1 hour ago, xzxinflamesxzx said:

Does this game have cross save? Want to pick up on the switch but don't want to start from scratch.

We have not added cross-save functionality to any platform for DDA yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really hoping this becomes a thing.  I'd love to be able to play on PC, then continue on switch when I'm not at home.

Judging by the emails sent out, there is a chance Cross-Save may exist by the time some of us actually get our Switch keys...

(That's a joke about the possible length of the delay due to tax documentation, not that there is word on when cross saves are here.)

It seems that cross save functionality has been put back for an unknown amount of time. It is unclear what the issue is or how much a priority it is for CG at present. They only tell us that it is still planned but wont be for a while. Its a little trying to find out when PS4/5 release will be, no actual news. Hopefully by the time PS launch cross save will be a thing but we cannot be sure.

Wait....so how long has cross save been pushed back? I bought this across 2 systems just because of the cross save advertised in the Kickstarter, redeemed my backer rewards on Steam, and am now stuck waiting to start my Switch version so I don't loose my rewards.

22 hours ago, TheDarkKnightX said:

Wait....so how long has cross save been pushed back? I bought this across 2 systems just because of the cross save advertised in the Kickstarter, redeemed my backer rewards on Steam, and am now stuck waiting to start my Switch version so I don't loose my rewards.

Same here.  There's no date on it yet, but I think they were planning on having it out before Episode 2.  Since there's no cross-play either, it might be a thing that they wanted each platform to have a "clean" launch.  That way you don't have brand new players missing out on things because of those from other platforms.  Honestly, it's been so long waiting for the Switch version that I don't mind just considering it not released until cross-save or split-screen are added.

23 hours ago, Batophobia said:

Same here.  There's no date on it yet, but I think they were planning on having it out before Episode 2.  Since there's no cross-play either, it might be a thing that they wanted each platform to have a "clean" launch.  That way you don't have brand new players missing out on things because of those from other platforms.  Honestly, it's been so long waiting for the Switch version that I don't mind just considering it not released until cross-save or split-screen are added.

I'd be happier if either function was currently looking close...I started dabbling on the Steam version of the game and redeemed my backer rewards there. Huge mistake as my friends all have this on Switch now (I have a Switch copy.......but who really wants to start over again) and feel locked out of playing with them until either one of these features is here.