Sign in to follow this  
QOL enthusiast

List of QOL

Old player return from the nightmare days, took a break through protean and came back like 3 weeks ago. Really enjoying my time and pushing for onslaught floors. However I think the game could use some quality of life features. While I know DD2 has stopped active development I think some QOL features could assist in retaining players. 

- Gilded shards: A way to slowly upgrade a gilded shard instead of doing all 10 at once. Inventory management becomes way too much.

- Hero deck: This might be a big change but the limitation to 4 hero hotkeys is way too small with the vast amount of builds you can do in this game

- Ascension point reset: I'm pretty sure they're aware of this but you can create a new hero instead of spending 200 defender medals to reset your ascension, why not just make it free? 

- Key bindings: Not sure if already in game, but the ability to select hotkeys for each hero instead of all hotkeys being global 

- Drops: Contentious point as I think balance is a question, but I don't think you should be getting drops for heroes you don't have purchased/own. I'm never going to buy the Adept or the Initiate so I would like to stop getting their shards when I'm trying to get shards for towers for builds.  

Sorting

- A way to sort by ascending/descending mod quality

- A way to ignore/stop auto collecting gear with no mods

- Separation between pet food and materials in the auto collect option

- Ability to sort through inventory but not change equipment during waves. If you're farming or leeching, there's usually a lot of down time during waves. The ability to sort during waves would help with those who join others and don't want to worry about others telling you to ready up. 

- Ability to look at material vault instead of having to go to the vault itself 

Player map control

- Ability to be the leader of the lobby. 

- Leader should be able to kick others without having to vote (if you have a public lobby, 1 person can join and you have no control)

- Leader should have total control of when to ready up (important when leeching or when you're solo building) 

- Leader should have all mana transferred to them in the beginning of the build phase 

Also on that note, there should also be a way to block or blacklist people. There's one person on EU who just joins lobbies with his ready up and drop mana script and starts the count down timer. 

30 minutes ago, QOL enthusiast said:

While I know DD2 has stopped active development I think some QOL features could assist in retaining players.

Im just going to assume you came to the forums with the specific purpose to drop your piece. I would suggest going to the "News" section or trying out one of the other sources Chromatic uses to get information out there. In approximately 7 hours from the time of my posting PC will get an update to DD2 and a week from now the consoles will get that update as well.

I will add that a few of your points are already a thing ingame.

1 minute ago, Exglint said:

I will add that a few of your points are already a thing ingame.

Curious to as which features are already in game? I know the mod quality sort thing will highlight the level of the mod but the sort function sorts on power level I believe. 

1 minute ago, QOL enthusiast said:

Curious to as which features are already in game? I know the mod quality sort thing will highlight the level of the mod but the sort function sorts on power level I believe. 

Sorts 1 -> 10 or 10 -> 1 mod level, 10s are always good and 1s arent great. The sorting only cares about mod level which is all they can look at.

The one about not collecting gear without mods you just need to turn off auto loot of white/green items since they are the only ones that have no mods.

A few I know are already answered by devs to be a "no" are - The whole player control of maps section, inventory during waves, Gilding shards, hero deck, keybinding, and drops based on owned heroes.

The no part is either a straight "no" or a "We cant/wont Because of X, Y, Z"

10 minutes ago, Exglint said:

The one about not collecting gear without mods you just need to turn off auto loot of white/green items since they are the only ones that have no mods.

This doesn't seem to apply to auto-collect for the chest ones? 

Gilding shards seems to be an interesting one, was there a reason as to why we can't just can't do 1 by 1? 

The chest ignores auto collect rules unless you open it and the items are on the floor where they will obey the auto collect rules. As long as you have auto collect set on at least one bag it will grab everything out of the chest.

The Gilding shards one will probably be an answer you dont want. The last we heard on it, there would be tracking issues for shards that are stacked which is why we dont have that option either. They also mentioned in their live stream when they released Gilding that it was designed to be an endgame player activity and was supposed to take long periods of time to do. I would go with asking them to do shard pack stacking or un-upgraded shard stacking as that would also fix your issue with inventory.