PTR tower attack speed is capped at 0.5

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but it seems many of the towers rate of attack has been capped out on the PTR. For the apprentice the magic missile and fireball tower are capped at 0.5 attack speed. The deadly striker tower is capped at 1.0 attacks per second. Same for the Squire and his harpoon and cannon towers they are both capped at 0.5 attack speed.

There are also some other strange things going on. For instance putting more points into Def. Rate won't increase the attack speed beyond the 0.5 cap but for some reason it does increase how hard the tower hits but not as efficiently as simply putting more points into power. I sincerely hope that capped attack speed isn't an intentional balance decision as I believe that would be a mistake. I noticed the change immediately and honestly it just made me turn the game off and lose any interest in exploring the PTR any further.

If I had to venture a guess I would say this has something to do with the game coming to Switch and toning down the amount of projectiles so it will be easier to handle on weak hardware. I just hope that the game doesn't get watered down on the PC version to cater to console players.

Edit: Apparently it's intentional.

Edited by VillainousTaco

It's a terrible change, and I profoundly dislike it.  It has very quickly soured my interest in this patch, and it's heartbreaking because this patch was looking to bring me back into the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I really dislike the change, and I wish they found some other compromise to get it running on the switch. It ruins the feel of the game for me, and I doubt I'll play the patch when it comes out if the defense rate stays this way. I was quite interested in the new heroes and maps too.