[Suggestion] More variety among weapons and armours is good and should not be changed (PTR)

The PTR has a feature where weapons and pets provide Hero stat increases while armour provides Tower stats. 

Previously (as in current live patch), both archetypes of stats could be found on any piece of gear. This allowed characters to be strongly specialized for Tower play or as impressive DPS characters. 

Moving forward, I believe that homogenizing each character to be 'good' at everything takes away the possible character diversity that existed before - it was fun, unique, and creative to have several of the same character that did different things well - it would be a shame to lose that. 

If the gear that got dropped was more specific, such as a weapon that has only Tower stats or armour that has only Hero stats - plus vice versa, it would be a healthier change altogether.  

I believe the idea is to make it so all your heroes can be useful in both build phase and combat phase.  It also doesn't prevent you from having multiple of the same hero for various specialties, but it can allow you to start combining some together.  Personally, I like the change, but it definitely can take some getting used to.