DDA Issue Reports and Workarounds

DEFENDERS,

After our Dungeon Defenders: Awakened launch on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One with Update 1.3, we received feedback from defenders who experienced a variety of crashes and bugs. While we work on addressing those issues in the studio as quickly as possible, we wanted to give you all the rundown on what crashes we’re seeing, as well as how to work around these issues to avoid interruptions in Etheria.

PC/Steam and Xbox

Resetting Hero Stats on Gamepad

Problem
Defenders are noticing their stats reset when they press down the controller’s left thumbstick (LS) when in either the Inventory or Stats panels.

Workaround
For now, avoid pressing your controller’s left thumbstick when in the Inventory or Stats panels.

Missing Loot in Mixed Mode and Pure Strategy

Problem
When playing Mixed Mode and Pure Strategy on Massacre difficulty, defenders are noticing there are no loot drops.

Workaround
Defenders can still progress through these game modes normally, but you won’t be able to receive loot until we can get a hotfix out. Best to avoid these for now, why even bother if there is no loot!

Xbox Only

Multiplayer Tutorial

Problem
Our new tutorial is causing crashes when defenders enter it in multiplayer mode. This can happen when more than one defender attempts to join the same tutorial or when defenders are invited to join during a tutorial. The tutorial was only meant as a single-player experience and seems to take issue with friends.

Workaround
To avoid crashing, defenders will need to complete the tutorial individually. The Ancient Mines map will open after the tutorial is completed, so all defenders who want to play in online multiplayer should individually complete the tutorial. Then, defenders can rejoin multiplayer in later maps.

Returning to Tavern after Invitation

Problem
Defenders are experiencing a crash when attempting to return to the Main Menu after inviting a third person to a group.

Workaround
Avoid attempting to return to the Main Menu after inviting additional people to your group.

Transmog System

Problem
When using the Transmog system (available at the Blacksmith), some defenders have experienced a crash after they save and exit.

Workaround
Unfortunately, we have no workaround for this at this time, but this issue does not seem to be happening to everyone. As we research further into this we will have more to share with you all.

Multiplayer Clients Not Healing

Problem
When in multiplayer, clients are not able to heal themselves during combat. Hosts are able to heal, though.

Workaround
At this time, clients’ healing during combat will not work properly until we can get a hotfix out.

We are aware of other smaller crashes and bugs that some defenders are running into on top of these issues, too. The dev team is working hard to figure out the causes of these issues and push out a hotfix as soon as possible.

Social Defenders

To stay up-to-date on the latest news from Chromatic Games and the Dungeon Defenders franchise, follow us on all our social channels:

For Etheria!
Chromatic Games

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dear [CG] Brittani

0. [Xbox Series X - 1.2.1.22975] Using LS Button in the Inventory resets Hero Stats.

Problem:

Everytime, when I click LS Button in the Inventory my Hero Stats resets to 0.

Solution:

Need to be fixed :)

Chromatic Games confirmed problem:

Yes.

1. [Xbox Series X - 1.2.1.22975] No separated values in Options for each account on Xbox Series X is frustrating.

Problem:

I have got 4 account on my Xbox Series X. When I launch DDA for example on the 1th account and I change some values in Options (Main Menu) and save changes. I quit the game and login to my 2nd account and launch DDA, all values in Options are the same as on 1th account. It shouldn't be, because one family member on 1th account would like to have different values in Options for example volume of Audio, Auto Aim, Disable Profanity Filter etc. and other family member on 2nd account need to change value in Options everytime game is launched.

Solution:

Need to be fixed :) - Options should be separate for each account of Xbox Series X.

2. [Xbox Series X - 1.2.1.22975] No cinematics for Bosses before battle.

Problem:

When I reach Boss fight in Act1/2/3, after counting Boss arrives, but there is no cinematic intro for this Boss, just battle begins after counting.

Solution:

Need to be added :)

3. [Xbox Series X - 1.2.1.22975] Options reverts to factory default on each new day.

Problem:

I played DDA on 17th March 2021 and set values in Options and save changes. When I played DDA the day after 18th March 2021 values in Options reverts to factory default, so I need to change them again. I have done an experiment and guess what, I played DDA today and what? Yep, values in Options are again factory default. So it's related with new day, each day they revert back to factory default.

Solution:

Need to be fixed :)

Sincerely

Edited by VAMET

Would you guys know why I keep getting kicked out of my friends game on PC I dont get a error or anything just get put back into my own tavern on DDA.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:11 PM, TheEndMaker said:

Would you guys know why I keep getting kicked out of my friends game on PC I dont get a error or anything just get put back into my own tavern on DDA.

Hey TheEndMaker, is this still happening to you? And you're only kicked out of a map when playing multiplayer?

Posted (edited)

The following achievements do not unlock when completing the campaign on "easy," on Series X. 

From the Depths 

To the Rooftops 

A taste of victory

Work around: Achievements unlock on medium or higher difficulty.

