felt more unique and interesting.  Cept the Harpie, that was mediocre.

The animations are obviously opinion based.  Definitely feels like its missing entire sets of frames to me.

--------

Glad to hear you agree about the Wisps though, was wondering if that type of power was just expected in this day and age.  Its been a minute since I've bothered playing.  Enjoyed the Dryad, so wanted to try out the Warden.