Sign in to follow this  
Fatheredpuma81

Idea: Pockets for your inventory

So today while brainstorming for ways to improve the inventory system I've come up with an amazing idea! I'd like to call it "Pocket Box" and the way it works is you can create "Pockets" inside of your inventory, and maybe even in your tavern, that you can put items you truly care about, such as event items or just important items to you, inside of where the only way you can interact the items is by opening the "Pocket".

I know this might seem a bit out there to some, but I do hope you at least give it a though. I've even thought about how difficult this may be to introduce and came to the conclusion that if the entire team decides to pull some 20 hour work days we could see this implemented in as little as 8 weeks!

Yes this is satire, just give us folders already.

Edited by Fatheredpuma81

Maybe we could even label these folders pockets, so we can easily tell what's in each one.  And if we could make pockets inside of other pockets, the possibilities are endless!

if we could just place them in our taverns like we used to I would be happy. There are some items that we get that we want to keep and not use like the Kickstarter Girraffe or the Golden Douglas etc. The best thing about DD1 was being able to show them off in your tavern if it was unique or rare or just looked cool, being able to have them placed in the Tavern was the best thing. Some players would go every elaborate with the designs of the loot, placing each carefully or grouping them together just to show off xd. I always loved going to Tavern shops just to look at what was displayed, some would even place rare items on the floor as a sort of a shop display. From what I understand with the present system having anything akin to the folder system from DD1 wont work in DDA, but I see no reason to stop us from putting those items on display in our Tavern and being able to "lock" them so they cannot be picked up by others. I hope once trading is implemented we will be able to display the items we want to and keep those items we feel proud to own in a place other than our main inventory.

2 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

From what I understand with the present system having anything akin to the folder system from DD1 wont work in DDA

Like literally won't work or aesthetically won't work? I doubt it's the latter because we're talking about a game that hides your stats in an out of the way ugly square box with text because it's not important. Still I doubt it's the former- Oh wow I was under the impression this entire time we could DRAG items lol I guess it's more complicated than I thought. Sure blows my mind how bare bones and console oriented this game is. Still it shouldn't be too difficult as a majority of the things required for it to work smoothly are already in the game in the form of the item filters "pockets" could literally just flag an item inside with a specific filter.

2 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

The best thing about DD1 was being able to show them off in your tavern

Not that anyone outside of your friends would see it now anyways as shops and waiting for your tavern to fill up before starting isn't even a thing these days lol. Maybe the occasional guy who sticks around when you go to switch maps?

Edited by Fatheredpuma81