How does the new Burning Debuff works?

Does this new debuff affects *any burning enemy*? or *just enemies who have been specifically oiled first and then lit?*

• Like 1

Great question,  because Burning Strikes could become super OP

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Great question,  because Burning Strikes could become super OP

Tru dat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barnowear said:

Does this new debuff affects *any burning enemy*? or *just enemies who have been specifically oiled first and then lit?*

The new combo is Ignite and Burning Strikes "Burns" an enemy, so think of it like fire dmg over time. In order to get the Ignite you would need an Oil source to Oil an enemy so the Fire dmg over time can Ignite them to get the bonus dmg modifier.

30 minutes ago, Exglint said:

The new combo is Ignite and Burning Strikes "Burns" an enemy, so think of it like fire dmg over time. In order to get the Ignite you would need an Oil source to Oil an enemy so the Fire dmg over time can Ignite them to get the bonus dmg modifier.

I guess thats the idea, but is it confirmed to be that way?

4 minutes ago, Barnowear said:

I guess thats the idea, but is it confirmed to be that way?

Yea thats what we've seen when tested. Makes sense given the wording since on multiple occasions the word "Burn" or "Burning" comes up and those need an oil source to get the bonus dmg from ignite

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, Exglint said:

Yea thats what we've seen when tested. Makes sense given the wording since on multiple occasions the word "Burn" or "Burning" comes up and those need an oil source to get the bonus dmg from ignite

Then what about drakenlord who shield only drops when ignited - which burning strikes does? Fire DOT like burning bolts doesn’t drop his shield...

2 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

Then what about drakenlord who shield only drops when ignited - which burning strikes does? Fire DOT like burning bolts doesn’t drop his shield...

I would imagine that Chromatic knew we liked this and coded it specially to drop his shield but also require an oil source to get the debuff, since everyone who breathes uses Burning, so giving it the debuff would be broken

We can speculate all we want,  and they can intend it to work however they want, but I'd say some heavy testing will need to be done when it goes live on ps4 to see how it's actually occurring.  There are many ways to burn outside of oil,  plus many ways to oil, and we should verify all of them. Gonna be hard to test non oil orgins though because what numbers will you compare them against to verify? With oil, just remove oil to get normal burn damage.  But any non-oil possible orgins will have no off switch per se. Hmm.....

Could this mean that oil servos for def will come too? Or frost? Not a lot of def have these options at this time. 

• Like 1

I havent tested it myself but PC players are already saying you need oil for Burning Strikes to get the ignite debuff. Im not going to say it does or doesnt because I dont want to eat my words on something I didnt test myself :P

• Like 1