Sign in to follow this  
GlassColaTV

Dst's Target priority

Rift mode is cool and all but this 1 enemie, Rifted Djinn they have this amazing ability called: onyx buff and i find it amazing that some off the rifted units get the potential to 1 shot the core when this onyx buff is applied to them :D the best part is watching your tower's shot a spider which can not dmg the crystall in anyway over an enemie with an onyx buff :D 

The onyx buffed enemie must hit the core before the tower's realise he is there which is amazing...

Best part is that this unit is immune to CC which forces us to place a wall just for 1 unit where we can spawn kill ogre's at the hardest difficulty in the game, 1 small unit with a dynamite tied to his back can make it all the way to the core and blow it up because dst's where busy shooting spiders or something else far away...

Adjusting the target priority for DSTs has been needed since day 1, this is even more evident with Rift Mode. The problem for me is that there doesnt really seem to be any viable alternative to using DSTs as the main DPS tower. The biggest bug bear I have mentioned elsewhere is how Rift Mode basically forces us to only use specific defences and ignore practically every other one. Does anyone make harpoon fusion Squire? or LST Apprentice? Do we even use those towers at all anymore? Even Flamebursts are becoming a thing of the past. back when Insane was the hardest difficulty the solution was to spam dsts after everything since we have just came full circle back to that.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 2

But the options for tower's are Retard aim that shoots where the enemie is and use longer timer than necessary to kill it and as a result you get overwhelmed.

Dst's have a very bad targeting but their time to kill is instant after they shoot, watching a flame burst tower or harpoon shooting down a lane wasting 10 projectiles if the enemie is moving around the corner is just sad :(

Maybe if they gave projectile's the ability to predict enemie movement so they actually hit in time.

and as a experimental buff they could try increasing projectile speed with def. rate so they actually would be viable outside off insane/nightmare difficulty

On 2/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, dizzydiana said:

Adjusting the target priority for DSTs has been needed since day 1, this is even more evident with Rift Mode. The problem for me is that there doesnt really seem to be any viable alternative to using DSTs as the main DPS tower. The biggest bug bear I have mentioned elsewhere is how Rift Mode basically forces us to only use specific defences and ignore practically every other one. Does anyone make harpoon fusion Squire? or LST Apprentice? Do we even use those towers at all anymore? Even Flamebursts are becoming a thing of the past. back when Insane was the hardest difficulty the solution was to spam dsts after everything since we have just came full circle back to that.

ye i had exactly the same thought.. where should this go? with my perspective, they just fucked up another game with the potential to be good with that move. all you have to do is grind for rifted gear, just go with 23-25 runs and thats it. takes long, nothing else.

and its kinda boring to just play with DST. there are so many characters which have potential to be fun and good, but they are garbage. you have to lvl 40 characters, just to use every character in a particular situation, so you have the right rifted gear. in my opinion, thats just annoying. why cant we just have more rare gear, that makes all defense rifted? why even implement rifted? all you have to do right now is place DST, some auras, buff their range, maybe some traps if your dst not that good yet. 

and the EV: what to do with the proton beam that has almost no use at all? just playce a rifted electro that clears the whole map, so why go for the proton beam? same for shock beam? why would you use it if u have a huntress trap thats 100x more efficient doing that? what is the squire for? no one uses its defense, its jsut there to be there, but useless. 

so unbalanced. just make the weak defense stronger, that they are a viable consideration. right now, i can braindead spam my DST and still win. what a challenge. and it just makes it frustrating to farm so much rifted gear with always the same build: DST, auras and you are done. and you need so many characters just to farm even more geasr for them. not fun at all.. dunno, maybe they just added that so the hardcore community has something to do, while they wont release stuff? they said, they will work for years on this project and make it perfect, but thats what they have been saying alot, yet they failed always. i wanted a remake of DD1, just the graphic a little bit, the engine, so its not so laggy in the lategame, and maybe some QoL updates, like seperated loot, loot filters and a properly designed inventory and i am good. dunno what that rift mode actually does in that game.

Edited by DirtyPitch 2.0
  • Like 1

I like Rift mode but i disagree so hard on the balance off the game mode, like reducing set bonus to 30% based on tower dmg not considering how it would affect tower boosters, dps, tanks in the endgame... 

Seems to me the devs have to stop balancing stuff after the admin menu they have on their test version off the game, and actually use player stats from the top 1% off players instead off using loot that we never get to balance the game...

the current balance off the game is having loot that is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% to get