Switch: Local co-op? Local play?

So the switch version is finally coming out (YAY!) and it's coming out the day before I get on a plane.

Will the game have:

- Split screen

- Local network play? Like animal crossing & mario kart, so my wife can join in on a local game?

- Local gameplay, so I can play whilst on a plane ie. no need for an internet connection

Regardless of any of these answers, I look forward to playing it on the Switch!

Bit sad to hear about cross-platform saves too, that it isn't in, but I suspect that'd only be possible for an always-online gameplay mode anyway, for synchronising etc.

13 hours ago, prostheus said:

Split screen

Not at launch.  This is still being worked on.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:02 PM, prostheus said:

So the switch version is finally coming out (YAY!) and it's coming out the day before I get on a plane.

Will the game have:

- Split screen

- Local network play? Like animal crossing & mario kart, so my wife can join in on a local game?

- Local gameplay, so I can play whilst on a plane ie. no need for an internet connection

Regardless of any of these answers, I look forward to playing it on the Switch!

Bit sad to hear about cross-platform saves too, that it isn't in, but I suspect that'd only be possible for an always-online gameplay mode anyway, for synchronising etc.

Hey prostheus,

There won't be any local multiplayer functionality at launch - you will need to join other online Switch friends for multiplayer. We're working on split-screen, but we need more time to clean up that feature before we add it to DDA. 

You should be able to play on Switch without internet connection. (If at launch something seems off with that, please let us know.)

We're really excited to show off our hard work on Switch!! Thanks for all the support.