Edited by Langor

21 hours ago, Langor said:

The following achievements do not unlock

Achievements have been unreliable since they were first added.  I somehow managed to get "Completed all maps on Hard" but not get "Completed all Act 3 maps on Hard"

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On xbox one im getting 5 minute loading times between games and my monk and eva characters weapons are dissapearing on equip and reverting me to default weapons. I play solo games.

• 1 month later...

I just bought this game a couple of days ago for Xbox one X and it feels like half a game. I loved the original DD but not DD2 so much, so I got this hoping it would scratch the itch, only to find a shell of my former love. I can deal without the community because I love playing solo anyway, but I can't connect to anyone's games, there are no venders at all, and the tavern is just an empty building with a big rock in it and 2 NPCs that do absolutely nothing but talk.

I understand covid has slowed things down, but are there any fixes coming? I would like a definite answer because as of now I'm looking to get my money back and just visit my memory when I need some DD nostalgia. I'm incredibly disappointed.

4 hours ago, Defenderguy said:

there are no venders at all

Trading and Player Shops are yet to be implemented.  I think this was hinted at coming out after the upcoming Episode 1 DLC, but before Episode 2.

the tavern is just an empty building with a big rock in it

And a chicken you can kick around.  And chairs that can be played with.  And a section for trophies.  And 2 secret rooms.  And hidden ducks.

and 2 NPCs that do absolutely nothing but talk

The Blacksmith is where you go to change your hero's appearance.  It's a bit confusing, but you start creating your outfit by clicking the gear in the top corner.

are there any fixes coming

Yes.  They are working on the Episode 1 DLC  which adds 2 new heroes, 4 new maps, new enemies, and new gear.  I believe they are waiting for this release to bundle all the bugfixes with so they don't have to keep going through approval processes for the various consoles.  Speaking of consoles, they are also working in Switch and PS4/5 ports with the plan for all version to be out before 2022.

I loved the original DD but not DD2 so much

As someone who loved DD1 and hated DD2, I can attest that you should give DD2 another try.  I started playing it about a month ago after not touching it since initial launch, and it's surprisingly better.  I'd highly recommend giving it an honest second try if DDA isn't scratching the itch.

So I have to wait for merchants which seems like a basic mechanic? Ok I can move on. I've seen no secret rooms or at least they don't unlock like the previous one used to, I can move passed that too. Auto loot does not work. Loot is hard to differentiate from when the icon isn't working which is 95% of the time and if I miss something is it for sure sold. I can't upgrade to lvl 6 on my towers which is the one that costs 1220, no idea why. I thought maybe it was story related like previous ones but I've beaten the entire campaign on insane and still nothing. There are also some minor buttons like the compare button that do not work, at all, which isn't a big deal by itself, but combined with everything else is really leaving a bad taste not to mention no co-op. I mean, don't get me wrong, the game was cheap, awesome, but it feels like it's been left out to dry. I know that pc gets more attention but from a new customer pov, this feels unfinished and forgotten. The description spoke of new maps and old, but there's old missing, well at least one, again by itself nbd, and I've only seen 2 new. These things by themselves are easily overlooked, but together they add up quickly, and I've looked all over with almost no information except a resounding maybe. That does not bode well.

I don't mean to sound like I'm just complaining, but I'm a life gamer, and I've had enough of the way developers treat gamers these days. Not saying chromatic is doing the same, big props on no microtransactions! btw, just saying my patience is short and this game isn't exactly new. Sorry for the rant, I love what I've played and I will give dd2 another shot, just please fix some of this.

One more btw, don't rush. I understand things take time especially considering the crisis going on, but I would much rather wait a little for a real fix than get a band aid now that's just going to fall off in an hour. 

Sorry for complaining, thanks for your time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Defenderguy said:

I've seen no secret rooms or at least they don't unlock like the previous one used to

There is one that unlocks after beating the campaign.  There's no "OPEN" sign anymore, but you can enter this room the same way you did in DD1.  There is another secret room, but access to that one was a reward for backers.

I can't upgrade to lvl 6 on my towers which is the one that costs 1220, no idea why. I thought maybe it was story related like previous ones but I've beaten the entire campaign on insane and still nothing.

As far as I know upgrading has never been locked based on story progress, it is based on character level.  The 1220 upgrade should require level 60 if I'm remembering correctly.

The description spoke of new maps and old, but there's old missing, well at least one, again by itself nbd, and I've only seen 2 new.

Assuming you're talking about episode 1, there will be four maps total.  One is based on Mistymire and one is based on Foundries and Forges.  The other two are new, so, those are the ones you've seen.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Defenderguy said:

The description spoke of new maps and old, but there's old missing, well at least one, again by itself nbd, and I've only seen 2 new

I think every act had 2 new maps, 2 old maps, and the encore was always an old map.  Also, DDA isn't meant to be a complete recreation of DD1, so it's not surprising some old maps are missing.  There's also plenty of people the think there's too many returning maps, so a bit of a can't win issue there.

So I have to wait for merchants which seems like a basic mechanic

I mean, the merchant in DD1 was never really used.  The gear he sold was terrible.

not to mention no co-op

Yea, this has been complained about for a while now.  I was hoping it would be included when the release to consoles happened.