After the latest update 1.3 the game has had a significant reduction in ememy spawns which I feel has drastically reduced the overall difficulty and enjoyment the game can offer, it's super easy now, even for lower stat players, clearing content is a breeze.

New players are clearing all of the content within a week of release. Is this good for the game? It's definitely not.

The DST meta is even stronger now with the enemy reduction, allowing players to just stack 12-14 DST's with an ensnare and steamroll content. Every map, ever game you join is the same build and it sucks. There's no variation on builds, no skill and no adrenaline fuellled energy involved at all when playing online with others.

I used to play multi online sweating from my eyeballs and my heart racing, clinging onto life for that team win, everyone busting ass to claim the prize. That feeling of achieving a hard earned win is what gamers want right? Now it's just meh, super boring. Everyone can sleep 5minute between each round then 'g' up and it's a win. 

New players are losing out on enjoying all that DDA has to offer, learning all the mechanics of the game and different hero's set ups because all they know how to do is ask what gemstone you need and just sit there doing nothing with 10k HP in an end game map.  It's sad.

Most players would rather be carried thoughout all the content rather than even experience the epic battles and struggles you can encounter levelling up from 0-100. 

I'm not here to tell people how they should be playing but I think the difficulty is a major issue that needs to be addressed. Or at the very least, can we hope the DLC will offer increased difficulty overhaul to all the maps? If all the new content is steam rolled the same way, it won't be long before people move on. 

I did notice there was a significant difficulty difference between DD1 and DDA, Played half way through the campaign on medium, switched it to hard then I was on insane rifted before I hit level 50-60 because even normal hard or insane was way to easy, I was working through nightmare before I was even playing for a week and ngl I was a little disappointed lol i’m really hoping The DLC ends up being a massive challenge compared to the base content we have how. Even Glitterhelm  is a breeze 

I do not share your opinion I would not say this game is easy let me try to explain why:

DDA was easy always until Nightmare and then harder when transition to Massacre.

Now there are lot of people giving advices and builds public which you can just copy or implement, there are guides and youtube videos.

So I would not say the game is easier - its just you can find most of information you need to progress.

Then there are people who are getting carried - which I do not consider the fault of easiness of the game - just lazy people in general who does that.

Rifted mode became harder actually - as the enemies did not get reduced there but they got HP buff. CG focused on normal not rifted mode to speed up the normal progression curve.

I was watching a lot of new players on XBOX on Twitch when patch came out and I can assure you that they all struggled at some point.

I think the game is in decent state now balance wise - maybe little buffs to other defenses or nerf to DSTs -  the only thing we need now is more content - more maps - more endgame challenges for people who reached the peak of the game.

For new players there is a content for at least tens of hours at least or couple of hundreds.

If you dont like DST meta - dont use it. Try to use other defenses - it is possible - it is much harder but possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atharix said:

I do not share your opinion I would not say this game is easy let me try to explain why:

DDA was easy always until Nightmare and then harder when transition to Massacre.

Now there are lot of people giving advices and builds public which you can just copy or implement, there are guides and youtube videos.

So I would not say the game is easier - its just you can find most of information you need to progress.

Then there are people who are getting carried - which I do not consider the fault of easiness of the game - just lazy people in general who does that.

Rifted mode became harder actually - as the enemies did not get reduced there but they got HP buff. CG focused on normal not rifted mode to speed up the normal progression curve.

I was watching a lot of new players on XBOX on Twitch when patch came out and I can assure you that they all struggled at some point.

I think the game is in decent state now balance wise - maybe little buffs to other defenses or nerf to DSTs -  the only thing we need now is more content - more maps - more endgame challenges for people who reached the peak of the game.

For new players there is a content for at least tens of hours at least or couple of hundreds.

If you dont like DST meta - dont use it. Try to use other defenses - it is possible - it is much harder but possible.

Pretty much this.  The biggest challenge this community faces is understanding that they've mastered the game, and have mastered it for a long time.  Asking to up the difficulties because the upper end of players has mastered this game, which is almost a carbon copy of the original, is only going to ensure that no one new plays the game.  And right now, the last thing this game needs is to close the doors to new players.

• 3 weeks later...

My bro feels like quitting the game based on difficulty. Solo on Massacre and the difficulty spike from two or more players in the game. 

* My birthday is this weekend.