Placing Overclock beam very frustrating

Posted (edited)

Ok so I just returned to DDA, and im trying to get used to the EV and her overclock beam. It's extremely twitchy when it comes to what it counts as being on the beam, and what it doesnt. 

I placed a beam with 6 DST in my initial build. Then, unfortunately, a rift delf destroyed two of my dst, and the beam went down. So trying to place the beam again is like 20 minutes of Frustration. Even if the beam is actually TOUCHING one of the DST, that  DST isn't receiving the clock buff. Could you please consider tweaking the mechanics here so placing and replacing a beam isn't so increadibly frustrating?

Screenie

Edited by krsans78
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I remember in past Dungeon Defenders, looking at the beam said specifically how many towers were getting buffed. That feature needs to make a return and it needs to show up in real time while the beam is being placed so we dont have to guess. Maybe light up the towers in a different color while building the beam.... something.

Edited by Vindicit
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 7:26 AM, krsans78 said:

Ok so I just returned to DDA, and im trying to get used to the EV and her overclock beam. It's extremely twitchy when it comes to what it counts as being on the beam, and what it doesnt. 

I placed a beam with 6 DST in my initial build. Then, unfortunately, a rift delf destroyed two of my dst, and the beam went down. So trying to place the beam again is like 20 minutes of Frustration. Even if the beam is actually TOUCHING one of the DST, that  DST isn't receiving the clock buff. Could you please consider tweaking the mechanics here so placing and replacing a beam isn't so increadibly frustrating?

Screenie

Based on that screenshot, it looks like the tower isn't touching the literal beam, which is how the buff works. It won't count if it's touching the beam holder - needs to be the beam. With that said, we've been in discussion about the placing mechanics, so it's something on our radar. 

• Thanks 1