Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Dear Friends

We have spent so many hours in Dungeon Defenders with my family (4 players local coop), that we have sentiment for this game. Dungeon Defender II wasn't so good in our opinon. So we're waiting for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened.

We have got some questions:

1. Xbox Series X version will be released 17.03.2021. Will it work:

a) 4K@60
b) Dynamic 4K@60
c) 4K@30
d) Dynamic 4K@30
e) 1080p@60

2. We realize that there is no 4 players local coop at PC version at the moment, but will XSX version include this mode on 17.03.2021? 4 players local coop mode is the most important and it's something that creates Dungeon Defenders the best game in it's category. We don't imagine Dungeon Defenders without 4 players local coop mode.

Thank you in advance for your reply and great support.

Sincerely

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Split-Screen Co-op — This is another popular feature that players are anxiously awaiting and it will be available as soon as it runs smoothly! Adding split-screen is a difficult feature to incorporate because the UI needs to run cleanly and efficiently on multiple views. Right now we’re not satisfied with the way our split-screen UI functionality is performing, so we’ll continue to improve this feature until we’re confident it will work the way it’s supposed to for all players. Don’t fret, it’s on the way!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dear Batophobia

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

What about resolution 4K@60 at launch of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened on Xbox Series X?

I haven't got any answer on Facebook, News page or in this thread about performance of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened for Xbox Series X. Hope it's not a secret and Chromatic Games has tested it on Xbox Series X and has got such information?

Sincerely

Edited by VAMET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, you can probably expect it to run at 4k, but not at 60fps, I have  a 2080ti and it feels like I barely hit 60fps at 1440p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dear chpoit

31 minutes ago, chpoit said:

TBH, you can probably expect it to run at 4k, but not at 60fps, I have  a 2080ti and it feels like I barely hit 60fps at 1440p

PC - 4K on Ultra? Xbox Series X may run 4K@60, but Medium/High/Very High?

Maybe Chromatic Games Team will give us more precise information.

Sincerely

Edited by VAMET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DDA release on Xbox will run at 30 FPS @ the resolution of your TV / Monitor (With a limit of 4K) until we are able to verify that the game runs smoothly and as expected on higher frame rates specifically on more powerful systems like the Xbox Series X|S. This is something we weren't able to verify quite yet as don't have any Xbox Series X|S dev kits yet, hopefully in the future we can look at opening things up once we can ensure that they are stable. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Philip

34 minutes ago, [CG] Philip said:

The DDA release on Xbox will run at 30 FPS @ the resolution of your TV / Monitor (With a limit of 4K) until we are able to verify that the game runs smoothly and as expected on higher frame rates specifically on more powerful systems like the Xbox Series X|S. This is something we weren't able to verify quite yet as don't have any Xbox Series X|S dev kits yet, hopefully in the future we can look at opening things up once we can ensure that they are stable. 

Thank you for your answer. As far as I understand it will run 4K@30 if my TV is 4K capable? I would like to ask, what graphics preset equivalent will it be, if we compared to PC version? Will it be Low/Medium/High/Ultra at 4K@30?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes if you have a 4k tv then it would be 4K@30. In regards to the graphics there's not really a straight forward answer to that question as its not as simple as saying we set the Xbox Version to Low or anything, There are a lot of things that went into the optimization of the platform so it's hard to really define it as a specific preset and a mix of different settings. Wish I had a more clear answer for you.

 

Here's a gameplay video for reference if you would like to see for yourself: 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope the 60fps update isn't far away, its the most important thing to me because I switched to next gen consoles for this exact reason!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dear Friends

17 hours ago, [CG] Philip said:

Yes if you have a 4k tv then it would be 4K@30. In regards to the graphics there's not really a straight forward answer to that question as its not as simple as saying we set the Xbox Version to Low or anything, There are a lot of things that went into the optimization of the platform so it's hard to really define it as a specific preset and a mix of different settings. Wish I had a more clear answer for you.

Here's a gameplay video for reference if you would like to see for yourself:

Thank you for your fast reply and explanation. I play Dungeon Defenders series from the release date of the first one with over 500h. We played with my whole family in 4 players local coop mode. Please test Dungeon Defenders: Awakened on XSX, maybe there will be a little horse power to handle 4K@60, I really hope so. Local coop mode is MUST HAVE, I don't want even to think, that you will not add this mode. It would be shame, especially that it's working on the first Dungeon Defenders.

Also I would like to see all: Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards, I mean Part 1-4. There were great DLC for the first Dungeon Defenders. I hope you will add this as one of the DLC. I have already bought Dungeon Defenders: Awakened in preorder from Microsoft Store, so please don't disappoint us. Thank you.

14 hours ago, Khlydo said:

I really hope the 60fps update isn't far away, its the most important thing to me because I switched to next gen consoles for this exact reason!!

I really hope so, that Chromatic Games will use the power of XSX and will optimize Dungeon Defenders: Awakened to 4K@60, if Ubisoft could optimize their Assassin's Creed: Valhalla :D

Sincerely

Edited by VAMET
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...