How do I get a mod to max level?

Ive seen players have mods that says its level 10 (green colour.) While the best mod that ive got is level 4 i think. Is it luck that can give mods that are level 10 or can  i upgarde my mods?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's mostly luck. Any gear that mods come on can get any value from 1-10, so best to farm on C7 so you don't have to upgrade the mod if you do get a 10. 

One note- CG put a max amount of time you play in game without a 10 dropping,  meaning you are guaranteed one if you play long enough. I forget how long, but if you play regularly you should at least 1 a week if not more. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You are guaranteed one every 8 hours if you do Private games solo. This timer also accelerates for every player that joins your game. They can also be naturally chanced.

The other option is you attempt a reroll of the Servo via Tokens. This method has a failsafe at 286 or more (worst I have taken is 300). Only use this method if you are swimming in medals, gold and got A LOT of tokens.

To reroll a c7 mod to 10, you will need at least:

• 3.15M Gold or 3718 Medals
  • 858 Pristine Motes (takes 172 games on C7)
  • 286 Pristine Tokens (takes at least 143 games on C7 or Onslaught)

If you wish to save on resources, do your rerolling at Campaign to Chaos 3, best right after an AP Reset. The worst case scenario for Campaign to Chaos 3 requires at least:

• 715k (Campaign) - 1.01M Gold (Chaos 3) or 3718 Medals (Regardless)
  • 572 Plain Motes (takes 115 games on C3)
  • 286 Basic Tokens (takes at least 143 games on C1-3)

I go into better detail over these explanations in the Rerolling Attrbutes on Gear section on my guide, found here.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 1